The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jayce Hawryluk | #13 | C/RW

-AJ-

54 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He'll remain in this section until we know if he makes the full roster for next season.

I'm excited about this guy. Looks to be feisty and showed some strong offense during his short 11-game stint in Ottawa. If it continues, this is a huge steal, but even if it doesn't it's a low-risk deal. Great signing.

I don't know A.J., he has really tailed off since his last year of Bantam. :rolleyes:

TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-   POST GP G A TP PIM +/-
2010-11 3.png Russell Rams U15 A PBHL 54 138 126 264
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

He'll remain in this section until we know if he makes the full roster for next season.

I'm excited about this guy. Looks to be feisty and showed some strong offense during his short 11-game stint in Ottawa. If it continues, this is a huge steal, but even if it doesn't it's a low-risk deal. Great signing.

Agreed with the strong offense comment.  Even in short stints (e.g. when we need him to play up the lineup) I think he'll be a Swiss Army Knife type player and a useful 13th forward (hopefully higher up or more regular if a big $$$ bottom-6 guy gets moved).

Edited by Phil_314

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Hoping he makes the team out of camp; we need more players of this type.  Motte-Beagle-Hawryluk would be a hell of a fourth line.  

We need all the depth we can get this year, especially if the rumoured Canadian Division happens.

You forgot MacEwen 6'4 , 215 plays with edge he will be on wing on 4th line MacEwen - beagle  - Motte.......Hawryluk will be great guy to have on team as 13th forward.. Depth for injuries and great work ethic, gritty for his size 5'11, 195 lbs plays big..

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

You forgot MacEwen 6'4 , 215 plays with edge he will be on wing on 4th line MacEwen - beagle  - Motte.......Hawryluk will be great guy to have on team as 13th forward.. Depth for injuries and great work ethic, gritty for his size 5'11, 195 lbs plays big..

No I didn't; I want MacEwen to get a shot on the 3rd.

• Cheers 1

This guy's got some big potential to be the next Motte which is why JB signed him. If he doesn't pan out, he goes to Utica. 7 pts in 11 games screams potential. He'll be good competition for the bottom 6, I'm looking forward to see what he brings but think he'll be a staple with Motte and Beagle.

Canucks' belief in Jayce Hawryluk may be what his winding career needs

That was Benning’s first draft in charge of the Canucks and, after an impressive showing by Hawryluk at the pre-draft combine, Vancouver rated him highly. But the Panthers selected him four spots before the Canucks’ second-round pick, and Benning chose goalie Thatcher Demko.

Thank you Florida for Demko and Hawryluk.