The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players who haven't won that you would like to see win.

Rate this topic

goalie13

18 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I'd love to see the Hurricanes as a team Storm Surge their way to the Cup, that would be lots of fun.
Columbus and NYI too would get my support, as they're perennial underdogs that star UFA's keep leaving (Panarin, Tavares, Bobrovsky, Duchene...); would be great to see them beat the teams that their former stars signed to and ultimately they hoist the Cup as a resilient team.

Don't really have an individual in mind that I'd like to see go all the way, though would agree with Lundqvist as a farewell tour.
Feel like Weber could will his team to a Championship if the rest of the pieces fall in place?

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER SOUTHERN USA TEAM IN THE SUN BELT WIN ANOTHER CUP OR THERE SECOND CUP

This is my current list of non-Canuck players who I have any affinity towards (when they aren't playing us :P)

• Alex Ovechkin ('18) B)
  • Steven Stamkos ('20) B)

• Henrik Lundqvist (Happy that he no longer plays for the Rangers - yes, still dislike them for '94 - and he has a solid shot splitting duties with Samsonov, and proving the media wrong for their "too relaxed in the Bubble" narrative)

• Nate MacKinnon (Team friendly deal and a beast of a player)

• Bryan Little (Tad underappreciated around the league, and unfortunate injury troubles in recent years)

• Jakob Chychrun (Progressing along on his trajectory, would love him in a Canucks uniform) 

• Shea Weber (Hometown boy, booming shot, all-around solid defender and leader)
  • Cheers 2

I’d say Joe Thornton but now that he’s a leaf will have to pass ha ha.   Maybe instead I will go with Marleau but I have to pass too because not a huge fan of SJ either.   Weber for sure.   Same with Price.   That’s going to never happen so going with Wheeler.   He’s about as underrated and under appreciated a player as I can think of who’s in the back nine of his career.   And WNP is a Canadian city I’d choose after of course us to win a cup next.