The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Signing the GOAT

20 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Fine with it as long as we don't rely on him as a permanent top-6 fixture.  As talented as he has been he's getting older now and it might be better for the younger/ in their prime guys to take the lead offensively.

On-ice antics aside, I know a lot of people on here hated him (probably still) when he was with the Ducks, but I think he’s a perfect mentor for the young kids. The dude, practically has won every single championship there is in hockey. He’s the only person in hockey whose in the Triple Gold Club, won a Memorial  Cup, and has a Hart trophy added to his name. He’s a proven winner everywhere he’s been.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, shiznak said:

On-ice antics aside, I know a lot of people on here hated him (probably still) when he was with the Ducks, but I think he’s a perfect mentor for the young kids. The dude, practically has won every single championship there is in hockey. He’s the only person in hockey whose in the Triple Gold Club, won a Memorial  Cup, and has a Hart trophy added to his name. He’s a proven winner everywhere he’s been.

I think if we clear space and lose a couple of our older guys, Perry would be great.  It all depends how everything else goes.