Sign in to follow this  
GMmaster13

[Proposal] Virtanen for a top 4 minute munching RHD

#1. Virtanen won't be traded anywhere until he signs a new contract. No team is going to take him unless they know what his cap hit will be.

#2. Based on his play in the last year and his tendency to be invisible on ice for extended periods of time, I think you would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him right now. He needs to prove that he can be a consistent player in the NHL before any team is going to give anything significant for him. There are guys out there right now, that they can sign as UFA's for 2 - 2.5 million who have established work ethics.

• Hydration 1

15 minutes ago, GMmaster13 said:

Please check out this article I wrote because it goes into detail regarding why this specific deal is beneficial for both teams. It fills vital organizational needs for both clubs involved in a simple swap of decent similar age players.

https://lwosports.com/2020/10/21/nhl-trade-proposal-canucks/

Thoughts?

We can’t move Virtanen right now.  Him and Boeser are our only RW’ers that can score goals.   

Lwos eh, I used to write/edit for them.

You should copy/paste the proposal in the OP though, not everyone wants to be redirected to another site.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

We can’t move Virtanen right now.  Him and Boeser are our only RW’ers that can score goals.   

Don't laugh, but I have hopes for a Miller, Pettersson, MacEwan line. MacEwan is going to suprise everybody and be Bertuzzi 2.0. B)

• Hydration 1

Our top 4 D seems pretty set for the up coming season, when and if that ever starts

Hughes Schmidt - 20-25 minutes a night, most nights 

Edler Myers - 20 minutes a night

3rd pairing - Whatever minutes are left

Hoping one or more of the farm D can push for a spot, I need to believe Canucks can actually develop D through the farm

19 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

Conclusion
 To conclude, the overall cap space that Vancouver gains from this deal would be a welcome addition for them to try and resign Jacob Markstrom, Chris Tanev, and Tyler Toffoli. In addition to that, they get a decent-sized 25-year-old RHD who may be the perfect player to complement Quinn Hughes on the blue line down the road. Likewise, on the other hand, the Kings get a young power winger with 20 goal potential, who instantly adds a nice layer of offense to the depleted right-wing depth of a rebuilding Los Angeles Kings team.

So this article isn't even new... wow. Also, should have said re-sign.

Thanks for the copy paste :) 

If you're going to link to an article, please post a detailed summary or a few paragraphs of content so visiting the link isn't required for discussion. Otherwise it's seen as self-promotion and will be removed.