Hamhuis-Bieksa

McLean

Markstrom

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Nice.

Thanks for the answers.

My intention is that you can mix times for example putting bure with the sedins in a line and etc ...

by the way in goalies department who was more clutch Luongo or Mclean?

There is something about Mclean that just fits my concept of cancuks.

• Vintage 1

Top 2 lines eh?

That’s a tough one.   
EP isn’t on that list yet, but I feel he will be, so he’s going in.  
Same as Hughes. 

Sedin Sedin Bertuzzi 

Naslund Petey Bure

Ohlund Hughes

Edler Jovonoski 

Luongo

McLean 

So I realize this list makes me look 18, and I’m well into my 30s, but with the exception of the two kids, the stats can kinda back this lineup.  
How the hell do you leave out Smyl, Mogilny, Lumme, LINDEN,etc.....?   

This line up would probably get beat up physically a bit, but damn would it do damage.  
Twins finally getting that gnarly power forward with the skills and hands to match theirs.   That would have been wild to see. 
Second line is just too fast and skilled for anyone.   All can fly, shoot, create.....  It would be awesome.  

Ohlund with Hughes    Yup. I wish.  
Jovocop was the man.  That’s all. Lol 

Edler was an amazing dman and holds pretty much all our dman records.  He’s on the list for sure.   

Goalies....... Who else is even close to those two?

Edited by drummerboy
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Heard good stuff about about lot of players that i have not see their play so I`m not going to be a good judge, from my limited knowledge:

love current team, love hughes and EP but they still playing and they will be judged in their later years and will be legends.

so,

Attack:

Sedin-Sedin-Bure

Naslund-Smyl-Linden

Defense:

Ohlund-Salo

Jovanovski-Bieksa

Goalies:

Mclean

Luongo

Heard good things about Gradin, Lume and others but unfortunately have not seen them play.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, ken kaniff said:

The best 2 lines in Canucks history are easily

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi

as for the D. It gets more complicated because there were often switch ups but I’d say

Hamhuis-Bieksa was one of our best shutdown all situations pairing.

If Hughes and Schmidt stay together they will probably be the best. Anyone pairing with Hughes will be our best D pairing lol

Goalies is hard. Luongo is probably the best. But Markstrom the last 2 years were Phenominal. I wasn’t around for McLean or Brodeur so idk

Agree with your lines, though if it was just best at the position regardless of the actual line I would sub out Morrison for Linden (now) or Petersson (in a couple of years). 

I was around for both McLean and Brodeur. King Richard, though a folk hero, falls not only behind these guys but also Gary Smith and (maybe) Cloutier. McLean I put at #2 behind Luongo and ahead of Markie 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, BENN said:

Nice.

Thanks for the answers.

My intention is that you can mix times for example putting bure with the sedins in a line and etc ...

There is something about Mclean that just fits my concept of cancuks.

McLean for sure.  Luongo was the better goalie, but McLean was the better goalie when it mattered most.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Kumquats said:

Funny how a few of us are saying:

Sedin Sedin Bertuzzi 

Did everyone forget that was a 3rd line while Bertuzzi was still playing the top line with West Coast Express?

The twins only really became “the twins” from the 05-06 season onwards.  Prior to that, they weren’t superstars.

Naslund-Linden-Bure also lined up a few times together at the start of the infamous 1997-1998 season when Naslund was pre-peak and Linden was post-peak.

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Upvote 1

Loui Eriksson - Mark Messier - Sergi Shirokov

Michel Ouellet - Derek Roy - Mark Mancari

Undebatable. 

Goalies - Joacaim Eriksson, Ed Dyck (definitely makes the all name team) 

Edited by Aladeen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, ken kaniff said:

The best 2 lines in Canucks history are easily

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi

as for the D. It gets more complicated because there were often switch ups but I’d say

Hamhuis-Bieksa was one of our best shutdown all situations pairing.

If Hughes and Schmidt stay together they will probably be the best. Anyone pairing with Hughes will be our best D pairing lol

Goalies is hard. Luongo is probably the best. But Markstrom the last 2 years were Phenominal. I wasn’t around for McLean or Brodeur so idk

I love this. I agree 100%. They were the best lines of all time. I hate when people split up lines. Chances are the lines would not be as good with different players. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Father Ryan said:

Agree with your lines, though if it was just best at the position regardless of the actual line I would sub out Morrison for Linden (now) or Petersson (in a couple of years). 

I was around for both McLean and Brodeur. King Richard, though a folk hero, falls not only behind these guys but also Gary Smith and (maybe) Cloutier. McLean I put at #2 behind Luongo and ahead of Markie 

Brodeur behind Cloutier?  Lol.  Brodeur 3x Canucks MVP, only Canucks goalie in history to do that.  Stanley Cup Final.  Led the entire NHL in SPCT in the 1982 playoffs including Billy Smith.

Cloutier is ahead of King Richard in beachballs though.  And he has the worst career playoff SPCT in NHL history of any goalie with 20 games.

I like Cloutier well enough but that is ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BENN said:

No question whatsoever that it was McLean.  Luongo is probably the most meltdown prone HOF goalie I've ever seen.  He got to the Final in 2011 but he had to basically go through counseling to deal with the Yips for two separate stretches along the way.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1