The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks All-time First 2 Fantasy lines

Rate this topic

alucard

4 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Top 2 lines eh?

That’s a tough one.   
EP isn’t on that list yet, but I feel he will be, so he’s going in.  
Same as Hughes. 

Sedin Sedin Bertuzzi 

Naslund Petey Bure

Ohlund Hughes

Edler Jovonoski 

Luongo

McLean 

So I realize this list makes me look 18, and I’m well into my 30s, but with the exception of the two kids, the stats can kinda back this lineup.  
How the hell do you leave out Smyl, Mogilny, Lumme, LINDEN,etc.....?   

This line up would probably get beat up physically a bit, but damn would it do damage.  
Twins finally getting that gnarly power forward with the skills and hands to match theirs.   That would have been wild to see. 
Second line is just too fast and skilled for anyone.   All can fly, shoot, create.....  It would be awesome.  

Ohlund with Hughes    Yup. I wish.  
Jovocop was the man.  That’s all. Lol 

Edler was an amazing dman and holds pretty much all our dman records.  He’s on the list for sure.   

Goalies....... Who else is even close to those two?

Your lineup is exactly what i would pick. Right on the dot 

It's very difficult to leave out guys Smyl Mogilny Lumme and Linden but i just get the feeling EP and Huggy are gonna be 2 of the best Canucks of all time.

Also i don't think we need to worry about line 2 getting beat up, we know Bure won't take sh** from anybody just ask Churla LOL. EP is showing alot of the same bite, he's been throwing his weight around alot more in year 2 and i think he will continue to dish it out as he gets more comfortable. 

Prime Bertuzzi and Prime Sedins would be absolutely unstoppable down low. 

• Cheers 1

My full team would probably be as follows:

Sedin-Sedin-Smyl

Naslund-Pettersson-Bertuzzi

Miller-Linden-Bure

Gelinas-Kesler-Mogilny

Burrows

Hughes-Bieksa

Edler-Reinhart

Ohlund-Salo

Jovanovski

Luongo (head is saying Markstrom, heart is saying Luongo) 

McLean 

Edited by DarkIndianRises

3 hours ago, ken kaniff said:

What about Megna and Chaput?

Somewhere in an alternate reality known as Willie Desjardins EA NHL team on Be A GM mode, Megna, Chaput, and Linden Vey have become top line players leading the Canucks to their first ever cup.   Markus Granlund and Sven Baertschi provide consistent secondary scoring for the aforementioned superstars.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Naslund EP Bertuzzi
Sedin Sedin Tanti

Mogilny Gradin Linden

Sundstrom Kesler Smyl

Whoa where's Bure?

But I agree with keeping Nazzy and Bert together and inserting EP in the middle. EP is going to surpass Linden and  Henrik with very high probability so he's deserving of the 1C.

My line was going to be similar as yours, except Bure in for Tanti.

Naslund-EP-Bertuzzi

Sedin-Sedin-Bure

Although I had to think for a bit on whether to put Linden as RW with EP and Naslund, I think Nazzy-Bert chemistry is just too great to ignore and that rare breed of power forward in the lineup is too hard to pass up on.

5 minutes ago, khay said:

But I agree with keeping Nazzy and Bert together and inserting EP in the middle. EP is going to surpass Linden and  Henrik with very high probability so he's deserving of the 1C.

Whoa Nelly, counting your chickens before they're hatched?  I'm pretty sure Joe Juneau projected to be better than Elias after two years.  And Barry Pederson.  Elias may well surpass Henrik and Linden but one is a certain HOFer and the other was pretty close to the cusp of the HOF.  I say let Petterson earn his place.  I can't really give better than a 50% probability he will surpass Henrik so I don't think he's deserving at this stage.  We're that sure Elias will be an Art Ross winner and league MVP?

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Whoa Nelly, counting your chickens before they're hatched?  I'm pretty sure Joe Juneau projected to be better than Elias after two years.  And Barry Pederson.  Elias may well surpass Henrik and Linden but one is a certain HOFer and the other was pretty close to the cusp of the HOF.  I say let Petterson earn his place.  I can't really give better than a 50% probability he will surpass Henrik so I don't think he's deserving at this stage.  We're that sure Elias will be an Art Ross winner and league MVP?

Fair point. But I'll stay with my line combos and with EP as #1C on all time Canucks scoring lines.

EP surpassing Henrik is at best probable (say around 50% chance). Depending on how you view things, you might give lower probability than I and that's fine too. I think EP is and will be more of a complete player than Henrik was even if EP doesn't win Art or MVP.

2 hours ago, khay said:

Whoa where's Bure?

My line was going to be similar as yours, except Bure in for Tanti.

Naslund-EP-Bertuzzi

Sedin-Sedin-Bure

Although I had to think for a bit on whether to put Linden as RW with EP and Naslund, I think Nazzy-Bert chemistry is just too great to ignore and that rare breed of power forward in the lineup is too hard to pass up on.

Yeah but Bure with the twins?  
So he skates the puck into the ozone, then waits for 3-4 seconds for the Sedin’s to catch up and join him?  Lol.  
Bure was an off the rush kinda guy.  Too fast a game for the Sedin’s and their cycle 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Yeah but Bure with the twins?  
So he skates the puck into the ozone, then waits for 3-4 seconds for the Sedin’s to catch up and join him?  Lol.  
Bure was an off the rush kinda guy.  Too fast a game for the Sedin’s and their cycle 

No, he can go ahead and score before the Sedins get there. Note that Sedins can play off the rush and they have the ability to feed the puck to Bure on the rush. They just chose to play the cycle game as an effective means to controlling the puck and thereby, limiting the opposition's chances to score.

Sedins were just so good at cycling that somehow people think they can't play off the rush. And somehow we all assume that Bure can't play cycle game. If anything Bure will be able to score off of the Sedin cycle better than anyone with his skills and power.

10 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Top 2 lines eh?

That’s a tough one.   
EP isn’t on that list yet, but I feel he will be, so he’s going in.  
Same as Hughes. 

Sedin Sedin Bertuzzi 

Naslund Petey Bure

Ohlund Hughes

Edler Jovonoski 

Luongo

McLean 

So I realize this list makes me look 18, and I’m well into my 30s, but with the exception of the two kids, the stats can kinda back this lineup.  
How the hell do you leave out Smyl, Mogilny, Lumme, LINDEN,etc.....?   

This line up would probably get beat up physically a bit, but damn would it do damage.  
Twins finally getting that gnarly power forward with the skills and hands to match theirs.   That would have been wild to see. 
Second line is just too fast and skilled for anyone.   All can fly, shoot, create.....  It would be awesome.  

Ohlund with Hughes    Yup. I wish.  
Jovocop was the man.  That’s all. Lol 

Edler was an amazing dman and holds pretty much all our dman records.  He’s on the list for sure.   

Goalies....... Who else is even close to those two?

Most talented forward is Bure he should be on everyones first line...Hands down best winger Bure #96 /10

Like Burrows but he was not a top 3 right winger...Like his heart but talent not even close to BURE!!!!!!!! # 2  Naslund & Bertuzzi..wingers

!. Naslund -- H Sedin - Bure

2. D.Sedin - Linden --  Bertuzzi

Best 6 forward in the past....Serious come on there the best 6 in positions..

Over 200 games.... Yes Petey will be #1 very soon...

Edited by wildcam

4 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I wouldn't be so hard on @khay. Based on each player's development in their respective first 2 seasons, Petey is far ahead of Hank. I am not discounting Hank's achievements, he developed into a HOF center. But who knows Petey's potential. I just see him getting better as he ages, matures and puts on more weight. Petey is only 21 and has had 2 66pt seasons. Hank's first 2 season pt totals are less than Petey's 1st. Hank really didn't get going until his 5th season with 75 pts. Can we image where Petey may be in his 5th season? I think it's fair to predict Petey could be come the best center Vancouver has ever had. But, barring psychics and crystal balls, who knows for sure?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

No, he can go ahead and score before the Sedins get there. Note that Sedins can play off the rush and they have the ability to feed the puck to Bure on the rush. They just chose to play the cycle game as an effective means to controlling the puck and thereby, limiting the opposition's chances to score.

Sedins were just so good at cycling that somehow people think they can't play off the rush. And somehow we all assume that Bure can't play cycle game. If anything Bure will be able to score off of the Sedin cycle better than anyone with his skills and power.

Yes.  The Sedin’s could score many different ways.   So could Bure.  
But Bure played an aggressive, speed based games that even some of the best skater today would have a hard time keeping up with, let alone the Sedins. 

30 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I wouldn't be so hard on @khay. Based on each player's development in their respective first 2 seasons, Petey is far ahead of Hank. I am not discounting Hank's achievements, he developed into a HOF center. But who knows Petey's potential. I just see him getting better as he ages, matures and puts on more weight. Petey is only 21 and has had 2 66pt seasons. Hank's first 2 season pt totals are less than Petey's 1st. Hank really didn't get going until his 5th season with 75 pts. Can we image where Petey may be in his 5th season? I think it's fair to predict Petey could be come the best center Vancouver has ever had. But, barring psychics and crystal balls, who knows for sure?

I agree, Petey's first two seasons are MUCH better than Henrik's.  By the same token, not that much better than Trevor Linden's.  And I do predict a very impressive career for Elias.  Possibly a Hall of Fame career.  But a lot of things can happen.  After three seasons, Barry Pederson was basically a guarantee for the Hall of Fame going forward...until his shoulder fell apart.  Yeah I didn't mean to be rough on the guy...just that I've seen a lot of things happen to a lot of players.

Joe Juneau is one of maybe a half dozen players ever to get 100 points in his rookie year.  Then...a Brendan Morrison sort of career.  Certainly a good career but nothing close to what would have been expected after year one, where he was in the lofty company of Hawerchuk, Lemieux and Selanne.  Tim Kerr was a lock for the Hall of Fame and then his body gave out before he could play quite enough games.  We've had two other Calder winners in recent memory in Tyler Myers and Andrew Raycroft.  Myers is a decent player, Raycroft is a $2000 Jeopardy question.  Our first pick ever, Dale Tallon, set the all time NHL record for points by a rookie defenseman and had a good second year as well...he was looking as good as Hughes is now.  Most Vancouver fans only know him as the guy who wasn't Gilbert Perreault.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

So are we posting the best lines as they played, or making the top 2 lines with our best players ever? If it's the former. I understand not seeing much Bure. But if it's the latter I am going:

Naslund Pettersson Bure

D Sedin H Sedin Bertuzzi

I also thought about Nalsund-Pettersson-Bure but would ideally like to see a bit more sandpaper on there to create space.

Miller-Pettersson-Bure.   Bure finishes off Pettersson’s great passes, while Miller creates space.  Miller and Pettersson cover for Bure’s lack of defense.

Sedin-Sedin-Smyl.      Sedin’s get a gritty talented winger that is also cerebral and disciplined.  Smyl might be a better fit than Bertuzzi.

Naslund-Linden-Bertuzzi.   Linden has Morrison’s defensive IQ and has enough playmaking ability to link Nazzy and Bert.  Bert and Linden would create space for Naslund.

Gelinas-Kesler-Mogilny.    Mogilny would be the playmaker/sniper hybrid while Kesler would bring two way grit.  Gelinas would bring grit along with some sniping ability.

Hughes-Bieksa.   Bieksa would bring some toughness and right handed shooting to this pairing.

Edler-Brown or Edler and Reinhart:   

Ohlund-Salo

Luongo

McLean