The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks All-time First 2 Fantasy lines

Rate this topic

alucard

Sedin Sedin Burrows

This was the best line we ever had and these are the right players to be on the all time top line regardless. I am not a Sedin fan but their best couple of years were the best we've had. Burrows too. It wasn't just slaying the dragon, he was clutch all the way.

Naslund Kesler Bure

What a line this would have been. I'm thinking Nashville series Kesler.

Ohlund  Jovanoski

Lumme Ehrhoff

I will go with Brodeur for the goalie. For his time. 

Pete and Huggy should make it one day.

Edited by Forpetesake
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, DarkIndianRises said:

Coffee Break Canucks:

Toffoli-Messier-Sundin

Vanek-Larionov-Neely

Rucinsky-Peca-Krutov

Bellows-Pederson-Umberger

Nedved

Reinhart-Schneider

Weinrich-Carney

Erhoff-Ledyard

Ciconne?

Burke
Potvin

My Favourite coffee time players 

Vanek and Potvin.

I don’t remember much of Potvin but he was such an iconic player and every time I see a hockey card or something of him in a Canucks uniform I just think it’s so cool

And Vanek was a great mentor for Boeser. Loved his slap shot. The breakaway slap shot just destroyed goalies confidence. I wish we acquired him years ago so he played more through the tough times. He was fun to watch.

I’d also put Demitra in the list, another fun player to watch. RIP

Another side note I have a signed Goalie stick of Burke. Met him at a hockey camp when he was playing on the Flyers. Forgot he was a Canuck 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Devron44 said:

My Favourite coffee time players 

Vanek and Potvin.

I don’t remember much of Potvin but he was such an iconic player and every time I see a hockey card or something of him in a Canucks uniform I just think it’s so cool

And Vanek was a great mentor for Boeser. Loved his slap shot. The breakaway slap shot just destroyed goalies confidence. I wish we acquired him years ago so he played more through the tough times. He was fun to watch.

I’d also put Demitra in the list, another fun player to watch. RIP

Another side note I have a signed Goalie stick of Burke. Met him at a hockey camp when he was playing on the Flyers. Forgot he was a Canuck 

I totally forgot about Demitra.  He belongs there.

• Cheers 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, DarkIndianRises said:

Coffee Break Canucks:

Toffoli-Messier-Sundin

Vanek-Larionov-Neely

Rucinsky-Peca-Krutov

Sanderson-Pederson-Demitra

Nedved

Reinhart-Schneider

Weinrich-Carney

Erhoff-Ledyard

Ciconne?

Burke
Potvin

Interesting note about Geoff Sanderson.   He got traded to the Canucks twice and only played 22 games in total for us (9 games during the Mike Keenan turmoil era, and 13 games after the 2004 trade deadline if I’m not mistaken).

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Cheers 1

all time line up hmmm

Sedin Sedin Petersson

Bertuzzi Naslund Bure

Linden Kesler Boeser

Moginly Horvat Burrows

Hughes Jovonoski

Ohlund Salo

Edler Bieksa

Luongo (Demko?)

McLean

Edited by Crabby

On 11/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, DarkIndianRises said:

Interesting note about Geoff Sanderson.   He got traded to the Canucks twice and only played 22 games in total for us (9 games during the Mike Keenan turmoil era, and 13 games after the 2004 trade deadline if I’m not mistaken).

Remember he was on our team during a brawl that centered around Petit (who at one point did alright against Probert and played for us) sucker punched Walker twice while his arms were both held back in a scrum, and then Walker got out and went full Texas Ranger Chuck on his ass .... what would of our second line have looked like/depth scoring, if Keenan didn’t protect him instead of Zezel during the pre-cap WCE era?   Would have helped for sure.   Sanderson was a pretty good hockey player. 

• Cheers 2

Naslund Gradin Bure
Sedin Sedin Tanti
Rota Linden Smyl
Odjik Kesler Bertuzzi

Ronning

Ohlund Salo
Edler Bieksa
Jovo Butcher

Lumme

Luongo
Mclean

Lever Petterson Mogilny
Courtnall Horvat Neely
Burrows Miller Boeser
Momesso Morrison Tiger

Kearns Lidster
Hughes Hamhuis
Babych Tanev

Schneider
Miller

Not only did I ignore the request for the top 2 lines, I felt bad for those that missed the cut so I filled out my Utica roster too. Pretty sure I'm at least winning the Calder. Perhaps Butch shouldn't have made the first team, but nostalgia won out as he features in some of my earliest hockey memories.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, BENN said:

Schneider and Miller? thinking outside of the box,

he`s underrated. Miller never showed up in playoffs in his career though, bad teams in front of him.

In fairness they're my AHL goalies. That said if my two teams played each other I think it could go either way.

Perhaps Miller shouldn't get in ahead of Brodeur and Marky, but he regularly carried a pretty mediocre team.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

In fairness they're my AHL goalies. That said if my two teams played each other I think it could go either way.

Perhaps Miller shouldn't get in ahead of Brodeur and Marky, but he regularly carried a pretty mediocre team.

That was the story of Brodeur's entire tenure.

Canucks never had a single 100 point player in the whole time Brodeur was in net 1980-88.  Perhaps the only team in the entire NHL that didn't have one during the decade.

Every other team in the Smythe division had at least one 130 point player during that stretch.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Vintage 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 3:54 AM, ken kaniff said:

The best 2 lines in Canucks history are easily

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi

as for the D. It gets more complicated because there were often switch ups but I’d say

Hamhuis-Bieksa was one of our best shutdown all situations pairing.

If Hughes and Schmidt stay together they will probably be the best. Anyone pairing with Hughes will be our best D pairing lol

Goalies is hard. Luongo is probably the best. But Markstrom the last 2 years were Phenominal. I wasn’t around for McLean or Brodeur so idk

Schmitty and QH won't be a pairing, at least unless it's in special situations but we need 2 pairings with both of those guys on each, have to spread the wealth and not be a 1 trick pony...

20 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Schmitty and QH won't be a pairing, at least unless it's in special situations but we need 2 pairings with both of those guys on each, have to spread the wealth and not be a 1 trick pony...

It’s something that I mentioned in another thread, but I think our one trick pony would be ridiculously dominant with following combination:  

Miller-Horvat-Pettersson / Hughes-Schmidt 

That 5 man unit would likely be as good or even better than Sedin-Sedin-Burrows /Erhoff-Edler, or Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi / Malik-Jovanovski.

In terms of today’s NHL, that 5 man unit would probably be top 3 in the NHL and would be a handful for even the best shut down forwards and defensemen.   

If a second line unit of Pearson-Gaudette-Boeser / Edler-Myers could hold up on their end and score timely goals, then we might have something there.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 12:23 AM, janisahockeynut said:

Yes, I do agree with you, but feel that if he was with those other two, he would be in the middle of it, whether he has a choice or not........personally, I think he would think it was fun.................by the way.....I almost puked to put him in as a Canuck.........I friggin hate him.

So Good point............but that was my thought process

As for Sundin, he had so much skill..........they were forgettable years when he was here, but he was crazy good.......IMO

Sundin was only here for half a year, but people often forget that....

1) He was 38 years old

2) He didn’t have a training camp that year and hadn’t played for half a year.

What people tend to overlook is the fact that Sundin had a huge influence on Kesler’s offensive game.  People also overlook the fact that Sundin was starting to look like his normal self by the end of the season.  Sundin was a PPG player during the playoffs.   I was very grateful for Sundin’s brief time here.   He helped us get to the 2nd round that year.

• Cheers 1