The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Nikita Nesterov

No idea on this guy nowadays, but again... a $700k signing.  At worst he will be AHL or taxi squad depth.

A couple of seasons playing over 20 minutes a night in the KHL... maybe he isn’t anything like he was last time he was playing in the NHL.  Maybe better, maybe worse.

Edited by Provost

Good move.

This tells me that a lot of the NHL free-agency defenders may be looking for a bit more than league minimum.  Smart of Treliving to think outside of the box and bring him in on a very safe deal, that others have mentioned, is fairly risk free.

Another day in the office for Sir Treliving.

Oh wow... once upon a time ago I loved this guy when he was a prospect. I remember when he was Tampa's 6th Dman on their run to the cup finals back in '15, and as a lefty, he'd play the right side. Good outlet pass and smooth skater.

I'm a little jealous tbh, and I wish we brought him in as a depth option for us. However, he definitely lacks some of the meat and potatoes that we'd be missing on the back end. 

34 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Flames is becoming plug city. Guess they are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. 

Well...  JB can easily beat them by bringing back Tanner Glass and Mike Santorelli!! I'm sure they'll be happy with $700k sitting in pressbox with a cocktail....

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a hot minute. Whatever happened to this guy? Thought he was a decently touted prospect.

That's probably what a bunch of fans of other NHL teams will say when we (or some other team) brings back Tryamkin.

Obviously not the same type of player, and a little older now. But there are different reasons why players go back to the KHL other than they just couldn't cut it in the NHL.

13 minutes ago, D-Money said:

That's probably what a bunch of fans of other NHL teams will say when we (or some other team) brings back Tryamkin.

Obviously not the same type of player, and a little older now. But there are different reasons why players go back to the KHL other than they just couldn't cut it in the NHL.

Yeah, that's why I asked what brought him back to the KHL. Lol. Thanks though.

https://24smi.org/celebrity/113030-nikita-nesterov.html

In 2015, the girl became Nikita's official wife and, having left the Urals for the ocean, gave birth to two sons. This event turned the world view of Nikita, who began to miss his homeland and made a tattoo on his forearm with the landscape of the Tagil mountain river. From that moment, he began to go to Chelyabinsk for fishing more often, but, according to Catherine and friends, he released all the caught prey.

In 2017, after moving to CSKA, the hockey player decided to return to Russia and, judging by the photos published on Instagram, now lives with his wife in Moscow. The couple often attends celebrations and charitable events and takes care of children and the environment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pavel the Bure said:

https://24smi.org/celebrity/113030-nikita-nesterov.html

In 2015, the girl became Nikita's official wife and, having left the Urals for the ocean, gave birth to two sons. This event turned the world view of Nikita, who began to miss his homeland and made a tattoo on his forearm with the landscape of the Tagil mountain river. From that moment, he began to go to Chelyabinsk for fishing more often, but, according to Catherine and friends, he released all the caught prey.

In 2017, after moving to CSKA, the hockey player decided to return to Russia and, judging by the photos published on Instagram, now lives with his wife in Moscow. The couple often attends celebrations and charitable events and takes care of children and the environment.

Good on him.  

People here lost their minds when Tryamkin went back home.  Of course if you were to frame the conversation in a different way, and a Canadian hockey player came from KHL back to play in the AHL in order to be closer home, everyone would understand.  

33 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Flames spent too much in FA, so now they have no choice but to fill the roster with plugs. And they will be stuck in the same CAP position for at least 4 more years...

they also aren't going to get anywhere near full value trading lil Jonny either thanks to covid.