The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres re-sign Sam Reinhart

16 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Good for him.
Made the most of his attributes and did it in the NHL’s toilet. That takes character. 

Good people and family.

He probably just made more in that one year than his dad did in his entire career. 

Happy for the BCer. 

There’s a reason why every pick Buffalo makes ends up not living up to expectations (other than Eichel).

It’s not the player, it’s their entire organization that’s the problem. From development, to culture, to the people they bring in, all the way up to management and ownership. It’s been this way for a long time which is why Sabres fans are so frustrated.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

There’s a reason why every pick Buffalo makes ends up not living up to expectations (other than Eichel).

It’s not the player, it’s their entire organization that’s the problem. From development, to culture, to the people they bring in, all the way up to management and ownership. It’s been this way for a long time which is why Sabres fans are so frustrated.

Sounds like a team just Northeast of us.

That draft year there were rumours of us moving up to the #2 spot to pick the "hometown boy". At the time I was glad that didn't happen. Still am glad.

Not a big Reinhart fan, but to be honest I haven't seen him play other than when Buffalo plays the Canucks. Just a small body.

51 minutes ago, Maginator said:

That draft year there were rumours of us moving up to the #2 spot to pick the "hometown boy". At the time I was glad that didn't happen. Still am glad.

Not a big Reinhart fan, but to be honest I haven't seen him play other than when Buffalo plays the Canucks. Just a small body.

Yep would have most likely cost us our 2nd at the very least meaning no Demko.

Definitely glad we didn’t pull the trigger.

To think they had a future Hart trophy winner sitting on the board too. Imagine if Edmonton ended up with Reinhart instead of Draisaitl.

Edited by DeNiro

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wonder why just a one year deal, he must really want out of Buffalo but is waiting for the ED.

I

Sam Reinhart is waiting for Erectile Dysfunction?   Isn't he a little young for that?   

edit - never mind, you meant Expansion Draft.   Sorry guys (and mods).  

14 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That Dahlin kid is pretty good. 

But yeah it’s a hot mess over there.

On 10/25/2020 at 11:47 AM, DeNiro said:

Might also have to do with the fact that Buffalo and the area around it is some of the Sh1ttiest you will ever come across.  I had a friend I would visit there every couple of summers.  If i were a hockey player, id choose Edmonton and Winnipeg over Buffalo in a second.