The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coyotes' 'top' (4th round) draft pick of 2020 was a convict four years ago for bullying.

Rate this topic

Dazzle

4 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Huh 

I guess Patrick Roy who beat his wife had great character. His career sure suffered. 
This kid should have never disclosed this information if he was a minor when the offences occurred.young offender.

but yeah he should be crucified maybe the Chair because most young people never make bad choices. 
anyone who watched or knew about this bullying   should also lose there chosen career path And not be given a second chance. Because that make sense.

These weren't bad choices. This was a systemic pattern of abuse that began before he was 14 and continued after. And it's also how he's responded to his actions, reportedly showing no remorse. 

So when exactly does his second chance begin? Is the years of abuse and no remorse all still his first chance? I'd figure his second chance would've begun already after he went to court. He'd be on chance number 3 now and blowing it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Huh 

I guess Patrick Roy who beat his wife had great character. His career sure suffered. 
This kid should have never disclosed this information if he was a minor when the offences occurred.young offender.

but yeah he should be crucified maybe the Chair because most young people never make bad choices. 
anyone who watched or knew about this bullying   should also lose there chosen career path And not be given a second chance. Because that make sense.

I don't know about past offenses, but Voynov got huge suspension for violating the domestic violence protocol. There are many others who got league mandated punishment for similar issues. The NHL has been inconsistent with penalties/fines, but they have been evolving with time.

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

I also made some poor choices as a kid.  Loved cheeseburgers and hated working out.  As a result, I'm pretty unfit to be an NHLer due to the face that I'd be pretty useless on the ice.  Do I get to blame McDonalds for offering to Supersize my meal or should I just find a career I'm well suited for?  Miller's failings to conduct himself in appropriate matter off the ice similarly disqualify him from being suited to a career in the public spotlight.  The sooner he figures it out and realizes the problem is him and his bigoted family, the better.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It was dumb of the Coyotes to draft him then dump him.

Maybe a team would have taken him in the 6th or 7th round and tried to work with him. But based on that scouts opinion maybe the kid just doesn’t have the ability to feel remorse.

The whole situation is just another reason why the Coyotes are a dumpster fire. 

I think Isaiah Meyer-Crothers mom would still have gone to the press and written a letter to the team that drafted Mitchell Miller regardless of where he was picked. 

I also made some poor choices as a kid.  Loved cheeseburgers and hated working out.  As a result, I'm pretty unfit to be an NHLer due to the face that I'd be pretty useless on the ice.  Do I get to blame McDonalds for offering to Supersize my meal or should I just find a career I'm well suited for?  Miller's failings to conduct himself in appropriate matter off the ice similarly disqualify him from being suited to a career in the public spotlight.  The sooner he figures it out and realizes the problem is him and his bigoted family, the better.

I still love cheeseburgers. 

Edited by CallAfterLife
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I get it I’m not defending his actions.

And if he hasn’t changed then by all means Fk him.  but this is all him being judged For mistakes he made and from what I understand was a minor a child And he was punished for It and learned and grew from it then where’s the reasoning behind this. Everything I read about this it is based on his past not present. 

glad when I was 18 I wasn’t judged on what I did when I was 14-16. 

must be nice For some on here riding  the high horse to be a flawless humans that’s never made a bad decision or poor choice Especially as a child.

this is no different than any current nhler having his nhl team  dig up any info from when their  players were CHILDREN  and the punish them for it. 
And from what I have be reading most on here support that. 
Sounds stupid doesn’t it. Huh. 

I’m just not a believer in the cancel culture and this is all that is. 
Education is the way to change.

i couldn’t help but notice you canceled wife beater Patrick Roy from in quote.
Tough to explain why one as an adult get to keep his career and a kid loses everything. 

• Wat 2

9 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

These weren't bad choices. This was a systemic pattern of abuse that began before he was 14 and continued after. And it's also how he's responded to his actions, reportedly showing no remorse. 

So when exactly does his second chance begin? Is the years of abuse and no remorse all still his first chance? I'd figure his second chance would've begun already after he went to court. He'd be on chance number 3 now and blowing it

So he’s still a racist still abusing others 

and hasn’t learned anything Then shouldn’t   his university be accountable to Since they only took action when this came out about his PAST not his present.

i don’t know if he’s shown remorse I don’t know if he’s learned or grown.

but from everything I read this is based on the actions of a 14 year old who was charged, did the system not punish him.

What he did was disgusting and I’m not defending. He should be judged on what he’s is and If he’s the same POS that did these things then by all means.

So Please post the article that says he has no remorse and is continuing the same behaviour. 

Let’s just cancel him out then everything is peachy.
In fact let’s Just put him in prison and then go back and do the same to the entire population based on their actions a kids. 
I’m So sure whats happened to this kid Because of his stupidity as a child isn’t just breeding more hate for him to continue the cycle. 
don’t try to educate an promote change just cancel it out its worked so well so far.

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

and hasn’t learned anything Then shouldn’t   his university be accountable to Since they only took action when this came out about his PAST not his present.

but from everything I read this is based on the actions of a 14 year old who was charged, did the system not punish him.

What he did was disgusting and I’m not defending. He should be judged on what he’s is and If he’s the same POS that did these things then by all means.

So Please post the article that says he has no remorse and is continuing the same behaviour. 

In fact let’s Just put him in prison and then go back and do the same to the entire population based on their actions a kids. 
I’m So sure whats happened to this kid Because of his stupidity as a child isn’t just breeding more hate for him to continue the cycle. 
don’t try to educate an promote change just cancel it out its worked so well so far.

The magistrate judge said he thought Miller had no remorse. Other scouts interviewing thought Miller swept the past incidents under the rug, rather than outright shaming himself for it.

You don't need him to come out and say he has no remorse. Many people had already judged him to be the case, well before these punishments happened.

• Cheers 1

On 10/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

This is a no-win story. 

But I don't know that we really want to live in a society that can't allow a 14 year old to learn from a mistake.

Learning starts with apologizing and admitting his wrong doing. I would not want this kid on our team

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Learning starts with apologizing and admitting his wrong doing. I would not want this kid on our team

Have to have the emotional intelligence to be able to do that, this kid clearly doesn't. Is it a hard wired character flaw or bad parenting? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/30/2020 at 12:04 AM, Kevin Biestra said:

If you believe that, I don't think you've taken a very close look at Joe Biden.

If you can't see the striking difference between Trump and Biden then you must be deaf and blind. No one is perfect but Biden is a respectable human being, agree or disagree with his policies the man has a heart

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

I'm not a big fan of cancel culture either. I honestly think Mitchell Miller could make a fortune by going into politics and talking about this issue and how it doesn't allow for people to grow from their mistakes. 

But let's all be clear about why this is entire story is now a national issue in Canada and the US. Isaiah Meyers-Crothers and his mother simply didn't feel that Mitchell Miller did enough to apologize and atone for his actions. Had he done so the quotes from Isaiah in the Arizona Republic and the letter that his mother wrote to the Coyotes wouldn't have damned him. 

I posted a Sports Illustrated article earlier that said said how one scout interviewed him on multiple occasions about the incident and said that he felt that Miller simply didn't understand why what he did was so damaging and so was put on their do not draft list. 

I think it says a lot that Miller is a RHD that shows pretty good offensive ability and by all accounts had the talent to go somewhere in the second round fell all the way to the fourth round and was picked up by the most desperate organization in the league. I think it shows that Miller was on the no draft list of pretty much every team in the league and the Coyotes picked him because their entire situation is a mess. Their GM basically left without notice. They lost multiple picks for tampering. I think their situation biased them into believing that selecting Miller wouldn't have blown up in their face. 

I don't think Patrick Roy would have gotten away with what he did in this day and age since the MeToo / Time'sUp and the BLM movement have started to gain traction. We really can't compare why past offenders we're given a pass or lesser sentences because society is finally starting to understand why certain behaviours need taken more seriously. 

Edited by CallAfterLife
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

If you can't see the striking difference between Trump and Biden then you must be deaf and blind. No one is perfect but Biden is a respectable human being, agree or disagree with his policies the man has a heart

I don't agree with your assessment of Biden, either having heart or being respectable.

I can back this up with examples but like I said earlier, perhaps others should take a closer look at the candidate for themselves rather than automatically assuming he's better than Trump out of hatred for the orange guy.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I don't agree with your assessment of Biden, either having heart or being respectable.

I can back this up with examples but like I said earlier, perhaps others should take a closer look at the candidate for themselves rather than automatically assuming he's better than Trump out of hatred for the orange gu.

I find that an easy assumption, Trumps a scumbag in all aspects, nothing about him is good in anyway. No need to compare at all

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, Sbriggs said:

I find that an easy assumption, Trumps a scumbag in all aspects, nothing about him is good in anyway. No need to compare at all

No need to compare at all.  How informed an opinion can you develop if, like the other person, you don't even engage in a comparison or an attempt to gain information and evaluate.

Do or don't, it means nothing to me.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

I can honestly say that I teared up when I read the text messages Biden sent his son when he was in rehab. They were so heartfelt. Biden clearly loves his son very much. But ask yourself this. Why does Joe Biden have nothing but love and compassion for his own son but nothing but contempt for those he sent to prison by championing the 1994 crime bill which he proudly touted back then as the Biden Crime Bill. Why does Hunter Biden get the benefit of a fancy rehab facility while others suffered and continue to suffer the trauma of an American prison? 

Where was Biden's heart in 1991 when three women were ready to testify to the claims made by Anita Hill against Clarence Thomas but were sidelined by Biden? Biden was the head of the judiciary committee that could have allowed those women to speak but chose not to give them the opportunity. 

Where was Biden's heart in 1994 when he voted to de-regulated the financial industry by that eventually led to the practices that caused the recession? 

I won't disagree that Biden is clearly capable of empathy and Trump is very clearly a narcissist. But Biden's heart is pretty useless on a lot of major policy items that tangibly benefit peoples lives. Biden has also clearly stated that he wants his presidency to usher in new politicians like Pete Buttigieg. Not AOC and those like her. Pete Buttigieg. The guy who raises money in houses and wine caves of billionaires. 

2 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I can back this up with examples but like I said earlier, perhaps others should take a closer look at the candidate for themselves rather than automatically assuming he's better than Trump out of hatred for the orange guy.

I think what a lot of people miss is the civility. They miss people who use condoms.

Edited by CallAfterLife

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Apparently, he still retains his scholarship.   Just can't play on the hockey team. 

Sigh :picard:

Guess UND does support these kinds of people in their school (giving him FREE education), so long as there isn't a public outcry.

This kid will never learn.