Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(WTF?) MLB player tests positive for COVID, but celebrates with team anyway

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, surtur said:

Did he have symptoms?

It doesn't matter whether he has it or not. Asymptomatic doesn't mean he is virus-free. In fact, it's a misleading health state. The article I sent you a few days ago highlights this distinction.

 

You yourself have underscored the reasons for why you OUGHT TO take safety precautions more seriously.  You should be considerate of others (practice due diligence to limit your contact with others). Failing that, the fear of a lawsuit is an extra layer of deterrent.

 

Your article has perfectly stated why Turner should have followed safety protocols. The article did not say that a person with a positive PCR was infectious NOR healthy. More studies were required.

 

PCR positive tests have been a tool to detect COVID. He is positive, therefore he has to take precautions to avoid people because 1) you are not a selfish douche 2) if you recklessly cause infections in people, you should be held responsible.

Edited by Dazzle
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

It doesn't matter whether he has it or not. Asymptomatic doesn't mean he is virus-free. In fact, it's a misleading health state. The article I sent you a few days ago highlights this distinction.

 

You yourself have underscored the reasons for why you OUGHT TO take safety precautions more seriously.  You should be considerate of others (practice due diligence to limit your contact with others). Failing that, the fear of a lawsuit is an extra layer of deterrent.

 

Your article has perfectly stated why Turner should have followed safety protocols. The article did not say that a person with a positive PCR was infectious NOR healthy. More studies were required.

 

PCR positive tests have been a tool to detect COVID. He is positive, therefore he has to take precautions to avoid people because 1) you are not a selfish douche 2) if you recklessly cause infections in people, you should be held responsible.

As per actual science a positive PCR test is not a conclusive result to be able to claim a positive viral infection on its own.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, surtur said:

As per actual science a positive PCR test is not a conclusive result to be able to claim a positive viral infection on its own.

 

Nor does it say a person is free from the possibility of infecting others, as per actual science.


Your article never makes the above determination, nor should it do so. There is no way to ensure (so far) that someone who has a positive PCR test will not pass on the virus, regardless of symptoms or not (this has already been scientifically debunked). So why are you acting like you know the science when you're the one drawing false conclusions from an article that you picked?

 

Science should never be cherrypicked like the way you're doing. Taking excerpts from a scientific article and perverting the intent of the article is just blasphemous.

Edited by Dazzle
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Nor does it say a person is free from the possibility of infecting others, as per actual science.


Your article never makes the above determination, nor should it do so. There is no way to ensure (so far) that someone who has a positive PCR test will not pass on the virus, regardless of symptoms or not (this has already been scientifically debunked). So why are you acting like you know the science when you're the one drawing false conclusions from an article that you picked?

 

Science should never be cherrypicked like the way you're doing. Taking excerpts from a scientific article and perverting the intent of the article is just blasphemous.

I am only showing the downfall of the PCR test being used to determine a positive case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surtur said:

I am only showing the downfall of the PCR test being used to determine a positive case.

I think you are showing a little more than just that. You've used this opinion to build it towards a bigger argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...