The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson podcast appearance sets off Twitter storm.

Rate this topic

cuporbust

So,  looks like Pettersson has set off a bit of a twitter storm by agreeing to appear on spittin chiclets. Yes , the very same podcast that Bo Horvat was featured on not that long ago. The podcast has been under scrutiny for its alleged misogynistic content. Jeremy Roenick lost his job as a result of things said on the podcast. Just wondering what people here think? 

Not a secret as to what JD Burke thinks lol

Edited by cuporbust

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

People with double standards - not surprised. If Horvat's been on it, and no one has called him out for that, why should Pettersson be?

Yeah, it's a huge topic on twitter right now lol. I was also shocked there was no issue with our captain on it , but now it's a big deal? 

• Like 1

Slow news time during the offseason, people are finding just about anything to grasp at.  Same goes when people began to get on Jake's case for using the cellphone during driving.

Albeit I hate that podcast, I don't look upon Petey any differently because he choses to go on.  

edit: seems like most of the people stirring the drink are the contributors to the Broadscast podcast, and Canucks army people who back both the broadscast heavily and JD Burke, so no real surprise that they have tagged team with their followers to jump all over Elias Pettersson.  Its a good thing i've mostly muted all of them on social media.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Duncan Keith

Alex Killorn

Kevin Stevens 

Brendon Lemieux 

Noah Hanifin

Andrew Raycroft 

Kris Versteeg

Ryan Reaves 

Brad May

Rich Clune

Hal Gill

Gary Roberts 

I mean this is a very quick list of recent guests they have had . Canucks twitter is hilarious. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 2

People got nothing else to talk about I guess. People need to learn to live their own life and mind their own business. It is pretty simple, if you don't like the pod just don't listen and carry on with your day. No need to bash Petey and storm twitter. 

I have listened to a couple episodes of players I like or ex players and have always found they don't cross the line. I don't listen regularly so I'm sure they say borderline things but I find they don't cross it. 

Re the Roenick interview the boys Biz and Whit did try to save him and say woah careful but Roenick kept going. Now, there is no excuse that kind of stuff, and shouldn't be said period but definitely not recorded and posted on a podcast. Roenick has been held accountable for what he said.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Duncan Keith

Alex Killorn

Kevin Stevens 

Brendon Lemieux 

Noah Hanifin

Andrew Raycroft 

Kris Versteeg

Ryan Reaves 

Brad May

Rich Clune

Hal Gill

Gary Roberts 

I mean this is a very quick list of recent guests they have had . Canucks twitter is hilarious. 

Add Bo Horvat to that list. 

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

Add Bo Horvat to that list. 

Those were just some of the most recent. I mean Rick Bowness was just on one episode ago. One of the most respected NHL figures, but hey, Pettersson stupid for doing it?

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

JD Burke thinks he's so important. What a whiny bitch opinion to have.

How did this idiot end up on actual radio? I mean,  a guy that gets into Twitter beefs constantly is now considered an actual analyst? 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

JD Burke thinks he's so important. What a whiny bitch opinion to have.

Well , we had some good back and forth tonight on Twitter.  Some people actually think they are successful because they are like that. The truth is , he could probably be more successful without the aggressive opinions, but when u have some measure of success being the way u are , makes it hard for anyone to see that .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What is “Canucks Twitter” exactly?

Also did I miss something? Since when did people start boycotting Spittin chiclets?

I dont know. Apparently today. Lol. It's the latest crusade I guess . SC is the new target.