The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

A good first game of the day. Surprised that Germany hung in there right to the end.

Maybe Canada and Germany need to do a trade.

German trainers, organizers, coaches from their soccer program.

Canadian trainers, organizers, coaches from our hockey program?

Russia was very lucky to win this game.  I don't see them winning any more games in this tournament.  They can dominate a game, but appear not have the 'finishers' to win. 

Overall I have been happy with Podz contribution, as I've never really seen him as a finisher; more as a huge factor in the domination that Russia has shown.  I believe Podz style of game will  be a huge addition to the Canucks and although he won't get the scoring numbers some fans will expect, he will end up with a lot of assists.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Russia was very lucky to win this game.  I don't see them winning any more games in this tournament.  They can dominate a game, but appear not have the 'finishers' to win. 

Overall I have been happy with Podz contribution, as I've never really seen him as a finisher; more as a huge factor in the domination that Russia has shown.  I believe Podz style of game will  be a huge addition to the Canucks and although he won't get the scoring numbers some fans will expect, he will end up with a lot of assists.

seemed to me more of a case of playing down to a lesser team. How many times have we seen that the NHL? once you do that you give the underdogs life. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

seemed to me more of a case of playing down to a lesser team. How many times have we seen that the NHL? once you do that you give the underdogs life. 

Maybe, Jimmy...we'll see how they do in the next game.  Still, it doesn't change my opinion of Podz game, as I don't think he would ever quit on his team; especially during an important tournament like the WJs.

I love how he plays the game and can hardly wait to see him play in the NHL, alongside some great finishers.

• Cheers 1