The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I thought the Russia Sweden game was pretty great...mind you, was totally invested in that one for obvious reasons.

Slovakia-Germany another good one, as well as the Czech defensive performance against the Russians.

• Vintage 1

I remember why hated the TSN broadcast team just A brutal bunch of clowns. 
hard to watch with the volume on at any point during the broadcast. So glad we don’t have to listen to this garbage which the nucks anymore. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Lucky for him he's in Edmonton and can easily join the rest of his teammates in camp:

c47rjkcnpjhm0k93ujibxfbp3lwfegedkdrm79ui

Did they change their name to the Pylons? :lol:

10 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

I remember why hated the TSN broadcast team just A brutal bunch of clowns. 
hard to watch with the volume on at any point during the broadcast. So glad we don’t have to listen to this garbage which the nucks anymore. 

I thoroughly dislike their commentary, particularly Ferraro who is extremely biased towards Canada.

Overall, I think the TSN crew don't give enough respect or credit to the other teams, not named Canada or the Us. The way they describe them is patronizing. In the meantime, a freaking empty net goal is praised like a game winning goal.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I thoroughly dislike their commentary, particularly Ferraro who is extremely biased towards Canada.

Overall, I think the TSN crew don't give enough respect or credit to the other teams, not named Canada or the Us. The way they describe them is patronizing. In the meantime, a freaking empty net goal is praised like a game winning goal.

TSN's coverage of the tournament is geared towards casual Canadian hockey fans, in fairness. They are focused on Canada 24/7 as a result - but I've come to look past that. I think Ray/Gord do a great job. And Craig Button has great insight on different players from all teams. 

I actually look forward to watching the Canucks high-end prospects more, and find myself cheering for underdog teams to show well against Canada. I've watched more of Russia/USA/Sweden the last few years than Canada. The last year I truly cared about Canada's result was 2013 during the lockout. Olympics is where it becomes real for me. 

That said - getting back to TSN - Its great to see Bobby Mac back and fully engaged. He always does a wonderful job with the World Juniors. If this is his only real role throughout the year it'll be a bit of an added attraction to the tournament, atleast for me. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Can’t believe Sweden choked again. My god, how can one be so dominant in preliminary play but fail so spectacularly when the chips are down? :huh:

They failed to Finnish! 

• Haha 2