The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

That said - getting back to TSN - Its great to see Bobby Mac back and fully engaged. He always does a wonderful job with the World Juniors. If this is his only real role throughout the year it'll be a bit of an added attraction to the tournament, atleast for me.

It wouldn't be the holiday season without the Bobfather.  Truly grateful for all the Christmases he has spent away from his family to cover this tournament. 

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Mistake by Zegras not being more aware of surroundings, hope he’s ok 

Good non-call.  Usually those get called in this tournament.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

TSN's coverage of the tournament is geared towards casual Canadian hockey fans, in fairness. They are focused on Canada 24/7 as a result - but I've come to look past that. I think Ray/Gord do a great job. And Craig Button has great insight on different players from all teams. 

I actually look forward to watching the Canucks high-end prospects more, and find myself cheering for underdog teams to show well against Canada. I've watched more of Russia/USA/Sweden the last few years than Canada. The last year I truly cared about Canada's result was 2013 during the lockout. Olympics is where it becomes real for me. 

That said - getting back to TSN - Its great to see Bobby Mac back and fully engaged. He always does a wonderful job with the World Juniors. If this is his only real role throughout the year it'll be a bit of an added attraction to the tournament, atleast for me. 

You and I see some different things then. Gord is fine, but Ferraro is intolerable for me. These other teams have shown me that a lot of progress has been made to up the competition.

Also Gord made the ultimate sin, talking about a shutout so casually on broadcast. Then guess what happens? Slovaks score.

I am cheering for the Slovaks.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Russia will be the underdogs.

This Canada squad is pretty damn good.

The Russians have been improving along the way, but Canada is just ridiculously stacked. 

Can't wait to see how Podkolzin does, hoping for a big game from him.