The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Guillaume Brisebois to a one-year, two-way contract.

Also Breezy is a very good depth guy.   Glad he’s got another contract, in his prime now, very reliable Utica guy - as good or better then OJ the games I’ve seen live.   Just goes to show how hard it is to crack the NHL after multiple very good camps.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Also Breezy is a very good depth guy.   Glad he’s got another contract, in his prime now, very reliable Utica guy - as good or better then OJ the games I’ve seen live.   Just goes to show how hard it is to crack the NHL after multiple very good camps.  

Young man just needs the chance, hopefully it’s with us.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Good! Now play him now that our depth on D is thin. This kid has done his time in Utica and I would want to see him as our 7-8 D man. When we drafted him (3rd rounder from the Eddie Lack trade) he was already the captain of his junior team at 17. Has good numbers as a two way D in the AHL. I just wonder why Benning never mentions his name along the OJ Rathbones and Chatfield, why not mention Brise? He’s earned his time to play in the bigs. Now or never IMO.

• Upvote 1

Apparently Chris Gear was mentioning on the radio that they are hoping for

an expanded taxi squad, similar to the playoffs for the season.

instead of moving the AHL team close, they will just keep their “call up” worthy players with the NHL club.

Brisebois would be one of those for sure

Hughes-Myers

Edler-Schmidt

Juolevi-Benn

Rathbone-Rafferty

Chatfield-Brisebois

The only issue with that plan, is that you have to also feed some games to the young guys so they continue to develop.  That may not be the worst thing in a compressed schedule anyways.  You could literally swap out one of our top 6 every game for “load management”