The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

14 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

A couple of years ago?  I felt very lucky not to be fired, railing over a rule that was obvious. Took a week or three but apologized and took my lumps. Was put in my place. Felt lucky. A couple of years before that I felt even more lucky to be given a chair.  And had years of fun here. I definitely appreciate everyone's time and efforts hosting the league for us.

I sent Kurt a DM after this off season.  Mentioned how I thought the off season was handled well, specifically UFA's but also included recruiting of GM's and increased activity. Asked him to share the feedback with Mike & the execs. As i thought the league was improved by activities this year. I also share positive feedback.

At this moment, I dont believe if there were issues with rules? An increased sense that tanking was getting worse. It was not really mentioned or discussed. I do think they should be. 

So maybe its time I let go.  This is my resignation note. 

Thanks, and my thanks are sincere, everyone for the league and having me in it.    

Cheers

Ah &^@#

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The rule is not meant to scream anything. Its a CBA adjustment finalized by the leader of the League and endorsed by other members.

Not everybody has to like it, some voice their concerns and frustration fair enough some a little bias and self serving. I get that too, we all have interests involved.

I like the " how could you implement this mid season " argument.....you realize that is literally the furthest point in the time space continuum to the next draft...what? Implement it in the offseason with weeks til the draft?

Some voice their support but the end of the day a change was implemented. Thats it. Nobody is not listening or hearing the outcry real or not. This is the adjustment, we move forward. Feel free to trade or make adjustments as an organization as needed.

If you dont understand it by now, I feel no use debating it any further. Its pretty simple if you ask me, and mind boggling how some dont get it

We are almost half way through the year, and teams like me whose on the outside looking in were making moves preparing for that lottery pick. Then rule just gets smacked down and now have a 33% chance of not even picking top 10? Naw thats not right.

If made to take effect in 2022 draft it gives us bad teams a chance to get better, if it fails and we still suck, atleast we ALL start at 0 points next season and no1 is technically screwed by the rule, since you had time to prepare for it

I know the reply im going to get so save the "GML has always been anti tank", I get it. There's a way to do it, but the way its been handled and just dropped on us like that is ridiculous. I say that in the most respectful way possible

I dont mean to cause any rift here, but when peoples opinions are being ignored and dismissed so easily, its very frustrating as someone who has put so much energy and time into building their team here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

That ugly part of the game had reared its ugly head in private and pm for some time. A perceived and manifested trend that it is ok was starting to be commonplace and unchecked in the thread.

These things were brought up and discussed just not clogging up the thread with it. 

Now that there was an argument by some to be upset that being rewarded for poor performance was and is not ok, that our CBA suggests building teams and trying to improve, keeping owners and fans happy was ignored. Well thats not ok.

Its never an attack on one individual and not about one. Simply about holding the standard that was being compromised by a trend or idea that is not cool.

Blah Blah Blah GIFs | Tenor

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Lets look at that.

If it gets moved to 2022, I will come back into the GM role of Toronto (if accepted). Also think there should be a league wide discussion on the rule, but if yall can atleast decide on 2022 ill live with whatever rule put in plqce

• Haha 1

The only teams that actually tank are teams without good active GMs, this continues to backfire hahahah. 

this is like when the government gives a lot of money to a corporation so they don’t go under, then that corporation takes the governments money and still fires its employees. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

will ferrell wtf GIF

Am I suppose to quit too? Is this normal in GML?

Domino effect :frantic:

Seriously though its very frustrating whats happening. I think it can be fixed, but execs need to be a bit open minded imho. I love this league and have more fun in this than my yahoo $ leagues, but man...

If I started a yahoo league and changes a draft rule mid way through the season they would have my head on a spike lol. You just cant do that and expect no backlash. Theres are people greatly affected by this. Most people arguing for it are ones that benifit from it today. 

Sucks man. Yall need to talk it out and come up with something better than this. Its pretty simple tbh. I could sit down today and come back to yall with 20 better ways to go about it. Not my place to tell anyone how to run their league, but it is my place to speak up when a mid season rule screws me and didnt even have the decency to use a little lube

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The rule is not meant to scream anything. Its a CBA adjustment finalized by the leader of the League and endorsed by other members.

Not everybody has to like it, some voice their concerns and frustration fair enough some a little bias and self serving. I get that too, we all have interests involved.

I like the " how could you implement this mid season " argument.....you realize that is literally the furthest point in the time space continuum to the next draft...what? Implement it in the offseason with weeks til the draft?

Some voice their support but the end of the day a change was implemented. Thats it. Nobody is not listening or hearing the outcry real or not. This is the adjustment, we move forward. Feel free to trade or make adjustments as an organization as needed.

Was anyone suggesting to make a change right before the draft?

You mention that nobody is not listening, but considering the amount of GMs quitting, perhaps that's evidence that GMs should have been polled to get some feedback before implementing?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

will ferrell wtf GIF

Am I suppose to quit too? Is this normal in GML?

Haha every few years a handful leave at the same time over something dramatic. 

Door is always open for dialogue and discussing things. Multiple pages of this can go on while half the league is at work unaware of the brewing stew haha

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Was anyone suggesting to make a change right before the draft?

You mention that nobody is not listening, but considering the amount of GMs quitting, perhaps that's evidence that GMs should have been polled to get some feedback before implementing?

Thats fine it can be discussed its just disappointing the level of upset and consequential quitters involved.

Its the perception that fellow GMs being labeled execs ( which I hate anyways ) are colluding or the old boys club and both surfer and bomba have spoken of this many a time before its almost expected they'd be a couple guys to quit off the bat.

Door is always open and people shouldn't assume this executive is not listening or all at the same level of privy

53 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So maybe its time I let go.  This is my resignation note. 

Thanks, and my thanks are sincere, everyone for the league and having me in it.    

Cheers

45 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

so why not make that rule change for 2022?

29 minutes ago, Crabby said:

If it gets moved to 2022, I will come back into the GM role of Toronto (if accepted). Also think there should be a league wide discussion on the rule, but if yall can atleast decide on 2022 ill live with whatever rule put in plqce

31 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Lets look at that.

Let's all just take a breath before everyone takes their respective ball home. I don't think anyone wants any of you guys rage-quitting.

As per Mike's post, let's look at that. Ultimately it's Curt's league but if he, with input from the exec, can agree to compromise on implementing it next year can we all continue to play nice?

I honestly think you guys are missing the boat on doing it this year with the 21 draft being such a crap shoot but if delaying it a bit (as well as some teams bringing their rosters up to snuff in the mean time) gets us all where we want to go...

8 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

its just disappointing the level of upset and consequential quitters involved.

Trust me it took a lot to walk away from the team I built. You know how hard I worked those phones all year for that?

If you were listening, you werent showing it. I seen you mention the 9%-6% odds at 1st overall multiple times. Therefore suggesting you were not listening, but instead just trying to prove a point.

Thats the main reason I stepped down. I would like to come back, but will have to see how the dust settles first, because im deeply disappointed over whats taken place and how the outcries have literally been ignored. Atleast until GM #3 quit

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thats fine it can be discussed its just disappointing the level of upset and consequential quitters involved.

Well, that's where getting feedback on rule changes helps. You'd know how each GM feels about something, and perhaps they could offer a different perspective that may have been missed.

This is the adjustment, we move forward. Feel free to trade or make adjustments as an organization as needed.

This doesn't sound like listening for what it's worth. The exec team is certainly free to make changes as they see fit -- I just think this shows how reaching out to everyone ahead of time and getting feedback can go a long way before making an immediate change. You don't have to reply to this.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1