The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

19 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Going to have to fire that publicist of yours. I believe the player in that promo belongs to me ;)

Happy new year everyone!

Sorry my paint skills only go so far :lol:. I was lucky enough to be able to fill in the gray swirls :P

:D  please no tampering charges ::D

39 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Sorry my paint skills only go so far :lol:. I was lucky enough to be able to fill in the gray swirls :P

:D  please no tampering charges ::D

I don't know man, Nick hasn't been returning my calls lately. I feel like something is up.

looking season 3 GIF by Rosanna Pansino

• Haha 1

Good luck to our WJC quarter-final participants! 

Early Lineup Projections for the 2021 World Juniors (Group A) –  DobberProspects

9AM PST / 12 NOON EST

Team  Germany 21.png vs  9.png Team Russia

RUS - Shakir Mukhamadullin (D) 65th OA (2020)

12:30PM PST / 3PM EST

Team Finland 2.png vs  1.png Team Sweden

No Representatives

4PM PST / 7PM EST

Team Canada 3.png vs  8.png Czech Republic

CAN - Dylan Cozens (C) 6th OA (2019)

CAN - Kaiden Guhle (D) 15th OA (2020)

7:30PM PST / 10:30PM EST

Team USA 6.png vs  4.png Slovakia

No Representatives

Go get em kids! Have fun out there! A full day of wall to wall hockey coverage!

57 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I guess that's you sneaking out of Nick's house after dropping off a heavy suitcase of cash.

Don't worry I can't afford his services. :lol: I'm way to cap strapped for that kind of veteran contract. 

Ack, I slept in on Eliminator day! Thankfully the WJC committee knew of my late night shenanigans and scheduled Germany to lose to Russia mostly while I was snoring. 

Seriously though, 2-0 after 2 is a great outcome for Germany, I still think they have the power to beat Russia in the third!!

8 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Teams that still haven't checked in with activity check:

Florida @Ty Webb

Anaheim @AndreLePlum

Los Angeles @Brunners

Dallas @theminister

Can I have their stuff if they don’t make an appearance?

I am officially invoking the dibs clause in the CBA. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Just a quick hit before I reply to a wave of PMs and teams get upset that a player didn't pick them...

There is one of said player, and potentially 4-6 teams in the mix.  Someone will be annoyed.  It sucks, I get it.

For transparencies sake, here is the criteria I look at when trying to narrow things down:

- money

- term (and how differences in term would effect a player depending on the stage of their career they are in)

- fit on the roster (are they a top D with an offer from a team with no top D as opposed to a team that has 2 top D already, etc.)

- Front office budget investment.  Yes, they matter. No, they aren't the ONLY parameter.

- Roster depth

- Roster volatility and/or security in form of clauses etc.

Note one thing that's NOT on the list: Cup contending team.  Which should be a factor, but for our league, it's not, or at least not a big one.  Because if it were, how would the other teams get better in the short term?  It MAY be a determining "all other things being equal" factor for a veteran guy looking for one last kick at it, but otherwise, where you landed in last years standings is mostly irrelevant.

Just a note: Nobody has said anything rude or reacted poorly (not to me anyways, though there may be cursing at your monitor/mobile device, which I understand). I just wanted to point it out ahead of time so everyone knows, I don't just pick a team or the highest monetary offer.  I do put a fair bit of thought and effort into choosing the right offer.  Which also takes some time.  I appreciate how awesome people have been given this challenging year.

Now!  Back to the PMs... :lol:

finally my playoff failures are paying off!

• Haha 1