The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

CBJ recall Kivlenieks, Peeke and Stenlund from Cleveland

Blue Jackets are looking to acquire a Top 9 Forward on a likely playoff team. We are willing to pay PHI's 2021 2nd as compensation for the right player. (Rentals are fine too).

Please pm @Rush17 if you think you might have a player to fit this criteria. Thanks!

update: this need has been met. Still wishing to engage in talks to see if we can alter our roster a touch yet. Feel free to still reach out.

Edited by Rush17

MSG NEWS

who's in who's out edition

Jimmy Vesey has been held off the ice, which is of particular note as The Rangers are only 11 minutes from puck drop on a full 60 minute, three period intrasquad scrimmage. Team Red/White will be short a forward, with Vesey taking the pregame warmup, but pulled back by the coaching staff moments before stepping out for the scrimmage. Team Blue/White starting tendie Semyon Varlamov was seen waiving to JV26 as he took to the ice, Vesey was on twitter just last night predicting 'lighting up' the Rangers odds on favourite for starting netminder.

We can only assume Young Gun Jimmy V is on the move, the trainer was hurriedly seen taping his sticks together for the cab ride

With the Rangers sitting at 46 contracts, it is hard to imagine players coming back the other way

Edited by Primal Optimist

On 12/31/2020 at 12:34 PM, Rush17 said:

NHL, NHLPA agree to 56-game season

gmlready.png

The 2021 season is around the corner and we have a new standings format for the upcoming season! Once the ball gets rolling we will add in the playoff bar between ranks 4/5 to give a better indication who's currently in a playoff spot and just on the outside looking in. For those of you who are new to GML - I started to post divisional / playoff race stats here in the thread as the season progressed. Please refer to pickup for daily content but I will be updating these standings once every week or two when time permits. 

The new divisional format is very fun for me. I believe we are all going to love the rivalries that are reignited or begin here in this Northern all Canadian division. @canuck2xtreme will post the new pickup information closer to the seasons start. If you are new however and wish to check out last seasons totals please check it out using this link and these login credentials.  

https://www.pickuphockey.com/ (Login: CDCGML 2019-20 | Password: CDCGML). 

the new playoff format will not include the wildcard format. Teams must finish in the top 4 of their division to qualify for postseason play in the 2020-21 season. I look forward to seeing you all out on the ice!

bumping so i can get to it easy, thank you Rush17

this is the divisions for the year then. 

Assignment: The Pittsburgh Penguins assign Kevin Stenlund to Seattle of the AHL

Recall: The Pittsburgh Penguins recall Barrett Hayton from Seattle of the AHL

Updated NHL Roster

Panarin  Hertl  Forsberg

Donato Debrincat  Bertuzzi

Mangnapaine Hayton DeBrusk

Milano Bemstrom  _________

Weal Trenin

Subban  Montour

Bouchard Myers

Smith  Simek

Kylington

Hutton

Petersen

Edited by ActionJax09
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

DISMISSAL: The Los Angeles Kings have respectfully removed Brunners as their General Manager.

HIRING: The Los Angeles Kings have hired greensman as temporary General Manager.

The Kings will continue to look for a permanent GM.

Many thanks to league for allowing me to see this team into the season. I will do my best to isolate a few issues, and prep the team for season’s commencement...

Agents, get to your phones, will be a slew of offers right away! 

Note - if you’ve been stringing along free agents in hopes of scoring good deals, I’m here to ruin your month :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Contract dismissal - the Los Angeles Kings (whoa, that felt weird to type!) would like to release Ilya Kovalchuk from his contract effective immediately (signed in KHL)

cha-ching, time to go on a spending spree!!!  ($11.625 million to spend)

Edited by greensman