The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

On 1/8/2021 at 10:51 AM, falcon45ca said:

Las Vegas places Tyler Seguin on LTIR.

Las Vegas assigns Aidin Hill (G)  to the Steinbach Menno Knights, call up Ilya Sorokin (G)

When you want a player on the LTIR you need to pm c2x the request and provide a link or refer to a site re: tsn.ca, espn etc that shows the player with the designation your medical budget threshold meets.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Winnipeg Jets have signed forward Carson Focht to a three year deal.

wpg.png Carson Focht: 3 years, $ 2.4 million dollar contract ( $ 800,000.00 per season ).

Just to be clear, Focht is still 20 years old right now but since his bday is in Feb, that makes him eligible to be signed because he turns 21 before the draft, correct?

• Cheers 1

1125292361_TBLHEADER.thumb.jpg.c9317a953c75caf5e74b07ca3ab108c1.jpg

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

**For Immediate Release**

First off I'd like to thank the fans of the Tampa Bay Lightning for their continued support. I know there's a reason to be unsure when a new GM steps in, but I'd like to assure them that my focus, like theirs, is winning, and winning now.

One month ago I was lucky enough to be tasked with making the Tampa Bay Lightning; a team to be reckoned with for years to come. All the key pieces were in place to build around and push this team towards the ultimate goal - the CDCGML Cup.

Since scoring this most awesome job, I've rolled up my sleeves and got down to work trying to support the core and build some depth for a team which had a very poor bottom six, lacked depth in every aspect, and needed no less than 2 NHL calibre defenceman.

My first priority was defense. I'm a defense first kind of guy, and seeing a HOF goalie like Carey Price supported by only 4 defenseman(+Heinola and the retired Engelland) was identified as the most present and pressing issue. The middle/bottom six was another huge area of concern, as well as my farm team  (which had like 3 players on it) and my prospect pool was lacking. So just a couple things to work through.

Seeing the challenges ahead, I dived right in. I moved a 3rd round pick for Poolman and signed UFA Stralman to address the D,then traded Ryan Miller to recoup the 3rd I lost in the Poolman deal, after signing Quick as a back-up at 400K less than Miller's contract. 

Supporting the top six and providing depth to a team with very few prospects was next on the list. I signed UFA Brassard to a good contract, traded Veeti Mietinen for RFA Lazar and signed him to 3yr/2.5m (833k aav) then chased down some young, beautiful prospect UFA's in Eetu Luotsarinen, Otto Koivula, Rykov, Belerive and Rykov.

Camp has been great so far, we've got a few young guys really pushing for spots. Luotsarinen, Koivula and Dugan may all make their big clubs and really help relieve a lot of pressure to find replacements for guys that get banged up, and who knows, they may even force me to make room for them full time. Luotsarinen and Koivula are potential diamonds in the rough.

To recap 

In- Brassard, Poolman, Stralman, Quick, Lazar, Koivula, Luotsarinen, Rykov, Belerive, Maximov, VGK 2022 3rd

Out - 2021 TBL 3rd, Veeti Mietinen, Ryan Miller, (Retired:Engelland, Justin Williams)

Our forecast for opening night looks like this-

BUCHNEVICH - McDAVID - RUST

DANEAULT - MALKIN - KRECJI

LEHTKONEN - BRASSARD - GOODROW

BJORK - COUSINS - WALMARK

LAZAR - (? DUGAN / KOIVULA / LUOTSARINEN / UFA??)

JOSI - SLAVIN

STRALMAN - JONES

HEINOLA - POOLMAN

COLE

PRICE

QUICK

It's been an eventful month down here in Tampa Bay. I think we're in a very good spot to do some damage, maybe take it all!

Regard-gasm,

luckylager,

GM, Tampa Bay Lightning

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1