The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

12 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed free agent forward Derrick Brassard to a two year deal.

small.png Derrick Brassard - 2 year, $6 million dollar contract. ($3 million per season)

@luckylager How does it feel to make your first hockey move in CDCGML? And how do you see Brassard fitting in your lineup?

GIF by KARE 11

Edited by Crabby
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Great value for Ennis.

Nice signing.

I offered 2 years same AAV. Better opportunity in Boston tho it looks like! Good for him! No one seemed ever interested in his rights a while back. good signing sharpy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Crabby said:

@luckylager How does it feel to make your first hockey move in CDCGML? And how do you see Brassard fitting in your lineup?

GIF by KARE 11

Well we think Derick is a real character guy and exactly the type of player we were looking for to round out our middle six.

It's been an interesting day, I was a little late to the party with my offers... and I thought I made a real good offer on Radulov, but (coughcough) sorry (coughcoughcough)

Think I need some water

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Is it too early to put Klefbom on the LTIR? ;)

Hey man, I know I promised to give you Justin Williams, but he retired. He said "Boston sucks! &^@# those guys! And &^@# you luckylager. I'm outta here" then hung up his skates for good.

Sorry

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Is it too early to put Klefbom on the LTIR? ;)

Wasn't even aware that he might miss all of next season. You could go over the cap by 10% I believe during the offseason, so if you're sure he will hit LTIR, then you could plan going over the cap by that much.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Wasn't even aware that he might miss all of next season. You could go over the cap by 10% I believe during the offseason, so if you're sure he will hit LTIR, then you could plan going over the cap by that much.

Thass da plan muchacho 

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Thinking about offering Loui Eriksson a 1mil contract just so I can waive him.

Am I allowed to do that kind of stuff?

Will it affect future signings?

Probably still worth it tbh

Why not sign him to that incredible cap hit and shop him for a 1st?

$1M is like a 90% off sale

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have signed free agent forward Alexander Radulov to a two year deal.

small.png Alexander Radulov - 2 year, $14.4 million dollar contract. ($7.2 million per season)

A bit expensive?

We also lost some UFA negotiations. Bids have been heated. So we started getting more aggressive? 

Because it was UFA. Still, Alex is one of the games best, except in Nashville :lol:, locker room personalities. His enthusiasm for goals, to hang with some of our young Russian prospects also a factor. It will see them shooting bullets soon as well!

We have been working hard this off season.  We lost Oskar Klefbom, Ian Cole from our blue line to trade. Replaced them, via UFA, with #4 and1st overall overall picks Adam Larsen & Erik Johnson. Maybe lose a bit of fantasy value? Then lost Matt Niskannen, but have Alex Romanov to blood in our line up. Igor Shesterkin replaces Corey Crawford in goal. Which makes up for loss? Then added Ryan McDonagh in a swap. We don't see ourselves worse on the back at all 

On par with last year; a few hundred points from post season?

Now we also add Alex Radulov. And trade acquisitions Timo Meier, Sam Reinhart, 2knd round pick Grig Denisenko. A wave of depth prospects to unleash. More firepower! A deeper line up... 

It has been lots of work, some misses. A great result so far.

• Cheers 2