The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

2 minutes ago, Sludge said:

lol $2.25 next year will hurt you?

The cap might not, but the contract space and actually having him might. In reality, if a team wants to rid themselves of an underperformer, they usually have to pay to do so. So I get @Crabby's point of view in this case.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, theo5789 said:

The cap might not, but the contract space and actually having him might. In reality, if a team wants to rid themselves of an underperformer, they usually have to pay to do so. So I get @Crabby's point of view in this case.

then buy him out in the off season and pay $740,000 for one year?

3 minutes ago, Sludge said:

How about u claim him

trade him to me at 50% cap relief. Since 2.25M isnt much 1.1M is even less, and you get to boost me from 27th to 27th. Win, win. Lets do it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crabby said:

How about u claim him

trade him to me at 50% cap relief. Since 2.25M isnt much 1.1M is even less, and you get to boost me from 27th to 27th. Win, win. Lets do it?

I'm already eating 5 million for the betterment of my team

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sludge said:

Fair enough, but that's a 740k cap hit as minimal as it is to help another team drop 2.25 and a contract spot for a contract they signed. Seems beneficial to the team trying to unload him to take advantage of a team needing roster players. I don't know, I can see both sides to this. For one, I wouldn't have put myself in that position in the first place, on the other hand it's not fair that a team is forced to make a negative move for their team that has no benefit while "helping" another. If the ultimate goal is to "improve your team", making negative valued moves doesn't go in line with that.

Why is Montreal dropping Greiss in the first place? Is it to unload his contract because based on their lineup, I see a couple of backups left if they lose Greiss (unless they have a trade in the works)? Perhaps if Montreal bought him out and @Crabby signs him for 1 year, then it would make more sense for him to acquire him. If @Crabby is forced to pick him up, then it would be just as manipulative of a move to be able to waive the bad contracts in hopes that a team is forced to picked them up due to their roster.

Although if picking up Anderson fits the bill, then I don't see why he couldn't simply claim him as he's only signed for this year.

16 minutes ago, Crabby said:

How about u claim him

Issue #1 - Fox won't re-sign, being 'forced' to move my #1 Dman.

- First, he didn't say he "won't re-sign", he told you exactly why he was hesitant to consider an extension at the moment, and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the roster tear down and the fact that you don't have any goaltending behind him.  So this is a self inflicted wound.  It's also an easily fixable one, and now there is zero deterrent to you doing just that.  Nobody is forcing you to move him.  If you do, that's on you, and nobody else. 

Getting a backup goalie might actually help you with Fox. So whether or not you agree it has value to you next season I don't see the harm if adding nhl players gets your youngsters you have now signed. I completely get the frustration but we all need to accept that there was an issue in the league and the exec team has made a bold change to rectify it. Regardless of whether the lotto odds were changed according to CBA as c2x pointed out you were not fielding an NHL team. 

I know it sucks. but hey lets do what we can to resolve the issues we currently can. Maybe those lotto odds numbers will become weighted if its viewed as completely unfair. Regardless tho I don't see it changing so all we can do is make the best of or situations and learn to adapt.  Get a goalie either via waivers or trade so you can try and improve your relationship with your star young blueliner. It may require more than just a goalie but make that first step! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Rush17 said:

Getting a backup goalie might actually help you with Fox. So whether or not you agree it has value to you next season I don't see the harm if adding nhl players gets your youngsters you have now signed. I completely get the frustration but we all need to accept that there was an issue in the league and the exec team has made a bold change to rectify it. Regardless of whether the lotto odds were changed according to CBA as c2x pointed out you were not fielding an NHL team. 

I know it sucks. but hey lets do what we can to resolve the issues we currently can. Maybe those lotto odds numbers will become weighted if its viewed as completely unfair. Regardless tho I don't see it changing so all we can do is make the best of or situations and learn to adapt.  Get a goalie either via waivers or trade so you can try and improve your relationship with your star young blueliner. It may require more than just a goalie but make that first step! 

yea ill work on getting a goalie and see what happens. Just not allowing myself to be forced into dumb moves which I think Greiss 150% is. 1 year term I hop on that just to make everyone happy. I refuse to handicap my choices for the upcoming offseason though. Ill take some time in the next 48 hours to see what I can do

Just FYI I will trade Fox before overpaying for a goalie. So trying to force my hand wont work ::D

They dont call me Crabby for nothing :bigblush:

Crab Dancing GIF

Guys, leave the Greiss/Anderson thing alone. Either he can claim him, or he can choose not to. It’s his choice and nobody else’s. if he doesn’t want him, that’s up to him. Doesn’t bother me either way. I’d be just fine keeping Greiss, his contract is no issue at all. But as it turns out...  

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Why is Montreal dropping Greiss in the first place? Is it to unload his contract because based on their lineup, I see a couple of backups left if they lose Greiss (unless they have a trade in the works?

how do you put it...? 

remake bingo GIF

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, snowflake said:

Guys, leave the Greiss/Anderson thing alone. Either he can claim him, or he can choose not to. It’s his choice and nobody else’s. if he doesn’t want him, that’s up to him. Doesn’t bother me either way. I’d be just fine keeping Greiss, his contract is no issue at all. But as it turns out...  

how do you put it...? 

remake bingo GIF

thats my gif see GIF

2 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

its only ridiculous the one year, whatever year that happens to be, that the rule change is implemented. It is going to be the same 'bad' for whomever is here where we are now in whatever year it changes, so your only reason for not this year is that you personally are sitting here beside me and some others this year. next year it will be me and someone else...so that is fine by you? lol

EDIT: I really dont have a care about the change, as I said, I care about the people and the feelings. Hopefully we can all still get along and have fun which is my goal 100%. 

OH and for what it is worth, my suggestion about 5 months ago was to make the teams finishing in the last five spots locked into the worst 5 lotto odds by NHL rules and then the other ten teams finishing outside the playoffs get the seeding 31st thru 21st would normally get...that makes finishing last the worst possible thing in a given year. but the league went another direction on it, which is fine.

This, it is mind blowing how there is an uproar about not being rewarded for having a poorly performing club, mind blowing. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1