The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

Holy that took a moment to catch up on...

I know I haven’t been around as much this season but my activity will pick up. As a result of me not playing as close of attention to my team the current roster lacks depth and needs some cleaning up. I mentioned previously that multiple channels on Discord would help keep things organized and promote more trades so I look forward to the new setup. 

Also I believe Bryan Little is my last OG player from the first draft. Hope he makes a fully recover and finds his way back into the NHL.

Edited by winterhawks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, winterhawks said:

Holy that took a moment to catch up on...

I know I haven’t been around as much this season but my activity will pick up. As a result of me not playing as close of attention to my team the current roster lacks depth and needs some cleaning up. I mentioned previously that multiple channels on Discord would help keep things organized and promote more trades so I look forward to the new setup. 

Also I believe Bryan Little is my last OG player from the first draft. Hope he makes a fully recover and finds his way back into the NHL.

If you have any channel suggestions or discord ideas fire them our way once u hop in!

Edited by Rush17

1 minute ago, Crabby said:

Rumor/Trade Block thread

We have discussed that and are going to hold off for the time being on that. We like the way trades naturally occur without the TSN trade block blasting out rumours :D lets keep it OG with phone calls and PM's to GMs :D

It may get re-visited at a later date.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

Zary, Morrison, and Leschyshyn have been moved. Hearing Leafs are no longer looking to shed any minors cap at this time. They are however in the market for a few NHL bodies on ezpiring deals. Looking for non playoff team guys that wont cost any future assets. So if your looking to bolster up your roster and need some cap relief at no cost, dont hesitate to reach out!

Edited by Crabby
  • Cheers 1

On 3/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, theminister said:

I didn't want to chime in on the proposed draft changes convo until I had time to digest it. I wanted to make sure that as someone who was at, the time before my 66 points last night, 6th from the bottom that I wasn't speaking solely out of self interest.

A) I'm good with foundation of the changes

B ) I can empathize with the argument about the timing, though there are months left to re-adjust

C) I think that moves to eliminate tanking are welcomed, and a different mechanism than simply firing a GM is preferred all in all

D) I'd be potentially harmed by the changes but &^@# it I'll beat all you bastards anyway. 

E) What kind of dude $&!# posts in a league they rage quit years back?

F) The only major sticking point for me would be the transparency of the lottery randomization, and how that would be implemented. But that's easily accomplished with some forethought.

Want to comment on these:

A) Thank you

B ) I can empathize with the timing issue as well, but as you said, there's time to adjust.  I expected some people to be skeptical, certainly didn't expect the massive blowup though. Although part of that was likely the vagueness of how I had explained it.  It seems a minor adjustment to me, so I was surprised it was such an issue with people.  Now that everyone has a better grasp on how it would work, we are looking at options for feedback, including an anonymous feedback form on the league as a whole so we can get everyone on the same page and better address any concerns or issues people have.  It's never been that I don't want to listen. I was more taken aback by the anger of the reaction, but again, that's because some members understood it to be one thing when it wasn't.

C) I agree. Firing a GM is the last thing we want to do, but we want to enforce the rules without badgering teams. As aGENT said, it's supposed to be fun.  Trying to tweak the balance in the least invasive way possible to encourage teams to build and grow was the goal.  It has great potential to work.  It also has potential to not, as Romo accurately pointed out. But I believe it's worth trying and if necessary, can always be adjusted.  You know...  during the off-season.

D) I never even look at where your team is in the standings, but I'm always concerned about them.

E) No comment.

F) Agree on transparancy, and to that end:

On 3/3/2021 at 6:15 PM, snowflake said:

I don’t know if this is actually a thing or not yet but curt had told me when I asked that they were looking at streaming it live on discord group. Maybe curt can confirm?

This is something we are looking at.  Streaming it live so all can see the result in real time.  I am open to other suggestions, comments etc. if other people don't like that idea.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

orly?

the exe group has to decide. 

so , gentlemen? yay or nay 

If Crabby is back it would be seriously crabby to not let yourself and Surf back.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Updated Roster 

David Pastranak - Martin Necas - Connor Garland 

Nils Hoglander - Robert Thomas - Oliver Wahlstrom 

Zach Parise - Ryan Dzingel - Richard Panik

Tyler Pitlick - Travis Zajac - Troy Terry 

Derek Stephan - Nic Petan

Gabriel Carlsson - Robert Bortuzzo

Chad Ruhwedel - Connor Carrick 

Taylor Fedun - Max Crozier 

Jacob Moverare 

Brian Elliot 

Andrew Shortridge 

The top 6 gives us loads of hope for the future as all of those guys are long term pieces and Garland, Necas, Hoglander, Wahlstrom have all taken big strides this year and even though Thomas has had a rough go we still have full confidence in him. However our defence is very very ugly and we are actively looking for long term solutions and we are willing to part ways with future assets to secure a top 4 defender with term. Also open to doing a prospect swap F for D. All prospects are available, as long as the D prospect coming back is of equal value. 

The Wild don't have any huge deadline plans like the last few years, will probably just be selling rentals but no long term pieces. We will probably put out a list of available guys soon. 

Edited by Dak Prescott
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1