The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

24 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I am tempted to try to increase the number of self drafted roster players I have from two to about a third of the club, 7 or 8 guys, but that means less trades over time to basically hang onto my prospects longer. Arguably I should have done that earlier to be in a better spot today, but I consider my time in GML until around 2017 as 'the learning curve' haha, followed by three years of trying to get up near compete levels for the East, now that some windows seem to be closing though, I expect big things for the Blueshirts in the coming years. 

One year I drafted Alexander Wennberg, Andre Burakovsky, Shea Theodore, Matt Grezlyck, Theodors Blueger so yes you can definitely build a decent club through the draft if you don't trade them all away hahahaha.

I currently have the following breakdown on my roster:

Acquired Players: 73%...........notables Alexander Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Anthony Cirelli, John Carlson

Signed into League Players: 18%.............notables Torey Krug, Jan Rutta, Pavel Francouz

Own Drafted Players: 8%.................notables Andre Burakovsky, Theodors Blueger

I have found my time invested in looking to sign players in GML to be something along with acquiring talent via trade/free agency as a strong point for me or at the least an aspect of the game I enjoy putting time in to. 

58 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I have found my time invested in looking to sign players in GML to be something along with acquiring talent via trade/free agency as a strong point for me or at the least an aspect of the game I enjoy putting time in to. 

I feel as though a strength I have is my drafting, time available to sort through mounds of data i guess is the reason, but what I gain from the drafts, I can now see easily on my new layout keeper sheet is that I almost always trade them away too soon. Noticed this a few years ago, but seeing it in a chart now drives it home.

My goal is to try to have about 1/3rd of my active club home grown, if not more. 

• Cheers 2

Boston Bruins Lineup Update:

Brayden Schenn - Leon Draisaitl - Vladimir Tarasenko

Jaden Schwartz - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Tyler Ennis - Nino Niederreitter - Tobias Reider

Josh Leivo - Calle Jarnkrok - Trevor Lewis

Loui Eriksson - ???

Shea Weber - Kevin Shattenkirk

Markus Nutivaara - Rasmus Ristolainen

Michael Del Zotto - Niklas Hjalmarsson

Jordan Oesterle

Jordan Binnington

Curtis McElhinney

• Cheers 1

Jeff Carter available for trade. Top 6 FWD on a potential playoff team. Best offer gets him. Ideally seeking Late 2021 1st in return, but willing to accept less if nothing similar or better comes to the table

Willing to retain 50% cap next year if I can get a 1st

Edited by Crabby

1 hour ago, greensman said:

Just looking over my shoulder as I depart the Kings.

I signed and traded for 7 players at the last minutes before the puck drop, which accounts for just under 30% of the kings points (28.6%).

Had they just fumbled in the season, they’d have 938 points, and be 29th in the league. 

great few months, worked out for both parties... now I will draw designs to crush them next season!!! 

How does their ED list look? :ph34r::lol:

Edited by Crabby