Nick Holden (VGK)

Ty Webb

Managing General

Florida Panthers

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na

Edited by Ty Webb
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Tampa Bay Lightning have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To NYR:

small.png Nick Cousins

small.png Yegor Rykov

To TB:

small.png Austin Wagner

small.png Derrick Pouliot

small.png Jakob Stenqvist

small.png Venyamin Baranov

Want to thank PO for quick and easy discussion on this one. 

On face value this looks like a loss, but the reality is I probably wasn't going to re-sign Cousins next season and Wagner is a young, cost controlled forward that may or may not become an NHL regular.

Also needed some long shot D prospects. Stenqvist and Baranov aren't total write offs yet.

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

ANNOUNCEMENT: The league happily announces that @Canuck Surfer has been re-instated as the General Manager of the Edmonton Oilers!

Glad to have you back @Canuck Surfer! After your massive deal to acquire Crosby and Vanecek, I was hoping that you would see things through in your pursuit to the playoffs!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Florida Panthers have made a trade with the Nashville Predators.

To NSH:

small.png Josh Morrissey

To FLA:

small.png Martin Kaut

small.png NSH 2021 1st Round Draft Selection

small.png NSH 2021 2nd Round Draft Selection

The Florida Panthers realized it was time to retool and rebuild and it was not fair to our top end players on NHL playoff bound teams to miss a chance at winning a championship. We would like to thank Josh Morrissey for his great play and dedication to our organization and we wish him the best of luck in Nashville. In addition,  I would like to thank @Sergei Bobrovsky for his professionalism during our negotiation.

We are excited for what Martin can bring to the team in the near future and adding the draft picks will go a long way in rebuilding our prospect pool for the future.

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na 

Edited by Ty Webb
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Edmonton Oilers have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To EDM:

small.png Mike Smith

To FLA:

small.png Alexandar Georgiev

The Florida Panthers realized it was time to retool and rebuild and it was not fair to our top end players on NHL playoff bound teams to miss a chance at winning a championship. We would like to thank Mike Smith for his great play and dedication to our organization and we wish him the best of luck in Edmonton. In addition,  I would like to thank @Canuck Surferfor his professionalism during our negotiation.

We are excited for what Alexander Georgiev can bring to the team in the near future

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na 

Edited by Ty Webb
  • Cheers 1

TRADE: The Florida Panthers have made a trade with the New Jersey Devils.

To NJ:

small.png Sean Kuraly

To FLA:

small.png Dominik Simon

small.png DAL 2022 4th Round Draft Selection

The Florida Panthers realized it was time to retool and rebuild and it was not fair to our top end players on NHL playoff bound teams to miss a chance at winning a championship. We would like to thank Sean Kuraly for his great play and dedication to our organization and we wish him the best of luck in New Jersey. In addition,  I would like to thank @Mike Vanderhoek for his professionalism during our negotiation.

We are excited for what Dominik Simon can bring to the team in the near future and adding 4th Round pick will go a long way in rebuilding our prospect pool for the future.

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na 

Edited by Ty Webb
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Ty Webb said:

we wish him the best of luck in Philadelphia

23 minutes ago, Ty Webb said:

21 minutes ago, Ty Webb said:

I wish. And you need to fire your PR team.

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

To NYR:

small.png Adam Gaudette

To PHI:

small.png Adam Ruzicka

small.png Future Considerations

Tough decision on this one. Adam Gaudette seems to be a well rounded jack of all trades player that our club is short on with so many role players and big shoots involved. We figure the ability to move up and down the lineup as required is a feature of Adam Gaudette's that really appealed to me at this stage in our club's build. Very hard to move on from the other Adam in the deal. Adam Ruzicka should be a very decent GML player in a year or two as he cuts his teeth in the pros and puts the finishing touches on his game. We felt that our 'window' may be opening in the next season or two and putting some flourishes on the roster before year end this year was a very good idea. After that mental process, this deal was a GO. I recall maybe a week ago thinking "huh, a Mason Raymond flyby, but Gauds didn't fall down, that is a big deal right there, along with his very well rounded skillset. Happy to have him going forward.

6 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

WAIVERS: Braydon Coburn (NYR) has cleared waivers and been assigned to the minors. (Feb 28th)

I got lucky in that Coburn cleared waivers, as I had some interest in him almost as soon as he was waived. More at 11. haha

TRADE: The Tampa Bay Lightning have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To NYR:

small.png Nick Cousins

small.png Yegor Rykov

To TB:

small.png Austin Wagner

small.png Derrick Pouliot

small.png Jakob Stenqvist

small.png Venyamin Baranov

With the new paperwork processes introduced last week in the front offices at Madison Square Garden, we found some clarity in our depth chart and needed to make some instant corrections. I want to thank these good folks for being a part of our story, and for putting in the work. Austin Wagner has been a constant on our club for some time now and moving him was the cost of doing business. Welcome Nick Cousins to the active lineup and Yegor Rykov to the Lakers. Excited to add to the prospect pool, really happy to add to the Defense side of the Lakers squad. 

WAIVERS: The Florida Panthers have claimed Austin Czarnik from the New York Rangers via waivers. (March 1st)

Caught a little off guard with Austin being claimed. We felt we needed to move him down to the Lakers and he needed to pass waivers, with just 2 games this year, I honestly expected him to pass through. Good luck with Florida, and cheers to GM Ty Webb. A good little player you got there. 

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

INJURED RESERVE: The following players have been placed on injured reserve by their respective teams.

small.png Justin Bailey

I had been looking to see Justin's name in the IR mentions, but missed it. boo. Soon as I found out he has been on IR for some time, it was a no brainer to free up that roster slot while keeping Justin Bailey in our room. A great young talent we hope to see dazzle the staff in the back half of the year. 

A few more moves in the pipes, will all be addressed when they are announed, thank you @canuck2xtreme for doing the hard work on these moves today.

9 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I would do horrible things to hook up with her.  Seriously.... :lol:

Edit:  To be clear... Margot Robbie.  Not Ty.  No offense Ty. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I thought it was tank girl, God I am old.

Whoa! Lori Petty was tank girl almost 30 years ago, but here is where I am prescient as ever, Margot Robbie, I just found out, optioned for tNk girl with MGM. Bam. It will be Tank Girl, lol

1 minute ago, Primal Optimist said:

Whoa! Lori Petty was tank girl almost 30 years ago, but here is where I am prescient as ever, Margot Robbie, I just found out, optioned for tNk girl with MGM. Bam. It will be Tank Girl, lol

I don't know what tank girl is.  But, Margot Robbie.  So I'm in.