The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

19 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Im going to give something a try and see how things go with it. Im not sure how much work ill be putting on myself doing this, but it sounds like it could be fun.

I WILL BEA VOLUNTEERING TO BE A REPORTER :ph34r:

If anyone else would like to volunteer to help ease my workload I would greatly appreciate it! :lol:

If we can find 4 people (3 + me) we could do a division each.

Jamie Lee Curtis Help GIF by filmeditor

You DO NOT need to participate in the interview this is just for fun. I will be asking questions as things happen around the league via PM and posting the results in the thread. Remember its a for fun so non political correct answers will not result in consequences. As a reporter I will most likely ask the dumb questions, so feel free to give dumb answers :lol:

If anyone is interested in being interviewed please send me a list of some or all of your offseason moves and I will ask a series of questions based around that. This will save me a lot of time going back to see all the moves made lol

Again you DO NOT have to participate if you dont want to. This is strictly for fun to try and add a bit of entertainment to the league during these slow times.

I'll be a reporter for your 1st round pick

• Haha 1

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS PRESS CONFERENCE 

1200px-Columbus_Blue_Jackets_logo_svg.thumb.png.85186a6bd23699d7dd9b4e1aa9c6e577.png

REPORTER

You made a big move before the draft by giving the 3rd OA pick, and promising young forward Jake Virtanen to Toronto in exchange for Chabot, Bailey, and Reaves. How much of a factor did the early playoff exit have on this decision?

GIF by KARE 11

@Rush17
• We realized to beat the best in the league we had to be willing to make bold moves. We were looking at our options at third overall and were not overly optimistic we would have gotten Stutzle who we had ranked 2nd overall at 3. We had Raymond at 3 but we knew the concensus had Byfield a top 3 talent. We managed to add a very talented young defender who we feel can be a legit #1 defender in the future. Losing to Mike was a wake up call although it wasn't an easy decision we offer we received from Toronto was to good to turn down.

• we basically didn't want to lose the value of a preceived top 3 pick some ppl had ranked 2nd oa

• we would have taken byfield at 3 if we didn't recieve the offer we did even tho we had considered taking Raymond, Askrov, or even Drysdale at 3.

we lost by 5 pts to Mike when his top players had a really bad playoffs. we knew we had to take bold action to give us the best odds at success. unfortunately free agency hasn't gone our way this year but we remain hopeful we can reach the playoffs and see what the guys can do there.

REPORTER
With no picks in this upcoming draft its no secret you plan to contend this year. Where do you see your club as it stands compared to the best teams in the league?

GIF by KARE 11

@Rush17
Currently, as we are currently constructed. I personally feel we will have a difficult time making the playoff bar if we see divisional re-allignments.  From the proposed divisional splits I have seen online our division would be quite challenging to compete in. We did well in the playoffs based off of the volume of players we had on quality playoff teams.. I'm not so sure we will be as strong as we were last season. We will need a big push from our youth if we wish to be compete in the 2021 season. New roster additions of Kirill Kaprizov and Dylan Cozens could be the differences we need to earn a playoff spot. We will be exploring our options to recoup some picks but making ourselves a viable competitor is our first priority.

REPORTER
Fans seemed to be very happy about your 1st round selection of Kaiden Guhle. Was he your target? And how do you see him fitting with the club long term?

GIF by KARE 11

@Rush17
I am happy the fans share that excitement. Kaiden is a world class player with excellent leadership and physical gifts. We were estatic to select Guhle 15th OA. We had our eye on a few other targets but Guhle was our primary target heading into the draft for that position. We see Kaiden Guhle as a future top 4 defender in the national hockey league. We have a pretty deep d core now but with the expansion draft looming we are hopeful he can step in and contribute for us in the 2021-22 season in a year's time.

We like the program he is with in Montreal and are optomistic he will get plenty of ice time and playoff opportunity there in the interim.

REPORTER
Will you be looking to explore anymore trades before the season starts? And do you have any UFAs you are hoping to acquire?

GIF by KARE 11

@Rush17
Yes, we are actively in trade talks in half a dozen teams. We are waiting to see if we can fill out our roster in free agency before spending draft capital to fill holes. The goal would be to use our 2021 picks to add playoff additions. We are actively in talks with two of our former players and remain hopeful they will want to return for another strong play run. We have a deep team but we need that seasoned experience in our bottom six. We hope to find that in the coming weeks.

REPORTER
And before we let you go Rush17. Im sure you are aware of the recent internet challenge that has young teens putting their mouth around the entire spout when they drink from water fountains. This was started because earlier this month, a friend of yours posted a video of you doing it, and it went viral. Care to explain why you are doing this during a pandemic, and what is your message to all the teens doing this challenge?

GIF by KARE 11

@Rush17

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Edited by Crabby
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

COLORADO AVALANCHE PRESS CONFERENCE

1200px-Colorado_Avalanche_logo_svg.thumb.png.98777de0e810ab7d78b6627c6d1c3b84.png

REPORTER

You recently made a very big move acquiring Kyle Connor. How excited are you to have him, and was it hard to give up so much to acquire him?

GIF by KARE 11

@aGENT

• Oh we certainly wrestled with the cost. There was a LOT of heated discussion at the table.

• But at the end of the day, while we may have 'lost' the value portion of the trade, we massively improved our team.

• We couldn't be more excited to bring such a young, talented player onboard with the rest of our young core.

• Hoping he and they are all here for many years.

• The amateur scouts HATED it though lol

• I informed them they've done such a good job, we still have plenty of prospect depth.

REPORTER

How disappointing was it to lose the play in round last year? And do you think you can compete for the Stanley Cup this year?

GIF by KARE 11

@aGENT

• We were floored. HIGHLY disappointing. Definitely shaped some of the moves we made this offseason. I'm not messing around!

• That performance simply wasn't good enough. So we made changes.

• And yes I think we're getting to a point where we should be in the cup mix, but that doesn't mean we don't have a few more things were looking at to push even more.

REPORTER

Are you planning on making anymore moves before the season begins? And do you have any dicussions going on with any free agents?

GIF by KARE 11

@aGENT

We've got a few irons in the fire for both. If we can improve, we will. If we can't, we're pretty comfortable that we've made some solid moves to compete.

REPORTER

In your time as GM of the Avalanche you have proven to be quite the competitor in trade talks. Do you have a trade of the past that you often think back on? Maybe a trade that has helped shape the foundation of your current team?

GIF by KARE 11

@aGENT

• We try to make fair trades that work for both teams. Tough to nail down one... You could argue this Connor trade could do it. Time will tell.

• Barzal was a great add as was Parayko, McAvoy... Trading Hughes for Provorov, Saad etc was tough but Saad led to Huberdeau as well. It might be that one. They're all about incrementally getting better at any opportunity though.

REPORTER

Im sure you are aware of the amazing season Quinn Hughes has had this season. Provorov is a fine young defenceman himself, but are you regretting that move at all? If you could take it back, would you?

GIF by KARE 11

@aGENT

It's hard moving a player like Quinn. He's one of a kind. But Provorov is one hell of a defenseman in his own right. They're both young, top 20 D in this league. And with the other pieces we also ended up with Huberdeau. Would I trade Huberdeau and Provorov for Hughes? No.

REPORTER

What set of items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?

GIF by KARE 11

@aGENT

Mayonnaise, a cucumber and chop sticks

REPORTER

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3