The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

48 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To TOR:

spacer.png Adam Gaudette

To NYR:

spacer.png Riley Sheahan
spacer.png ARI 2021 2nd Round Draft Selection

Adam Fox

Adam Boqvist

Adam Gaudette

Adam Beckman

Welcome to the Adams family!

Shoutout to @Rush17:lol:

Would like to thank @Primal Optimist for the trade talks that lead to this deal. We see Adam has had a bit on a downswing and there may be some risk involved in this deal, but we feel the upside is there, and this move fits our MO. Briing in further developed prospects to help kickstart this rebuild.

There is NO question I have been all about the future of this team since day 1. I took this team over and had an aging core and imo we were nothing but a bubble team. Yeah, we have had a down year, but this downswing will not last long. We feel we have A LOT of youth on the cusp of a breakout, and with about 20 picks in the next 2 drafts, we feel we can sustain long term success here in Toronto

Also would like to shoutout @Ty Webb for the negotiations that helped get us a true starting goaltender. We think Griess will provide us stability on the backend until Ingram or Askarov takes over the starting role in Nashville!

Edited by Crabby
  • Haha 4

Phones have kind of died down and we are in the mareket picks. Best offer made come TDL gets said players...

(PIT) Carter (willing to retain next year if right deal presents itself)

(EDM) Russel

(WSH) TVR

(CHI) De Haan

(MIN) Hunt

Best offer gets each player. Will be seeking younger NHLers or picks/prospects

TRADE: The Winnipeg Jets have made a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

To WPG:

spacer.png Brandon Tanev ($1.5 million salary retained by TOR for 2021-22 season)

To TOR:

spacer.png WPG 2021 4th Round Draft Selection

spacer.png LA 2022 3rd Round Draft Selection

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Colton Parayko has been traded out of CBJ. That is the 2nd high quality playoff piece the Jackets have moved prior to this TDL. The team will likely keep its remaining playoff pieces unless a deal really knocks our socks off. The Jackets plan to remain active in trade talks but we feel comfortable where we are at now for expansion. CBJ would like to add a forward or two if the deal makes sense. Possibly one defender - depending largely on cost.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 2

Updated Lineup

Palat - Aho - Teravainen

Saad - Staal - Hornqvist

Mikheyev - Pageau - Fast

Compher - Bellemare - Martinook

Paquette - Donskoi (Covid)

Hedman - Rielly

Cernak - Pesce

Forbort - Jensen

Holden

Nedeljkovic

Bernier

IR: Grubauer, Fabbro, Nash

42 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

A few teams have called on Mathieu Perrault.

He is now on the Block out of St.Louis 

Fun fact - Matthieu Perreault was one of those random “take a chance” long-shot free agents that I decided was worth a long shot UFA deal. Was a great player for me for years, got a great return for him, and he has gone on to have a very good career. 

Struggling teams - This is why we have minors systems, to allow teams to branch out and find talent.

Notice to teams waiting on replies to contract PMs:

I am caught up with updates and I am starting to sift through them all.  They are NOT high priority and there is already a ton of them, so expect responses to be relatively brief.  This isn't to be a pain or not negotiate etc., I'm just trying to get through them :lol:

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

To PHI:

spacer.png Victor Rask
spacer.png Dominik Bokk

To NYR:

spacer.png Alex Iafallo

spacer.png Leon Gawanke

This may be one of the nicest balances I have been part of. Tough to say goodbye to Victor Rask from the room, and certainly hard to move out Bokk from our prospect pool, as I do believe in his game being great for the NHL and that means points in the GML down the road, but we got better right away and for next year, which is the key. Alex Iafallo is a guy we ''would love to have", and now we do. Added bonus in help building our blue line depth. Leon Gawanke will surprise down the road for sure. THank you to Theo for good and productive talks. Always a Pleasure doing business with you. 

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To TOR:

spacer.png Adam Gaudette

To NYR:

spacer.png Riley Sheahan
spacer.png ARI 2021 2nd Round Draft Selection

This one was a business doing pleasure, :emot-parrot:. We hope Adam Gaudette flourishes in The Big Smoke, but we are happy to get his value back in a 2nd round pick and a hearty welcome to Riley Sheahan who has already joined our bubble and is ready to go. 

These first two deals set us up with a little more capspace for the final 4 or 5 days of the deadline as we seek to improve on our "14th most points in the month of April thus far" and continue to get better for next year. Still some assets on the market who are playoff bound or likely to be playoff bound.

Matt Benning

Nick Cousins

Dryden Hunt

Marco Scandella (*willing to retain)

Nikita Zadorov (*willing to listen to good offers)

Shayne Gostisbehere

Kyle Okposo (willing to retain)

Adam Erne (interest is picking up: make my club better and he is yours)

Cody Eakin

Scott Harrington

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1