The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The San Jose Sharks have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To CBJ:

spacer.png Jesperi Kotkaniemi
spacer.png Sean Kuraly

To SJ:

spacer.png Barrett Hayton
spacer.png Jakub Silfverberg
spacer.png Ryan Johnson
spacer.png Conditional 3rd Round Draft Selection

Signs point to a recovering, bigger Jesperi Kotkaniemi | TradeRumours.com

Columbus is proud to welcome Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Pavel Buchnevich the Blue Jackets organization. The conversation to acquire Jesperi spanned about close to a week. We engaged @ThatMike regarding his availability around Colton Parayko. Unfortunately the talks kinda stalled there -we later picked them back up after we had acquired Barrett Hayton and Filip Hallander. Initially the discussion looked a bit different but over time we can to conclusion that we could get the deal done that suited both sides. After some late discussions last night we agreed on a cascading conditional pick situation that was able to help us close out the deal. We would like to thank @ThatMike we know trading a young quality player like Jesperi isn't easy. We are thrilled to bring him into the fold and are ecstatic to see him on the ice in our famous CBJ Ohio colours. 

Sharks GM Comments on Jesperi move:

6 hours ago, ThatMike said:

As GM Rush can speak to, I was very hesitant to let Jesperi go... but he made an offer that was hard to resist.

Two outstanding young prospects join our core, as well as a proven talent in Silfverberg.

We are excited to see what the future holds in San Jose.

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

To TB:

spacer.png Yanni Gourde

spacer.png Sean Kuraly

To CBJ:

spacer.png Pavel Buchnevich

spacer.png Austin Wagner

The conversation that lead to CBJ acquiring Pavel Buchnevich happened much quicker but it was certainly a challenging one to have. We made an effort to go out and acquire Yanni Gourde 2 off-season a go just before he hit his UFA window. Yanni decided to test the open market and eventually settled with the Jackets organization on a 7 year extension. We committed that day to making Yanni part of our family and fabric of our franchise and until today he has been just that. It is a difficult day to see Yanni go but we are also encouraged by the talented young forward we got in return. Pavel is a tremendous player and fits better long term with our core age wise. We appreciate @luckylager really pushing the issue to try and get us to consider Gourde. It definitely wasn't an easy decision but based on how our team performed this year - it might just be the shake up we need in the locker room. Gourde has been a consummate professional and we wish him well in his home state of Florida. We will you well and wish you luck on your pursuit for a GML Cup!

TRADE: The Arizona Coyotes have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To ARI:

spacer.png Leo Komarov

spacer.png Jon Merrill

To CBJ:

spacer.png Anton Johannesson

This was our minor deal we made today. We reached out to ARI a while back to see their interest in adding some playoff pieces. There was some mutual interest and they were willing to offer up a recently draft prospect from the 2020 class whom we feel has some potential upside in Anton Johannesson. He is a bit on the smaller side but has good skating and is quite dynamic. We look forward to seeing how his next few seasons go and hope to one day see him join the Jackets family!

Thanks to all the GM's who reached out to us during the trade deadline. I think we had over half the league contact us in one form or another. It was a real pleasure to catch up with some of you who I haven't chatted with in sometime. Thank you to @canuck2xtreme for his tireless work. I feel bad he was so busy he barely had time to talk trades on his own front. Thanks also to Mike for posting some signings today! very fun. And we would like to welcome back Anton Blidh! We really loved having this kid in our farm system last year. He managed to play some nhl games and because of that success when we went to add Ryan Mcdonagh last year Blidth was a desired asset that helped us seal the acquisition of Mcdonagh. Unfortunately his time elsewhere didn't work out and we were happy to bring him back into the fold here in CBJ!

Thanks again to everyone. I had a blast! I look forward to a fun Seattle expansion and 2021 Entry Draft! Cheers all.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
1 hour ago, ThatMike said:

Based on the conditions of the pick in our trade...

Im a huge CBJ fan!hockey dancing GIF by Columbus Blue Jackets

Special shoutout to our #1 fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :lol::towel:

Edited by Rush17
  • Hydration 1
2 hours ago, luckylager said:

I concur with the concurring.

Very fun day. After completely botching a few waiver moves I decided to sell all my prospects and take a run.

Thanks for the good times peeps.

image.gif.29f8e81659861fdd069f1ec7def4b4b7.gif

• Hydration 1

image.jpeg.d03aede55b50ad95f2439a9c7b5f36ce.jpeg  

NEW JERSEY DEVILS TRADE DEADLINE

The Devils produced fewer trades by Deadline day this year versus previous years, but not for a lack of trying to improve the club where we could.

Excited to bring in the following players:

Patrice Bergeron 

Charlie Coyle

Marcus Petterson 

Ryan Graves

Devan Dubnyk 

Craig Anderson

while leaving the club are:

Anze Kopitar

Jason Dickinson

Jared Spurgeon

Dylan Coghlan

Ville Husso

Artyom Zagidulin 

The Devils would like to acknowledge Anze Kopitar leaving as Captain whom lead our club to Championships as well as Individual accolades.

Monumental is the re-signing of our Superstar winger Alexander Ovechkin to a five year extension where we are excited to see him push for that elusive all-time goals lead!

• Hydration 3
  • Sedinery 1
11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Buffalo Sabres have made a trade with the Washington Capitals.

To BUF:

spacer.png Matt Murray

To WSH:

spacer.png BUF 2022 3rd Round Draft Selection

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Washington Capitals have made a trade with the Buffalo Sabres.

To WSH:

spacer.png Matt Dumba
spacer.png Joe Thornton

To BUF:

spacer.png Filip Hronek
spacer.png Blake Comeau

Thank you Curt and the rest of the league for making another trade deadline possible.

Also thank you to Lethunder for coming to these deals today.

Matt Murray was found and developed by Washington and has been a major piece for us for a number of years now. We are very happy that we were able to find him such a great situation with a champion GM in Buffalo. Murray being from Thunder Bay will have the opportunity to play near his family and we wish him all the best.

This second deal was a very tough one to pull the trigger on. Filip Hronek is a player we traded into the 2nd round as a target and we managed to snag him. He has quickly become one of my favourite players and I fully intended on developing him and retaining him as a Capital for as long as I possibly could. However, we've been close but not good enough too many times that we made the decision to move what we see as a top tier young dman for a more developed player in Dumba who can help us immediately and will also play a major role for us as a top 4 defenseman moving forward.

Last but not least, we added a future hall of famer in Joe Thornton who can hopefully help bring us the leadership, versatility and experience needed in the playoffs. We know that there is no one in the league that wants a cup more than him at this point and we are hoping he brings a sense of urgency to the locker room that is needed for a deep run in the playoffs.

Post deadline lineup:

Kuznetsov - Scheifele - Laine

Killorn - Kadri - Nylander

Copp - Wennberg - Simmonds

Thornton - Dowd - Kassian(inj)

Verhaeghe(inj)

Toews - Klingberg

Dumba - Ellis

Yandle - Grzelcyk

Dermott - Gudas

Smith

Koskinen

Matt Calvert (IR)

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Sedinery 1

1125292361_TBLHEADER.thumb.jpg.c9317a953c75caf5e74b07ca3ab108c1.jpg

It's been an interesting first season in TBL. I made moves and built around a strong existing core before the season, tried to compliment the inherited core and remain competitive in an extremely difficult division; and it's been working.

Now I'm not perfect and have done some stupid $&!#, it happens, but (as my grandpa always used to say) from $&!# grows roses.

Now keeping that in mind I decided to do exactly what I said I wouldn't- trade the only two good prospects I had.... but theres other stuff too.

Basically, given the roster construction, cap, expansion and expiring UFA's I was like "&^@# it. Yolo"

So yes, TBL is a much stronger team than they were this morning, but there will be a price to pay for that.

And deep with playoff guys, unless MTL truly can't get their $&!# together. If they can, I think TBL can compete with CHI in R1.

A big thanks to all the GM's that give me the time of day on a regular basis, you know who you are. The rest of you are pretty alright too.

In -

Romanov

Gourde

Perreault 

Kuraly

Out -

Buchnevich

Heinola

Dugan

Mete

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Assignment:

Chicago assigns F Brandon Hagel to Langley

Recall:

Chicago recalls F Michael Bunting to the Blackhawks

Edited by Sludge
13 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The New Jersey Devils have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To NJ:

spacer.png Charlie Coyle

spacer.png Marcus Pettersson

To FLA:

spacer.png Jason Dickinson

spacer.png Dylan Coghlan
spacer.png Artyom Zagidulan
spacer.png Blake Murray

9 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Carolina Hurricanes have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To CAR:

spacer.png Jack Eichel

To FLA:

spacer.png Sean Monahan
spacer.png Clayton Keller
spacer.png Brendan Guhle

The Florida Panthers were not expecting to make any trades at the deadline, however opportunities presented themselves that provided a more well rounded roster configuration with cap flexibility. We want to thank Jack Eichel, Charlie Coyle and Marcus Pettersson for their dedication and the professionalism from both @Mike Vanderhoek and @Tony Romo in trade discussions.

We welcome Sean Monahan, Clayton Keller, Brendan Guhle, Jason Dickinson, Dylan Coghlan, Artyom Zagidulan, and Blake Murray to the organization and it is an exciting time to be a Panther moving forward.

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

• Like 3
19 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

EXTENSION: The Florida Panthers have signed forward Drake Caggiula to a two year contract extension.

spacer.png  Drake Caggiula - 2 year, $2.5 million dollar contract. ($1.25 million per season)

The Florida Panthers are pleased to announce the signing of Drake Caggiula and he will bring grit and stability to our bottom two lines.

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers 

11 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed goaltender Filip Lindberg to a three year deal.

fla.png Filip Lindberg: 3 years, $ 3.0 million dollar contract ( $ 1,000,000.00 per season ).

The Florida Panthers are pleased to announce the signing of Filip Lindberg and he brings talent and youth to our goaltending depth and one day make his mark in the future.

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs start date to be determined by NHL

POST DEADLINE GML STANDINGS

NORTH POINTS   WEST POINTS   CENTRAL POINTS   EAST POINTS  

spacer.png WPG

3208   spacer.png ARI 3430   spacer.png DET 3233   spacer.png PHI 3383 1
2 spacer.png VAN 2768  

spacer.png COL

spacer.png NSH

2999   spacer.png WSH 3368 2

spacer.png OTT

2676   spacer.png LA 2648   spacer.png CHI 2920   spacer.png NJ 3123 3
4 spacer.png CGY 2527   spacer.png SJ 2385  

spacer.png TBL

2889   spacer.png BUF 2917 4
  POSTSEASON BAR   POSTSEASON BAR   POSTSEASON BAR   POSTSEASON BAR  
5 spacer.png MTL 2441

spacer.png STL

2297   spacer.png CBJ 2842   spacer.png NYI 2903 5
6 spacer.png EDM 2352  

spacer.png ANA

2023   spacer.png CAR 2369   spacer.png BOS 2524 6

spacer.png TOR

1884   spacer.png MIN 1651   spacer.png DAL 2273   spacer.png NYR 2297 7

spacer.png VGK

1474   spacer.png FLA 1944   spacer.png PIT 2206 8

The gaps between playoff team and bubble team in the North and West closed this week. We saw CGY and SJ's lead nearly cut in half.. TBL has created some separation from CBJ by doubling its lead. Buffalo has booted the Islanders out of a playoff spot. Lots of moving parts and lots of bodies moved this TDL! Lets see where things end up when the dust finally settles. Time to go chase a cup ladies and gents!

Standing movement:

NSH passed CHI for 2nd in the Central.

BUF passed NYI for 4th in the East.

Playoff race points gap:

North: 86 PT gap between CGY/MTL

West: 88 PT gap between SJ/STL

Central: 46 PT gap between TBL/CBJ

East: 14 PT gap between BUF/NYI

Think that's accurate. If you see an error, let me know. cheers :D.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 2

We'd officially like to welcome Soderberg, Savard and Mcnabb to the Avs! We hope you can help us make a strong push to the cup this year!

Thanks to all the GM's we made deals and had discussions with. It was a blast as always!

With that, our final, post deadline roster:

ROSTER2-01.thumb.jpg.9fc0bc17c7c85e1883d39ed9ce9ed8e8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1

Current Draft Position Pre-Lottery:

2021 NHL Draft Introductions Part 5: Jesper Wallstedt and Kent Johnson

Sorry have no 2021 images available atm.

So based on what I remember I believe we are going ahead with the equal lottery odds for all teams not in the playoffs this season as voted on by the GM's. If I am incorrect please notify me via pm. Teams with #'s next to their names are in current playoff positions. Teams with *'s are very close to a playoff spot. The draft lottery will be announced and sorted at a later date. But... for now here are the current positioning based on pickup. Some teams ahead of others will be removed from this order as 2 teams on this list are in current playoff spots. 2 others are in close pursuit! Excited for the 2021 entry draft! If you come across any 2021 nhl draft graphics please fire them my way! cheers all.

Reverse standings order

31st)  spacer.png  Vegas Golden Knights (6.25%)

30th)  spacer.png  Minnesota Wild  (6.25%)

29th)  spacer.png  Toronto Maple Leafs  (6.25%)

28th)  spacer.png  Florida Panthers  (6.25%)                 ( spacer.png PIT's Pick)

27th)  spacer.png  Anaheim Ducks  (6.25%)                  ( spacer.png STL's Pick)

26th)  spacer.png  Pittsburgh Penguins  (6.25%)

25th)  spacer.png  Dallas Stars  (6.25%)

24th)  spacer.png  New York Rangers  (6.25%)

23rd)  spacer.png  St Louis Blues  (6.25%) *                  ( spacer.png EDM's Pick)

22nd)  spacer.png  Edmonton Oilers  (6.25%)                ( spacer.png BOS' Pick)

21st)  spacer.png  Carolina Hurricanes  (6.25%)

20th)  spacer.png  San Jose Sharks  (6.25%) #               (FC on Pick)

19th)  spacer.png  Montreal Canadiens  (6.25%) *

18th)  spacer.png  Calgary Flames  (6.25%) #                 ( spacer.png BOS' Pick)

17th)  spacer.png  Boston Bruins  (6.25%)                       (spacer.png BUF's Pick)

16th)  spacer.png  Columbus Blue Jackets  (6.25%) !      ( spacer.png CGY's Pick)

Based on points as of 04/24/2021

CBJ is technically ranked 13th in GML - but is outside the playoff picture. The 16th placed team is LA who is securely in the 3rd spot in the West.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Playoff Matchups Based On Today's Projections!

NORTH SERIES 1   CENTRAL SERIES 1
spacer.png  WPG   spacer.png  CGY   spacer.png  DET   spacer.png  TBL
0 1 VS 4 0   0 1 VS 4 0

NORTH SERIES 2   CENTRAL SERIES 2
spacer.png  VAN   spacer.png  OTT   spacer.png  NSH   spacer.png  CHI
0 2 VS 3 0   0 2 VS 3 0

WEST SERIES 1   EAST SERIES 1
spacer.png  ARI   spacer.png  SJ   spacer.png  PHI   spacer.png  BUF
0 1 VS 4 0   0 1 VS 4 0

WEST SERIES 2   EAST SERIES 2
spacer.png  COL   spacer.png  LAK   spacer.png  WSH   spacer.png  NJ
0 2 VS 3 0   0 2 VS 3 0

I'm not sure if my nightmode theme is messing up this at all. Let me know if you can't read parts lol

Edited by Rush17
  • Hydration 1

CDCGML – Florida Panthers 2021 Lineup – April 24, 2021

LW                               C                                  RW

Matthew Tkachuk        Sean Monahan            Clayton Keller

Conor Zary                   Dylan Strome               Ryan Strome

Lukas Wallmark           Jason Dickinson          Dominik Kahun       

Drake Caggiula            Curtis Lazar                 Dominik Simon                         

Joakim Nordstrom

LD                                         RD

Dylan Coghlan                      Jacob Trouba

Robert Hagg                         Caleb Jones

Kurtis MacDermid                 Jakob Zboril

Dakota Mermis                     Josh Brown        

G

John Gibson

Alexander Georgiev

Edited by Ty Webb
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Playoff Matchups Based On Today's Projections!

NORTH SERIES 1   CENTRAL SERIES 1
spacer.png  WPG   spacer.png  CGY   spacer.png  DET   spacer.png  TBL
0 1 VS 4 0   0 1 VS 4 0

NORTH SERIES 2   CENTRAL SERIES 2
spacer.png  VAN   spacer.png  OTT   spacer.png  NSH   spacer.png  CHI
0 2 VS 3 0   0 2 VS 3 0

WEST SERIES 1   EAST SERIES 1
spacer.png  ARI   spacer.png  SJ   spacer.png  PHI   spacer.png  BUF
0 1 VS 4 0   0 1 VS 4 0

WEST SERIES 2   EAST SERIES 2
spacer.png  COL   spacer.png  LAK   spacer.png  WSH   spacer.png  NJ
0 2 VS 3 0   0 2 VS 3 0

I'm not sure if my nightmode theme is messing up this at all. Let me know if you can't read parts lol

I can read it, I just don't like it haha.....

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I can read it, I just don't like it haha.....

Mr President's Trophy is slipping. What's going on Mike! 

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs start date to be determined by NHL

POST DEADLINE GML STANDINGS

NORTH POINTS   WEST POINTS   CENTRAL POINTS   EAST POINTS  

spacer.png WPG

3208   spacer.png ARI 3430   spacer.png DET 3233   spacer.png PHI 3383 1
2 spacer.png VAN 2768  

spacer.png COL

spacer.png NSH

2999   spacer.png WSH 3368 2

spacer.png OTT

2676   spacer.png LA 2648   spacer.png CHI 2920   spacer.png NJ 3123 3