The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Posted (edited)

ANNOUNCEMENT!

re: Playoff Rosters

- The league is requesting that the top FIVE teams in each division submit their playoff roster upon completion of the regular season, as quickly as possible.  Rosters MUST be submitted before the playoffs begin.  Any roster that is submitted after a player on the roster has begun play will result in said player being left off the teams roster for that playoff round.  If a team who has qualified for the playoffs fails to submit a roster for the first two days of the post season, they will forfeit their position and the next team in line to qualify would make the playoffs.

With the shifting playoff landscape that will see some teams playing regular season games while others have begun the playoffs, this will allow us to ensure that teams will get points for all their players during the regular season.  It will also ensure that in the case of a last minute change in the standings due to points collected from those regular season games, the correct teams will be slotted into the playoffs.

re: Awards
- The time has come to PM your votes for our annual awards to me for vote tabulation.  As per the results of our poll, awards this year will have NO point value.  Teams can vote for the following awards.  Votes can be submitted until May 15th at 11:00pm Pacific Time.

Hart Trophy - League MVP

Vezina Trophy - Top Goaltender

Lady Byng Trophy - Gentlemanly Play

Calder Trophy - Rookie of the Year

Norris Trophy - Top Defenceman

Selke Trophy - Best Defensive Forward

Darren Wilby Memorial Trophy - GM of the Year

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ELC SIGNING: The St. Louis Blues have signed Moritz Seider to a three year entry level contract.

spacer.pngMoritz Seider - 3 year, $2.85 million dollar contract w/ bonusus totaling $2.35 million per season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

- The time has come to PM your votes for our annual awards to me for vote tabulation.  As per the results of our poll, awards this year will have NO point value.  Teams can vote for the following awards.  Votes can be submitted until May 15th at 11:00pm Pacific Time.

Hart Trophy - League MVP

And just to clarify, you cannot nominate your own players, correct?

The Detroit Red Wings are pleased to announce their roster for the first round of the GML Stanley Cup Playoffs. We will miss the services of Brock Boeser, Max Comtois, Patrick Marleau, Quinn Hughes, Nate Schmidt and Troy Stecher but remain confident that the team can go one step further than last season's Stanley Cup Final loss:

DETROIT RED WINGS

PLAYOFF ROSTER (22-MAN)

Brock Nelson - Steven Stamkos - Chandler Stephenson

Anthony Beauvillier - William Karlsson - Tyler Johnson

William Carrier - Adam Lowry - Blake Coleman

Greg McKegg - Matthias Janmark - Jake Evans

David Gustafsson - Joe Gambardella

Darnell Nurse - Ryan McDonagh

Brenden Dillon - Brett Kulak

David Farrance - Cale Fleury

Tristan Jarry - David Rittich

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
6 hours ago, Azzy said:

And just to clarify, you cannot nominate your own players, correct?

No points, so quite honestly, doesn't matter  :lol: Go for it.

Quinn Hughes for Hart!

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

SIGNING: The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed defenceman Nikolai Knyzhov to a two year deal.

spacer.png Nikolai Knyzhov - 2 year, $3 million dollar contract. ($1.5 million per season)

(from two weeks ago in my inbox, sorry :lol: )

Edited by canuck2xtreme
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

ANNOUNCEMENT!

re: Playoff Rosters

- The league is requesting that the top FIVE teams in each division submit their playoff roster upon completion of the regular season, as quickly as possible.  Rosters MUST be submitted before the playoffs begin.  Any roster that is submitted after a player on the roster has begun play will result in said player being left off the teams roster for that playoff round.  If a team who has qualified for the playoffs fails to submit a roster for the first two days of the post season, they will forfeit their position and the next team in line to qualify would make the playoffs.

With the shifting playoff landscape that will see some teams playing regular season games while others have begun the playoffs, this will allow us to ensure that teams will get points for all their players during the regular season.  It will also ensure that in the case of a last minute change in the standings due to points collected from those regular season games, the correct teams will be slotted into the playoffs.

Hart Trophy - League MVP

my votes are in and I think my pick for the D.W. Memorial Trophy is incredibly deserving. I don't think I even need to campaign for him as it is obvious. Grats on a well run season, to the inevitable winner. :o:gocan:  (*there is a strong runner up that deserves an honourable mention too, hehe)

Edited by Primal Optimist
13 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

my votes are in and I think my pick for the D.W. Memorial Trophy is incredibly deserving. I don't think I even need to campaign for him as it is obvious. Grats on a well run season, to the inevitable winner. :o:gocan:  (*there is a strong runner up that deserves an honourable mention too, hehe)

I think there's several deserving GMs this year.  Everyone has their own process in deciding who to vote for.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1
20 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

There are definitely some very worthy GM of the year candidates. I wish I could vote for more than one to be honest. My gut is telling me to go with a team I have seen an increased commitment to winning. A team I think has made some of the largest strides from an organizational standpoint. :) My picks will be in later this morning. 

• Hydration 1
33 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I think there's several deserving GMs this year.  Everyone has their own process in deciding who to vote for.

Absolutely true, for me though its a clear standout among even a handful of great peers.

Posted (edited)

CBJ waives Gerald Mayhew with the intention of assigning him to the Cleveland Monsters.

CBJ recalls Nikolai Knyzhov to the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Edited by Rush17
Posted (edited)

CBJ recalls Dylan Cozens from the Cleveland Monsters.

We have yet another IR placement lol. No point keeping him down in the A with no other active NHL options available to us.

Edited by Rush17
Posted (edited)

1125292361_TBLHEADER.thumb.jpg.c9317a953c75caf5e74b07ca3ab108c1.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning Playoff Roster - 20 players

Malkin - McDavid - Rust

Danault - Krejci - Clutterbuck 

Lehkonen - Gourde - *Goodrow

Luostarinen - Sceviour - Perreault

Kuraly 

Josi - *Slavin

Cole - Romanov

Stralman - Timmins