The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

2 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

So this phase was to shuffle the draft lottery odds. The above results are not the draft order, it's the order that we will use to tie non-playoff teams to the NHL teams. Then when the NHL does their draft lottery, the two teams who are tied to the NHL teams who win will move to the 1st and 2nd overall picks in the entry draft. Everyone else who doesn't win the lottery will revert back to their draft position as determined by the GML regular season standings.

Basically, picks didn't move today, just lottery odds were assigned.

^ says it all.

Totally understood, and approved of 100%.

The teams who move up in the NHL lotto will move up the gml clubs associated to them right now as per rushes post above with the sweet graphical layout. 

The ones who don't win don't move at all other than maybe down a titch if a winner leapfrogs them.

Easy peasy and happy to seezie.

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yep totally understand now thanks guys. Now for another stupid question. We still get to pick the player ourselves come the draft or do we get the player the NHL team picked in our spot

You get to select whoever you like when it's your turn as long as they have not yet been drafted. Lots of variation in who might be available sometimes your guy goes right before you pick sometimes he slides late into the first.

Here is last year's draft 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NbOEHT2YbzK60AblktOFuYxJ_fHDYBnnc-NOfnbsaUw/edit?usp=drivesdk

12 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Totally understood, and approved of 100%.

The teams who move up in the NHL lotto will move up the gml clubs associated to them right now as per rushes post above with the sweet graphical layout. 

The ones who don't win don't move at all other than maybe down a titch if a winner leapfrogs them.

Easy peasy and happy to seezie.

Not quite. The teams have won these lottery odds in in phase 1. If for instance Calgary doesn't win the draft lottery with my CBJ 1st. He would then slide back to 17th OA. These odds only give you draft lottery odds no change in ur actual position.

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

You get to select whoever you like when it's your turn as long as they have not yet been drafted. Lots of variation in who might be available sometimes your guy goes right before you pick sometimes he slides late into the first.

Here is last year's draft 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NbOEHT2YbzK60AblktOFuYxJ_fHDYBnnc-NOfnbsaUw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Nice. Glad the old GM picked Lundell for me. I did the same thing with one of my other pools. Picked him 2 spots ahead of his NHL position 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Nice. Glad the old GM picked Lundell for me. I did the same thing with one of my other pools. Picked him 2 spots ahead of his NHL position 

I tried to move up to get him. Everyone felt comfortable in their spots tho lol. I got to 15 tho! Took Guhle hoping that works out I like him a lot.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I tried to move up to get him. Everyone felt comfortable in their spots tho lol. I got to 15 tho! Took Guhle hoping that works out I like him a lot.

Not sure his Offensive upside. But he’s going to be a player! That’s a good pick.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Not sure his Offensive upside. But he’s going to be a player! That’s a good pick.

Yeah he likely won't be a high offensive Dman. I got him more for the intangibles and his size. He should be a large minute eater if he thrives and he will probably garner some decent PIMs and +/-. I see him as maybe a 300 pt guy at his peak over 82 games. A solid 2nd pair D. If he's more then that I will be thrilled. I like him as a player partly why I took him lol. He is like the new age 2 way shut down defender. Tall, lanky, large frame with amazing skating. Hopefully he becomes a great complimentary top pair D. ::D

Lundell I think has first line upside.  I'm kinda jelly :) i wanted Lundell or Askarov. <_<

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Not quite. The teams have won these lottery odds in in phase 1. If for instance Calgary doesn't win the draft lottery with my CBJ 1st. He would then slide back to 17th OA. These odds only give you draft lottery odds no change in ur actual position.

Yes, this is why I was poking fun in discord, every single person that explains it knows what it is, we just all of us have said it in slightly different language, lol.

NHL unveils complicated new 2020 draft lottery format and odds | Offside

Phase 1 of the GML Draft Lottery has been completed. Teams original draft position pre-phase 1 are listed on the far left side of the table below. Going into Phase 1 all teams shared an equal 6.25 chance to have their draft position changed to a #1. All 16 teams were put into a blender and.... in column ^-v we see the results of that blender. If your team was a high position entering the lottery and it has now been severely reduced. Fear not - for that is only for the draft lottery itself. IE MIN fell 11 spots dropping some massive lottery percentages. But... if Minny does not win the lottery they can only drop a max of 2 spots from their original draft position of 2. Likewise Calgary has moved up from position 16 to 4 OA in draft lottery odds. Talk about some luck... Calgary if they do not win the draft lottery with those increased odds... guess what folks.. Calgary is staying at 16. Think of Phase 1 of the draft lottery as an opportunity to boost your draft lottery odds.  If you don't win the lotto you likely fall somewhat close to where you started! 

BOOSTS      
  POS GML TEAM ODDS ^/- 1ST OA % TOP 2 % ASSOC NHL ODDS PHASE 2 RESULTS  
  1 spacer.png 6.25% -6 6.7% 13.6% T7-SJ JUNE 2ND  
      spacer.png
6.25% -11 2.2% 4.6% T13-CGY NHL DRAFT  
      1218364031_FinalCopySeattle.png.39c040b9055fc347040b245579031b41.png
6.25%   Even 10.3% 20.5% T3-SEA LOTTERY  
      spacer.png
6.25% -8 2.7% 5.6% T12-CHI 1WILL  
      spacer.png
6.25% -3 5.8% 11.8% T8-LA GIVE  
      spacer.png
6.25% -8 1.8% 3.8% T14-PHI US  
      spacer.png
6.25% -9 1.0% 2.1% T16-NYR THE  
      spacer.png
6.25% -1 5.4% 11.8% T9-VAN RESULTS  
      spacer.png
6.25% +8 16.6% 31.6% T1-BUF YAYYY  
      spacer.png
6.25% +5 8.5% 17.1% T5-CBJ LETS  
      spacer.png
6.25% -4 1.4% 2.9% T15-DAL ENJOY  
     spacer.png
6.25% +1 0% 0% T11-ARI (NMC) SOME  
     spacer.png
6.25% +3 4.5% 9.3% T10-OTT PLAYOFFF  
     spacer.png
6.25% +12 12.1% 23.8% T2-ANA HOCKEY  
     spacer.png
6.25% +9 7.6% 15.4% T6-DET BOYS  
     spacer.png
6.25% +13 10.3% 20.5% T4-NJ GIRLS  

I hope that helps with the visuals. I personally was having a hard time grasping the concept myself before last night.. but I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the results of our first go around as a neutral spectator. Just because your lucky in phase one doesn't mean you will be lucky in phase 2. Heck.. it was just last year a team in the playoffs who got eliminated won the draft lottery. So even a team near the bottom of the standings that gets switched to a lower spot... may even end up winning the lottery. It is truly up the hockey gods to decide our fates in our 2 phase draft lottery system! 

STATS AFTER TONIGHTS MIN/VGK GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallant Creates Winning Culture in Vegas

GML PLAYOFFS - PICKUP LOGIN:

Login: CDCGML 2021 Playoffs

Password: CDCGML

NORTH SERIES 1   CENTRAL SERIES 1  
  large.png gml-logo-removebg-preview large.png   large.png gml-logo-removebg-preview large.png  
  157 Points 1 VS 4 150 Points   312 Points 1 VS 4 136 Points  
  WINNIPEG LEADS (+7)   DETROIT WINS (+176)  
  Tippett, Owen (RW) 1 Hellebuyck, Connor (G)   McDonagh, Ryan (D) 1 Rantanen, Mikko (RW)  
  Tuch, Alex (RW) 2 Aston-Reese, Zach (C)   Stamkos, Steven (C) 2 Matthews, Auston (C)  
  Toffoli, Tyler (C) 3 Ceci, Cody (D)   Jarry, Tristan (G) 3 Leddy, Nick (D)  
  Sandin, Rasmus (D) 4 Miller, Kevan (D)   Karlsson, William (C) 4 Cizikas, Casey (C)  
  Hoffman, Mike (LW) 5 Martinez, Alec (D)   Stephenson, Chandler (C) 5 Kerfoot, Alexander (C)  

NORTH SERIES 2   CENTRAL SERIES 2  
  large.png gml-logo-removebg-preview large.png   large.png gml-logo-removebg-preview large.png  
  247 Points 2 VS 3 148 Points   345 Points 2 VS 3 226 Points  
  VANCOUVER WINS (+99)   NASHVILLE LEADS (+119)  
  Landeskog, Gabriel (LW) 1 Ritchie, Nick (LW)   Kucherov, Nikita (RW) 1 Krejci, David (C)  
  Marchand, Brad (LW) 2 Wilson, Tom (RW)   Saros, Juuse (G) 2 Gourde, Yanni (C)  
  Pietrangelo, Alex (D) 3 Forsling, Gustav (D)   Point, Brayden (C) 3 Josi, Roman (D)  
  Foegele, Warren (LW) 4 Wheeler, Blake (RW)   Barkov, Aleksander (C) 4 Clutterbuck, Cal (RW)  
  Marchment, Mason (LW) 5 Marchessault, Jonathan (C)   Pionk, Neal (D) 5 Malkin, Evgeni (C)  

WEST SERIES 1   EAST SERIES 1  
  537 Points 1 VS 4 75 Points   272 Points 1 VS 4 211 Points  
  ARIZONA WINS (+462)   PHILADELPHIA LEADS (+61)  
  Grubauer, Philipp (G) 1 Stastny, Paul (C)   Fleury, Marc-Andre (G) 1 Rask, Tuukka (G)  
  Hedman, Victor (D) 2 Greenway, Jordan (LW)   Mayfield, Scott (D) 2 Svechnikov, Andrei (RW)  
  Pesce, Brett (D) 3 Weegar, Mackenzie (D)   Reilly, Mike (D) 3 Oshie, T.J. (RW)  
  Aho, Sebastian (C) 4 Mcleod, Ryan (C)   Hathaway, Garnet (RW) 4 Hamilton, Dougie (D)  
  Teravainen, Teuvo (LW) 5 -   Foligno, Marcus (LW) 5 Marner, Mitchell (RW)  

WEST SERIES 2   EAST SERIES 2  
  234 Points 2 VS 3 145 Points   359 Points 2 VS 3 273 Points  
  COLORADO WINS (+89)   WASHINGTON WINS (+86)  
  McAvoy, Charlie (D) 1 Ekholm, Mattias (D)   Killorn, Alex (C) 1 Graves, Ryan (D)  
  Huberdeau, Jonathan (LW) 2 Smith, Craig (RW)   Ellis, Ryan (D) 2 Orlov, Dmitry (D)  
  Bennett, Sam (C) 3 Maroon, Pat (LW)   Gudas, Radko (D) 3 Cirelli, Anthony (C)  
  Stanley, Logan (D) 4 Bobrovsky, Sergei (G)   Toews, Devon (D) 4 Ovechkin, Alex (LW)  
  Nichushkin, Valeri (RW) 5 Hagelin, Carl (LW)   Grzelcyk, Matt (D) 5 Bergeron, Patrice (C)  

TOR/MTL remain to decide WPG/CGY (7 PT gap) and PHI/NYI (61 PT gap)

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1