The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

37 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

A qualified RFA forward or defenceman does not fulfill the requirements for exposure.  However, a qualified RFA goaltender does.

Also, players who have not played enough games over the course of the past few seasons are listed on the Expansion Draft tab in italics.  These are players who must be protected in the draft or are otherwise exposed, but do not fulfill the exposure requirements, and so other players must be exposed as well.

Where is the Expansion Draft Tab? The one on my team sheets is empty.

But just to clarify, young players who are auto-protected under NHL rules are exempt right?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Where is the Expansion Draft Tab? The one on my team sheets is empty.

But just to clarify, young players who are auto-protected under NHL rules are exempt right?

The Expansion Draft tab is on each teams chart, along the bottom on the far right.

Still getting to everyone. Yours is done now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great work on the expansion draft tabs, when I saw it yesterday I was greatly relieved. Will be posting my lists shortly. About two cups of coffee away from completed. 

I am unsure how pending UFA's who have offers will be treated so I am considering them like RFA's who are qualified: they can be taken, but do not satisfy the requirement for that position. Am i close? hehe.

47 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Great work on the expansion draft tabs, when I saw it yesterday I was greatly relieved. Will be posting my lists shortly. About two cups of coffee away from completed. 

I am unsure how pending UFA's who have offers will be treated so I am considering them like RFA's who are qualified: they can be taken, but do not satisfy the requirement for that position. Am i close? hehe.

Any player not under contract for next season or a pending rfa do not satisfy the results. If your Ufa is signed by Seattle tho I believe c2x said that would count as your player taken in expansion.

33 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Any player not under contract for next season or a pending rfa do not satisfy the results. If your Ufa is signed by Seattle tho I believe c2x said that would count as your player taken in expansion.

A pending but qualified goaltender does satisfy the requirement.  Only a goaltender though.

Just now, canuck2xtreme said:

Also, while I am sending UFA replies, I'm going to say this:

I have a lot of PMs to reply to.  They're going to be short replies.  That's not to be disrespectful, dismissive or to be taken as not being willing to negotiate at all.  It's just so I can get through everything :lol:

I can 'see' the mountain of work ahead of you and I don't blame you one bit. thanks for taking time to chew through it. 

• Upvote 1

image.jpeg.bc3223274f7d318e7bcda0e6a7397b33.jpeg

MSG NEWS

Expansion Draft Edition

The New York Rangers Expansion Draft team list:

PROTECTED FORWARDS

Ryan O'Reilly

Brady Tkachuk

Casey Mittelstadt

Michael Rasmussen

Alex Iafallo

Adam Erne

Dmytro Timashov

PROTECTED DEFENCEMEN

Justin Faulk

Nikita Zadorov

Shayne Gostisbehere

PROTECTED GOALTENDER

Ilya Samsonov

EXEMPT

Rasmus Kupari

Urho Vaakanainen

Liam Foudy

Sampo Ranta

Nicholas Henry

Jimmy Huntington

Thomas Novak

Jakov Novak

Tim Soderlund
Mitch Eliot

Yegor Rykov

Joseph Woll

Kevin Mandolese

Aliaksei Protas

Graeme Clarke

Marcus Kallionkieli

Yaroslav Likhachev

Michael Gildon

Daniil Misyul

Leon Gawanke

Emil Djuse

Filip Westerlund

And finally, the Exposed Players:

EXPOSED FORWARDS

Kyle Okposo

Cody Eakin

Nick Cousins

Justin Bailey

Riley Sheahan

Brayden Burke

Danny O'Regan

Dale Weise

Dryden Hunt

EXPOSED DEFENCEMEN

Chris Tanev

Marco Scandella

Jesper Lindgren

Olli Juolevi

Parker Wotherspoon

Carl Dahlstrom

EXPOSED GOALTENDER

Braden Holtby

This was a tough process to go through, there are so many great talents, but there is also the flat cap to consider and value of contracts in our system. Some guys who don't deserve to be exposed had to end up exposed, it isn't a great thing, to have to lose a player, but every club is in the same boat, and we just hope our guys all understand the bottom line; if they end up going, as the lone player selected from New York Rangers, they are going to a club who really wants them more than any other guy on our list. None the less it will be a tough loss to our room, no matter who that fellow may end up being. To my fellow GM's, if you notice an exposed player YOU would like to have and protect, please reach out, we have some time left to finalize things and we realize we have some talent sitting on the table at this point. ~P.O>

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Also, while I am sending UFA replies, I'm going to say this:

I have a lot of PMs to reply to.  They're going to be short replies.  That's not to be disrespectful, dismissive or to be taken as not being willing to negotiate at all.  It's just so I can get through everything :lol:

Working American Psycho GIF

Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Logo-1963-1967.thumb.png.68bed795284897a386368413bd644209.png

Maple Leafs Expansion draft list...

PROTECTED FORWARDS

Jesse Puljujarvi

Nolan Patrick

Robby Fabbri

Jake Virtanen

Cooper Marody

Adam Gaudette

Trent Frederic

PROTECTED DEFENCEMAN

Brogan Rafferty

Joe Hicketts

Matthew Benning

PROTECTED GOALIE

Connor Ingram

EXEMPT PLAYERS

Adam Fox

Adam Boqvist

Adam Beckman

Quinton Byfield

Alexis Lafreniere

Alex Turcotte

Ivan Chekhovich

JD Greenway

Andrew Peeke

Jordan Spence

Cole Hults

Nathan Legare

Stelio Mattheos

Jeremy Davies

Connor Corcoran

Clay Stevenson

exposed-rubber-stamp-grunge-design-dust-scratches-effects-can-be-easily-removed-clean-crisp-look-color-easily-83355615.jpg.30714e541c11c701a1fa6d709ca3a4f7.jpg

FORWARDS

Marcus Johansson

Jeff Carter

Jay Beagle

Jimmy Vesey (UFA)

DEFENCEMAN

Calvin De Haan

GOALIE

Phoenix Copley

*List may change before deadline.

@greensman Good luck on building your squad!

Edited by Crabby
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

The art of war, great read when posted to Kingston Ontario and my wife was instructing at the Royal Military College, dictates that one must never interupt an opponent when they are making a mistake. 

Now, DO GO ONNNNNN.

:bigblush:

Spoiler

and yes I am aware that while pointing that finger, there were four pointing back at me....sigh. But it was funny to say, so LOL.

Edited by Primal Optimist

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

The art of war, great read when posted to Kingston Ontario and my wife was instructing at the Royal Military College, dictates that one must never interupt an opponent when they are making a mistake. 

Now, DO GO ONNNNNN.

:bigblush:

Hide contents

and yes I am aware that while pointing that finger, there were four pointing back at me....sigh. But it was funny to say, so LOL.

But making your opponent second guess is also valuable