The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

13 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

NOTICE: The following teams have failed to meet the exposure requirements for the Seattle Expansion Draft.

- Anaheim (short 1 forward)
- Vegas (short 1 defence, 1 goaltender)
- Philadelphia (short 1 goaltender)
- Ottawa (short 1 goaltender)
- Boston (short 1 goaltender)

Seattle will be awarded a 2022 or 2023 1st Round Draft Selection of their choice from each team as per league rules.

The Los Angeles Kings failed to submit a protection list, and so their entire roster is deemed eligible for selection, with the exception of exempt players or players who hold No Movement Clauses in their contract (Nicklas Backstrom).

sad episode 5 GIF

• RoughGame 1

30 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

NOTICE: The following teams have failed to meet the exposure requirements for the Seattle Expansion Draft.

Seattle will be awarded a 2022 or 2023 1st Round Draft Selection of their choice from each team as per league rules.

The Los Angeles Kings failed to submit a protection list, and so their entire roster is deemed eligible for selection, with the exception of exempt players or players who hold No Movement Clauses in their contract (Nicklas Backstrom).

Hold on, how am I short a goaltender? 

The NHL’s expansion draft rules say that a team must expose “one goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.” 

Dylan Ferguson has played 3 professional seasons and is under contract next season. From my understanding he met my exposure requirements?

Edited by winterhawks
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Pretty sure Boston is compliant with the goaltender situation. Have another look-see. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, winterhawks said:

Hold on, how am I short a goaltender? 

The NHL’s expansion draft rules say that a team must expose “one goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.” 

Dylan Ferguson has played 3 professional seasons and is under contract next season. From my understanding he met my exposure requirements?

Ferguson has played in 2 professional seasons.  2019-20, and 2020-21. And calling those 'seasons' is generous, as the highest Games Played total in one of them (over the AHL and ECHL) was 18 games.

The single NHL game he appeared in in 2017-18 does not count as a professional season.  He is exempt.

Edited by canuck2xtreme

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Pretty sure Boston is compliant with the goaltender situation. Have another look-see. 

If Hogberg was qualified, you would meet requirements.  But unless I missed something somewhere, he was not qualified.

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

- Philadelphia (short 1 goaltender) (deemed to have met requirements)

Anaheim: I believe that Anaheim would have the option of exposing an additional forward from their protected list in order to meet requirements. 

Vegas:  Isn't Vegas exempt from expansion?

Ottawa: If Ottawa chooses to expose Patr Mrazek and not protect a goaltender then they meet requirements regardless of the Ferguson situation.

Boston:  Hopefully Boston qualified Hogberg. If they didn't I can't imagine how they could meet requirements due to Binnington's NMC.

This is just my perspective.

Edited by da.moose

3 minutes ago, da.moose said:

Anaheim: I believe that Anaheim would have the option of exposing an additional forward from their protected list in order to meet requirements. 

Vegas:  Isn't Vegas exempt from expansion?

Ottawa: If Ottawa chooses to expose Patr Mrazek and not protect a goaltender then they meet requirements regardless of the Ferguson situation.

Boston:  Hopefully Boston qualified Hogberg. If they didn't I can't imagine how they could meet requirements due to Binnington's NMC.

This is just my perspective.

Anaheim: Too late.

Vegas: In the NHL yes.  Here, no.

Ottawa: Too late.

Boston: Unless Hogberg was qualified, and I don't see that he was anywhere, they don't.

Those have been the posted rules for a long time and there were multiple reminders posted prior to the deadline.

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Anaheim: Too late.

Vegas: In the NHL yes.  Here, no.

Ottawa: Too late.

Boston: Unless Hogberg was qualified, and I don't see that he was anywhere, they don't.

Those have been the posted rules for a long time and there were multiple reminders posted prior to the deadline.

Hogberg left the NHL and signed in Europe. 

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Ferguson has played in 2 professional seasons.  2019-20, and 2020-21. And calling those 'seasons' is generous, as the highest Games Played total in one of them (over the AHL and ECHL) was 18 games.

The single NHL game he appeared in in 2017-18 does not count as a professional season.  He is exempt.

Unfortunately because Ferguson is part of the Vegas organization in real life we can't check his exposure eligibility on Cap Friendly.

However,

Felix Sandstrom of the Philadelphia Flyers meets exposure requirements according to Cap Friendly.

Sandstrom's first "professional season" was in 2018-19 when he only played one AHL game.

To me, this means that Ferguson should also meet exposure requirements.

4 minutes ago, da.moose said:

Unfortunately because Ferguson is part of the Vegas organization in real life we can't check his exposure eligibility on Cap Friendly.

However,

Felix Sandstrom of the Philadelphia Flyers meets exposure requirements according to Cap Friendly.

Sandstrom's first "professional season" was in 2018-19 when he only played one AHL game.

To me, this means that Ferguson should also meet exposure requirements.

Same goes for Dylan Wells on Edmonton.

One ECHL game in 2017-18 allowed him to meet exposure requirements.

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

- Philadelphia (short 1 goaltender) (deemed to have met requirements)

wow