The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

51 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

He can have those ten Tanev points, i have a brand new Simon Edvinsson to fill the slot. 

That is awesome to land him in double digits in round one. Getting less love of late for really no good reason other than some others moving up. I bet this guy is the cream of the crop in not too long.

• Upvote 1

We are pretttty pleased with how our draft shook out. Lucked out with Jesper Wallstedt falling to 14 and nabbed 3 dmen to help fill some organizational needs.

14. Jesper Wallstedt

15. Fabian Lysell

56. Aleksi Heimosalmi 

57. Jack Peart

66. Tristan Broz

91. Kyle Masters

• Vintage 1

We are very pleased with our 2021 draft class. 

We got our #1 target Luke Hughes, #14 guy Simon Robertsson at 36, #20 guy Ville Koivunen at 46, and #32 ranked guy Prokhor Poltapov at #68. 

So if my scouting is good, we got ourselves 4 1st round picks :ph34r:

Missed a few late targets, but feel we got ourselves some solid prospects in the later rounds as well. Wong being there at 117 was huge, as I believe he was #50 on my board.

We feel very good about this draft class, and really look forward to watching them develop!

Also HUGE shoutout to @canuck2xtreme and @Rush17 for their hard work! It was a fun draft! (minus my power going out :angry:)

Screenshot_20210717-221349_Sheets.jpg.674d638ac0b8fabac24cc3f672474859.jpg

Edited by Crabby
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, greensman said:

@AndreLePlum @winterhawks @Sharpshooter @arby18_

Well I’m pretty high right now so I’m just gonna say it like it is... these past few days or expansion and entry draft have been both fun and heartwarming. 95% of the reason is because of you guys, the membership. (5% cause I’m awesome and am gonna kick some ass this season).

I feel so blessed to be back in the league, and I’m very proud of the team I’ve constructed this week. I know I love this game, and know you all do too. I’d like to say that above all of these factors, I’m most impressed by the above GM’s, who maintained the utmost in professionalism and maintained their course through adversity and bad news... even communicating and finding the fun in the game throughout.

You all may know already, but being that LA’s roster was fully exposed, I declined taking a 1st from their organization, as stealing Fiala was more than I expected expansion could provide. 

Effective immediately, the above remaining GM’s may reclaim their 1sts from my club, in exchange for 3rds. I would like your 2022 3rd, but if it’s currently gone, I will accept your 2023. 

@canuck2xtreme if you require full trade PM’s, I’m happy to send them, otherwise consider this post my club’s agreement. If the other GM’s would just also post their approval please. 

You may notice that I did not address Vegas, who currently has no GM, so I’m keepin that one... SUCK IT :lol:!

Lets have some fun!!! 

E6769581-E492-47B9-82C5-E9AEEEC3A0CB.gif

Rush and I are currently piloting Vegas, so I'll happily send you their 2022 3rd. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Rush and I are currently piloting Vegas, so I'll happily send you their 2022 3rd. :)

No thanks :lol:

Definitely a reward for GM’s that showed exemplary sportsmanship, and didn’t abandon their organization for a draft pick. These gentlemen (and Sharpie) have impressed me in a big way. 

Edited by greensman
  • Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

yeah 

1 hour ago, greensman said:

@AndreLePlum @winterhawks @Sharpshooter @arby18_

Well I’m pretty high right now so I’m just gonna say it like it is... these past few days or expansion and entry draft have been both fun and heartwarming. 95% of the reason is because of you guys, the membership. (5% cause I’m awesome and am gonna kick some ass this season).

I feel so blessed to be back in the league, and I’m very proud of the team I’ve constructed this week. I know I love this game, and know you all do too. I’d like to say that above all of these factors, I’m most impressed by the above GM’s, who maintained the utmost in professionalism and maintained their course through adversity and bad news... even communicating and finding the fun in the game throughout.

You all may know already, but being that LA’s roster was fully exposed, I declined taking a 1st from their organization, as stealing Fiala was more than I expected expansion could provide. 

Effective immediately, the above remaining GM’s may reclaim their 1sts from my club, in exchange for 3rds. I would like your 2022 3rd, but if it’s currently gone, I will accept your 2023. 

@canuck2xtreme if you require full trade PM’s, I’m happy to send them, otherwise consider this post my club’s agreement. If the other GM’s would just also post their approval please. 

You may notice that I did not address Vegas, who currently has no GM, so I’m keepin that one... SUCK IT :lol:! (2022 VGK 1st please)

Lets have some fun!!! 

E6769581-E492-47B9-82C5-E9AEEEC3A0CB.gif

image.gif.032b64099a24674992e333f7df268287.gif

• Huggy Bear 1

Very pleased to walk out of the draft with Pastujov, Doan, and Savage.

Did not have the time this year to scout like I usually do, typically spend some more time on the later round guys and try to find some gems. But such is life. Tapped into the USHL system once again, has worked well in the past and hopefully see some names fly off early Friday for the Draft.

Once again, Islanders are open for trade talks whenever. Hoping to get some free agent stuff dealt with to better solidify the roster, but happy to talk trade with anyone anytime.

Cheers to all those that made the draft a fun process, especially @canuck2xtreme and @Rush17 for hosting and keeping things moving. Glad I stole some picks away from other teams, always a good feel :lol:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/NHLDraft...

GML 2021 Draft has been entered into the GML Draft History Doc. Team association, age, and eventually draft position/team will be added at a later time. (please review your team and ensure all the information on your teams selections, picks are accurate please. Easier having the league vet their own teams for errors)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eagijj5whjjAmChiNwd2mROoNjd_c6MHihut6jT3Enw/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers all,

Will update pick associations for Round 1 following Day 1 of the NHL Entry Draft. 

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

Blue Jackets reassign three players to Taxi Squad from Cleveland |  Cleveland Monsters

Welcome Isak Rosen and Anton Olsson to the Blue Jackets organization! These two were key pieces of Sweden's U18 team that won Bronze this past spring. We are thrilled to draft two high quality players with great personalities and positive mindsets! It was a privilege to see them both suit up for games in the SHL this past season. We now have two more young Swedes to join Lucas Raymond and Anton Johannesson from the 2020 Draft Class. 

Isak Rosen selected 16th Overall by CBJ in Round 1 (Has clips with Olsson as well #4 - Rosen wearing #19)

Scouting Report: Isak Rosén - Smaht Scouting

2020-21 Team: Leksands IF (#24)
Date of Birth: March 15, 2003
Place of Birth: Stockholm, Sweden
Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 161 pounds
Position: LW/RW
NHL Draft Eligibility: 2021 first-year eligibility

Anton Olsson selected 74th Overall by CBJ in Round 3 (Clip of Olsson wearing #56)

Scouting Report: Anton Olsson - Smaht Scouting

2020-21 Team: Malmö Redhawks, SHL
Date of Birth: Jan. 26, 2003
Place of Birth: Helsingborg, Sweden
Ht: 6-feet Wt: 198 pounds
Shoots: Left
Position: D
NHL Draft Eligibility: 2021 first-year eligible

• Like 2