The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

10 hours ago, theminister said:

Now that the entry draft is complete, the Dallas Stars are looking ahead to making big moves in Free Agency and on the trade market in an effort to make a strong push for the playoffs.

With the unexpected claim of Gustav Nyquist by the Seattle Kraken, we will enter the rest of the off-season with over $26M in cap space despite a nearly full roster.

BE1373D2-A00B-41B8-9057-FC53F7CF5A83.jpeg

• Haha 2
On 7/18/2021 at 6:00 PM, Rush17 said:

Which teams had the best drafts you guys think?

No love for Seattle? 

No love for Eklund?!

:lol: let’s talk again in a year or two :P

45 minutes ago, theminister said:

You did a $&!# job of acquiring new picks

D-

Wait... don’t I have three 1sts, my 2nd, like five 3rds, and my 4th next year... the better draft class? 

Some of you did my work for me :ph34r: 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1
55 minutes ago, greensman said:

Wait... don’t I have three 1sts, my 2nd, like five 3rds, and my 4th next year... the better draft class? 

Some of you did my work for me :ph34r: 

Mostly, through no work or your own. :emot-parrot:

/ I'm sorry we're rivals now so you better get used to this s***

5 hours ago, theminister said:

Mostly, through no work or your own. :emot-parrot:

/ I'm sorry we're rivals now so you better get used to this s***

Lol, you say that as if you think you hit home :lol:

assets are assets bro... how were the playoffs last year? :bigblush:

F716844E-13B4-4D19-A50C-49ABA7A65D2E.gif

Edited by greensman
  • Haha 1

Is there is a free agent list anywhere in the chat? OP is a little outdated from what i see, maybe be missing something completely because I'm not looking in the right spot. And when does FA start for us?

Rumour:   Washington has come to agreements with two more of their pending UFA's. 

For those who want an opportunity to negotiate with our remaining pending free agents their rights are available for trade. Inquire within.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:17 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

NOTICE: I am looking to add some fine folks to the Agent group to help with contract negotiations.  Would like a team of 3-4 people to keep workloads manageable.  If you are interested, please PM me. Thanks.

Any word on this? @canuck2xtreme

I am still writing up some RFA offers and wouldn't want to dump them all on you if I could split them up evenly between a few of you. 

Pre-UFA state of the union address in Edmonton.

We remain in ''recovery'' mode after a disappointing season. Some moves that just did not work out if we're being honest? Some injuries... We have legitimate goaltending in Vanacek, Shesterkin, Top 4 if Erik Johnson or Klefbom are healthy? Also Hanafin, Dahlin, Larsson. Plus 5 wicked top 6 forwards in Crosby, Patty Kane, Sam Reinhart, Kevin Hayes & Alex Radulov.  We missed play off's by 200 points? This could be covered just by Radulov & someone returning from injury.

Or better years by Shesterkin & Dahlin. We don't think we are far?

Its just depth standing between us & getting back in the race is our opinion. And we have candidates to dive back in?

* Heinola & Brannstrom should launch as high upside D.

* Depth D prospects to nibble at games & fantasy points; Fehervary, Albert Johansson, Lucas Carlsson, Jesper Sellgren, Kyle Capobianco

* Think Nolan Foote and Drew O'Connor will compete for our 2LW / 3LW scoring roles?

* Think Lias Andersson, Nick Paul & Brett Howden can be legit bottom 6 performing pieces this year. Hopefully Rasmus Asplund?

* Also have potentially NHL ready Fwd depth prospects; Jack Dugan, Tyler Benson, maybe Mitchel Chaffee, Brett Leason & newly drafted Tyler Angle.  

* Blue chip G (Ukka Pekka) & Fwd (Dylan Guenther) prospects.   

Its a deep if unspectacular prospect pool.

Edmonton see's ourselves set in goal, probably at D & most of our top 6 forward group. We will be in the market for middle or bottom 6 performing forwards on solid teams.  By trade or UFA, we will not just rely on growing prospect depth which will also be available for immediate help!

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Pre-UFA state of the union address in Edmonton.

We remain in ''recovery'' mode after a disappointing season. Some moves that just did not work out if we're being honest? Some injuries... We have legitimate goaltending in Vanacek, Shesterkin, Top 4 if Erik Johnson or Klefbom are healthy? Also Hanafin, Dahlin, Larsson. Plus 5 wicked top 6 forwards in Crosby, Patty Kane, Sam Reinhart, Kevin Hayes & Alex Radulov.  We missed play off's by 200 points? This could be covered just by Radulov & someone returning from injury.

Or better years by Shesterkin & Dahlin. We don't think we are far?

Its just depth standing between us & getting back in the race is our opinion. And we have candidates to dive back in?

* Heinola & Brannstrom should launch as high upside D.

* Depth D prospects to nibble at games & fantasy points; Fehervary, Albert Johansson, Lucas Carlsson, Jesper Sellgren, Kyle Capobianco

* Think Nolan Foote and Drew O'Connor will compete for our 2LW / 3LW scoring roles?

* Think Lias Andersson, Nick Paul & Brett Howden can be legit bottom 6 performing pieces this year. Hopefully Rasmus Asplund?

* Also have potentially NHL ready Fwd depth prospects; Jack Dugan, Tyler Benson, maybe Mitchel Chaffee, Brett Leason & newly drafted Tyler Angle.  

* Blue chip G (Ukka Pekka) & Fwd (Dylan Guenther) prospects.   

Its a deep if unspectacular prospect pool.

Edmonton see's ourselves set in goal, probably at D & most of our top 6 forward group. We will be in the market for middle or bottom 6 performing forwards on solid teams.  By trade or UFA, we will not just rely on growing prospect depth which will also be available for immediate help!

You're the only Oilers team ill be rooting for next season!

• Haha 1