The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

9 hours ago, Rush17 said:

You gotta have fun! :D Thats what this is all about. I feel bad Crabby got stuck with the maple laughs :lol::P

He's probably the best guy for the job tho! he can take it light hearted :)

fuck off eric cartman GIF by South Park

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I can't read your full pm @greensman in the dark  mode. the bottom text is blank i only see it when highlighting. can u change the font colour if its not a pain.

did that change it? shows normally for me on phone and desktop, but i reset font and background on the post.

18 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I can't read your full pm @greensman in the dark  mode. the bottom text is blank i only see it when highlighting. can u change the font colour if its not a pain.

Fruity Pebbles Cereal with free 3-D glasses | Cereal packaging, Vintage  cereal boxes, Fruity pebbles cereal

@Rush17 this random 80's cereal that showed up at your door ( noticed after a green courier van with no insignia sped off )........use the glasses.....use the glasses.....dude sent you code in that " dark message ".

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, greensman said:

did that change it? shows normally for me on phone and desktop, but i reset font and background on the post.

Did you copy and paste it? I know for me when I copy and paste stuff, it messes up the readability of what I pasted for others who are on the opposite view mode as me on CDC.

Edited by Sergei Bobrovsky

1 hour ago, greensman said:

GML ELC announcement

Good morning everyone. With the help of some of the exec, one very communicative and patient GM and some of the agents, I have done a light revision in the way we will do ELC’s moving forward. I will continue to be your agent/contact for that, but we’ve focussed on setting up a system which should allow clarity, simplicity and realism for everyone. Let’s face it, ELC’s are kids that are desperate to play, and just want to know where to report to :gocan:

ELC CONTRACTS

The three step process

step 1 - uniform salaries based on GML selections

1st overall - 3.25m

2nd overall - 3m

3rd overall - 2.75m

4th overall - 2.25m

5th overall - 2m

6th-10th - 1.5m

11th-32nd - 1m

round 2 - 875k

round 3 - 825k

round 4 - 750k

step 2 - compare to real life selection - consider splitting the difference.

step 3 - consider any other mitigating factors to increase or decrease salary (ex. player had a horrible year - minus... player played in AHL/got a taste of NHL - plus) 

I am making these steps public, so there are no surprises in the process. This leaves some room for agent to negotiate, but streamlines the process and levels the playing field. Most importantly, it does away with the ridiculously bloated bonus numbers on these real life contracts.

Note - All standing GML contracts will remain as-is. This is not retroactive. 

If anyone has any problems or concerns, PM me or share please. I’d like to role this out starting tomorrow, I have a couple contracts and GM’s waiting. 

I look forward to fulfilling your ELC needs in the future. 
Greens

Love that!

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Sergei Bobrovsky said:

Did you copy and paste it? I know for me when I copy and paste stuff, it messes up the readability of what I pasted for others who are on the opposite view mode as me on CDC.

Yes I did. As it has a fair amount of content, I wasn’t going to write it out again. Can you swap modes to read it? I haven’t had any trouble anywhere, but the copy and pasted PM you just sent me is the same as you describe. 

I find if you copy and paste it to a word doc. Then recopy it from there it works for both. It's more of a my problem then your problem :lol: if you uncertain tho a blue or gray works on both. All good I can highlight the text to read it worse case.

It is still invisible but that's okay :lol:

How many of you GM's are using the dark theme on cdc?

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, greensman said:

Most importantly, it does away with the ridiculously bloated bonus numbers on these real life contracts.

Unclear what this means. Real life ELC's in the actual NHL have large (ridiculously bloated?) bonus structures for ELC's.

I would imagine GML would like to continue to mirror that realism with our ELC's, no? 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Unclear what this means. Real life ELC's in the actual NHL have large (ridiculously bloated?) bonus structures for ELC's.

I would imagine GML would like to continue to mirror that realism with our ELC's, no? 

Where it is warranted, yes. That's where the second and third steps come in and leave room for negotiating and adjustment either up or down.  This is just a rough template, not a cookie cutter 'here's what this guy will cost' gospel of ELCs.

39 minutes ago, aGENT said:

In order to keep it balanced, I intend to look at where a player was selected in real life, vs where that player was selected in the GML. Not NHL AAV salary vs our new posted guidelines.

that way if you draft the first overall in the 4th round, you won’t be signing him for 750k... just a measure to keep parity with the NHL. That, and some real life negotiation and balance where necessary. These are just basic guidelines so everyone understands... ex. this year’s 1st overall pick will not sign for 3.775m. 

(Using this example) that said, if this year’s first overall goes on to win a college championship and get awarded MVP, well that might cost ya a few bones... the player has increased their value. Some teams may want to take a look at that ELC slide... good time to take advantage... 

Edited by greensman
  • Cheers 1