The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

On 2/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, da.moose said:

Hey guys, 

I know we have all built our rosters according to the current scoring system but I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts would be if we added 

0.1 per hit

0.1 per blocked shot

0.1 per face-off won

0.1 per shot on goal

Could add an element of realism to our league?

Not too sure about faceoff wins and shots on goal, but I have wanted hits and blocked shots to get some recognition for years and years, good suggestion! 

On 2/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I just wonder out loud about things like shots on goal and hits. I mean Cal Clutterbuck back in the day was gifted so many hits he didn't take and some rinks pad the shots and hits too. But maybe this is hapening in stats we track already I dunno. Interesting idea. Thanks for bringing this up.

My rebuttal to the often heard "every rink tracks it differently" is this: 

Yes every rink is slightly off on the stats they assign for Hits, Blocked Shots, Face Off wins and shots on goal, but the thing of it is that not one of us is in a position to alter the outcomes in our own favour in any of the rinks where our fantasy players play, so the outcomes are generally random, where they may give slightly more or give slightly less of the actual quantities of each: they are done with the eyes on the game real time attempt to log the events as they occur. No one fantasy GM would have any advantage over another with the anomalies and so for me the objection is a moot point. The one or two exceptional hitters who "might" get padded hit stats for instance, are the REASON for the suggested additioin of those points: to recognize the value those hits bring to the real life club. 

I have always felt that for realism keeper leagues should strive to include points for things that make a player valuable in the NHL. If hitting and blocked shots are a bonus for a real team they ought to be a bonus for a fantasy keeper team. 

The low point values seems arbitrary, but I am game for any point values. In other years, about three years ago maybe four, I posted about the quantity of players this would affect on the Hits side: it was like 12 players that would have a significant bump to their fantasy values from hits: and arguably the 12 biggest hitters in the NHL deserve that value or else they are just 4 million dollar anchors on our fantasy teams.

That is all i got. WOn't beat the horse, whatever the outcome is, I am game. Shots on goal not so much a fan of: the big shoots will get their points from the ones that go in. Face offs won would be neat too, in that it would be a very small number of players who are affected who arguably deserve that added affect.

Shrug. Hope the league looks into this. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Not too sure about faceoff wins and shots on goal, but I have wanted hits and blocked shots to get some recognition for years and years, good suggestion! 

Yes every rink is slightly off on the stats they assign for Hits, Blocked Shots, Face Off wins and shots on goal, but the thing of it is that not one of us is in a position to alter the outcomes in our own favour in any of the rinks where our fantasy players play, so the outcomes are generally random, where they may give slightly more or give slightly less of the actual quantities of each: they are done with the eyes on the game real time attempt to log the events as they occur. No one fantasy GM would have any advantage over another with the anomalies and so for me the objection is a moot point. The one or two exceptional hitters who "might" get padded hit stats for instance, are the REASON for the suggested additioin of those points: to recognize the value those hits bring to the real life club. 

I have always felt that for realism keeper leagues should strive to include points for things that make a player valuable in the NHL. If hitting and blocked shots are a bonus for a real team they ought to be a bonus for a fantasy keeper team. 

The low point values seems arbitrary, but I am game for any point values. In other years, about three years ago maybe four, I posted about the quantity of players this would affect on the Hits side: it was like 12 players that would have a significant bump to their fantasy values from hits: and arguably the 12 biggest hitters in the NHL deserve that value or else they are just 4 million dollar anchors on our fantasy teams.

That is all i got. WOn't beat the horse, whatever the outcome is, I am game. Shots on goal not so much a fan of: the big shoots will get their points from the ones that go in. Face offs won would be neat too, in that it would be a very small number of players who are affected who arguably deserve that added affect.

Absolutely. 

Now it won't be " player X is now worth a first because he had a 2 goal game "  haha we can add in " he's going to cost a 2nd to be youre 14th fwd he just had 8 hits last game " haha

• Cheers 1

Image result for New York Rangers Banner

New York Rangers GM and CFO, Primal Optimist, was caught in the storied halls of Madison Square Garden early this morning where the embattled GM was in a rare easy going mood. The Rangers, currently dead last in their division, seem to be having a better season than most of the last half decade, arguably reason to smile.

Going into tonight game, Primal's Rangers are a mere 30 points back of Pittsburgh, and 67 points back of Buffalo and their final slot in the "middle third" on pickup! Both of these gaps Primal was quick to point out are gaps the Rangers think they can make up in rather short order.

I wouldn't say I am 'Happy' but I am not "Grumpy" either. Hell, I am not even a dwarf at 6'2" and with my hockey arse, more of a giant I would say. Just checking the numbers today and there are reasons to be optimistic about our club. So far this month we are 18th in total points earned, and that is miles ahead of where we sit in the current standings. January's slow start really hurt us, but the boys are stepping up and tonight could be a big swing for us. We have outperformed Buffalo AND Philly in February and that is reason to smile. The latest morning standings show that we aren't all that far back of the 4th playoff spot at the quarter pole of the season too! The next two weeks will give us the data we need, but I smell something good in the kitchen! We hope to be less than 200 points out of that 4th playoff spot by March 1st! Oh and once fans are permitted back in the rink, albeit in smaller groups than previous seasons, we will be giving away famous Franks and popcorn with every ticket stub and beer purchase! A thank you to our legion of Rangers fans for working through this Pandemic with us. Stay safe and GAME ON.

EAST

small.png 1035,  small.png 983,  small.png 967,    small.png 915, :emot-parrot:   small.png 908,  small.png 749,  small.png 712,  small.png 682. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Absolutely. 

Now it won't be " player X is now worth a first because he had a 2 goal game "  haha we can add in " he's going to cost a 2nd to be youre 14th fwd he just had 8 hits last game " haha

while 11 other players from the same NHL game got a full point for +/-, your "8 hits" guy just got 0.8 points.

Seems okay to me?

EDIT: Whoops, points for each of those 11 players who got a +1 on the +/-

a "hitter" would need to get 20 hits in at the proposed levels to equal one +/- on the scoresheet. lol, seems like it isn't that big a deal, but would definately give value to players we all have on our rosters but who earn very little on our pickup scores.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

I think FO% would benefit teams with depth at center and would reward teams that prioritize center position eligibility. 

Shots on goal could go either way but I think there could be something said about guys who are applying offensive pressure when they play. 

5 hours ago, snowflake said:

Rumour has it the Habs are open listening to offers on just about anybody if the price is right. 

No1 likes any player that wears a toilet seat on their chest!

*Habs are my 2nd team, but as GM of the Leafs I must play my role here! :P

Just now, da.moose said:

I think FO% would benefit teams with depth at center and would reward teams that prioritize center position eligibility. 

Shots on goal could go either way but I think there could be something said about guys who are applying offensive pressure when they play. 

Yeah, not opposed at all, I just hadn't looked into those before so don't have any good stats off the top of my head. I would vote for your suggestion!

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Busy day for you! Trades in multiple leagues and tile setting.. go easy!

tile removal, so much worse

haha

I think i am giddy from the chem fumes trying to get the subfloor ready for carpet installers. They wanted 1500 extra to remove original floor and carry furniture downstairs. I have moved the furniture and removed the existing carpet tiles from three bedrooms and tiles and grout from landing and half the hall...one week to go and i am on track..

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Crabby said:

Took me a while to see it, but now I cant unsee it :lol:

I had a really grizzled, huge, massive actually, French, Master Corporal with a thicke accent point that out to me when I was making fun of the toilet seat in roughly 2015, haha

Edited by Primal Optimist