The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Oooh, a doozy we could regret?

True to our word, we have remained consistent in trying to march to the post season.

Welcome Sidney Crosby!    

@Canuck Surfer What were you thinking giving up the best G prospect ever and a top 5 pick for a guy thats 1 hit from Troy Stecher away from a career ending concussion, and a backup goalie?

And to follow that question up... Did Crabby use any lube?

GIF by KARE 11

PS...

CS talked about my momma the other day. He deserves this :bigblush:

Marine Life Reaction GIF by pikaole

Edited by Crabby

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I noticed he went straight to the minors. Does he need to clear waivers to be sent down?

All signings that happen while the season is on or waivers in place get designated to minors.

No waivers to call up but if not exempt when on big club then will need pass through Waivers

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

All signings that happen while the season is on or waivers in place get designated to minors.

No waivers to call up but if not exempt when on big club then will need pass through Waivers

The Justin Dowling signing went straight to the main club.

So if a non exempt waiver player is in the minors after signing is called up, they have to pass through waivers before being assigned to the main club?

Just now, theo5789 said:

The Justin Dowling signing went straight to the main club.

So if a non exempt waiver player is in the minors after signing is called up, they have to pass through waivers before being assigned to the main club?

In the negotiation the team probably indicated to the agent/commish where they wanted the player.

This is done at times during trades too as we are all familiar with as it saves clerical work on both sides at times.

Nobody has to pass through waivers when being called up. Only when being sent down and not exempt.

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

In the negotiation the team probably indicated to the agent/commish where they wanted the player.

This is done at times during trades too as we are all familiar with as it saves clerical work on both sides at times.

Nobody has to pass through waivers when being called up. Only when being sent down and not exempt.

Otherwise the bottom same few teams just cherry pick the players off you continually and try to flip them for picks lol.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

So as long as you ask to initially have the player in the minors, they do not have to clear waivers first. Interesting.

21 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

So as long as you ask to initially have the player in the minors, they do not have to clear waivers first. Interesting.

Apologies I have been doing this for over a decade but sometimes confuse simple matters with my jibber jabber.

Its always been that way, never had waivers for a newly signed player or calling players up. Thats all I know.

You are welcome to put anyone on Waivers at anytime though :bigblush:

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Apologies I have been doing this for over a decade but sometimes confuse simple matters with my jibber jabber.

Its always been that way, never had waivers for a newly signed player or calling players up. Thats all I know.

You are welcome to put anyone on Waivers at anytime though :bigblush:

I figured there would be no waivers for calling someone up, but that's what it sounded like in your explanation lol

Just trying to understand all the nuances of the league so I can take full advantage!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Arizona Coyotes have made a trade with the center of the universe.

To ARI:

small.png Travis Boyd

small.png COL 2021 4th Round Draft Selection

To TOR:

small.png Cole Hults

* - The Arizona Coyotes have 24 hours to create a roster spot for Travis or he will automatically be placed on waivers in order to be assigned to the minors.

Thanks to @Crabby for the negotiations

We didn't want to part with Hults, but felt that getting a tradeable asset in a 4th and a playoff body in Boyd was the right package to make that move.

With that in mind... we still looking to add a bottom six forward and a bottom pairing D from playoff teams. That 4th and other assets are available.

• Like 1

Updated lineup

Saad - Aho - Teravainen (pending IR)

Palat - Staal - Hornqvist

Mikeyev - Boyd - Donskoi

Joseph - Paquette - Martinook

Heinen - Gaudette

Rielly - Hedman

Cernak - Pesce

Anderson - Fabbro

Hagg

Grubauer

Bernier

Bolded players are available to combine with other assets (picks and prospects) for aforementioned upgrades

• Like 1