The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

36 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Do you think it's fair for one team to have two starters and another team to have one starter and a backup? 

I’ve been in this position before... it’s not always as cut and dry as you’d think.

I personally approached the teams in the league without a starter, but none of them wanted either of my bonafide starters. 

I maintained an ongoing discussion with agents to let them know of my efforts and my attempts to rectify the situation. 

once there are enough games to make the true starters stand out (right now, that’s goalies playing 13-16 games already), those GM’s with two will be contacted swiftly. 

Edited by greensman
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, greensman said:

I’ve been in this position before... it’s not always as cut and dry as you’d think.

I personally approached the teams in the league without a starter, but none of them wanted either of my bonafide starters. 

I maintained an ongoing discussion with agents to let them know of my efforts and my attempts to rectify the situation. 

once there are enough games to make the true starters stand out (right now, that’s goalies playing 13-16 games already), those GM’s with two will be contacted swiftly. 

This also gets trickier once injuries, covid and just the irregularity of the season get factored in.  Teams are deploying their goaltenders much differently than a usual season. 

However, it is definitely something we have our eye on and have been looking at already.

Teams should be looking over their roster now and making sure they're not pushing the boundaries too far.

Just now, Tony Romo said:

Not sure if its me or sharpshooter in trouble or not, but my point was I think the current rules in place AND the salary cap do a great job at promoting parity, and we do not need a starting goalie list for that. 

I don't think it's about coming up with a list, but just having common sense. A team shouldn't be able to have 2 goaltenders who are playing 70% of their NHL teams games, or 10 forwards who are playing regularly in their NHL clubs top 6.

Just now, canuck2xtreme said:

I don't think it's about coming up with a list, but just having common sense. A team shouldn't be able to have 2 goaltenders who are playing 70% of their NHL teams games, or 10 forwards who are playing regularly in their NHL clubs top 6.

I think there is a theoretical argument to be made that if a team can fit 12 first liners on their team under the salary cap, then tip of the cap to them, but I agree with you and the current rules in place!

• Cheers 1

I have two starters.

Quick didn't have to sign with me in the offseason, I really didn't offer him very much, but I did want a guy who could keep Price "well rested" so I made a pitch.

He was a UFA, literally everyone had a shot at him.

That said, there are goalies with more individual points than my tandem combined, so there is that.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 2

RUMOUR

Hearing the Maple Leafs have been staying busy on the phones. Theres a lot of talk they might be dangling Nolan Patrick for a high quality D prospect.

bold GIF

This coming just 24 hours after hearing they already acquired a quality D prospect. Looks like they're trying to bolster their backend to help with the Adam Fox contract negotiations.

Edited by Crabby
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I don't think it's about coming up with a list, but just having common sense.

Without digging in to any alternate subjects where this might not be the case? 

Common sense seems like a great position for the league to take.  And even if a nudge to move a goalie (discreetly) took place?  Teams also would deserve an honest chance at dealing with said situations.  Like it happens in real life? How long did it take to move Schneids or Lou.  Does Fleury really want to move from Vegas because they have another starter? 

And I mean really!  Why should any team feel obligated to trade some muther pucker prima donna, disloyal, piece of ____ :frantic: ...   

• Haha 1