The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

37 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

The more I see the retro jersey, the more I find myself liking them. Can’t wait to add one to my collection.

didnt like the new stick in rink last year till i saw them in uniform and kinda grew on me, actually dont mind these so hopefully look even better with them wearing it on the ice.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Baggins said:

We're not the Vancouver Johnny Canucks or the Vancouver Lumberjacks, or the Vancouver Sticks in Rinks.

C for Canucks just as the SiR is a C for Canucks.

Lame excuses are just lame captain straw clutcher. Lame, lame, lame, and more lame.

i suppose that it is also lame that the founders of the vancouver canucks designed a version of johnny canuck the way they saw it. that is the history that is relevant. admittedly, they probably went for a walk around the water front and saw killer pods of intrepid orcas floating in the bay but they didn't think it important enough to put an orca crest on the jersey. i suppose you will now give another lecture on orca pods

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, The Lock said:

Um.... maybe re read what you just posted. California to Russia. We're in the middle of that. There's California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia , Alaska, and then Russia! Your post also states Pacific Northwest where we are!

Sorry dude but your post made me laugh how it's supposed to be "anti-orca" and yet you've proven the opposite. lol

there's lots of racoons . . . why don't we have a racoon logo?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, granpappy said:

there's lots of racoons . . . why don't we have a racoon logo?

The whole point of this is it doesn't matter how many there are. They are there and are one of the main attractions of the pacific northwest. You don't have to agree with it. It doesn't change that as fact though.

And I'm sure some junior team out there are called the Racoons.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, morgo said:

@debluvscanucks How do you put posters on an "ignore" list?  'Tiger Hearted' and 'Dumb Nuck' (most fitting name ever) are the two most irritating people I've ever encountered on a message board, bar none...  And that's saying something.

ah fascism, nice one: if you don't agree with me, you are annoying and i will delete you

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 2

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Where is the reference stating that?

Here's what I've found:

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

He first appeared in early political cartoons dating to 1869 where he was portrayed as a younger cousin of the United States' Uncle Sam and Britain's John Bull. Dressed as a habitant, farmer, logger, rancher or soldier, he was characterized as wholesome and simple-minded and was often depicted resisting the bullying of John Bull or Uncle Sam

zoinks! vancouver canucks were formed in the 20th century. the founders designed a skating lumberjack for the logo. you can conjecture the rest all you want

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

It doesn't change the relationship and history of the Orca with Vancouver or that it's a very good logo. Creating lame excuses to dislike it won't change anything. As with anything people either like it or they don't. It's our longest running primary logo so none of the lame excuses matters to those that like it. What it really comes down to is this - you didn't get what YOU wanted. Welcome to life. But as I said, no matter what the primary is there will be those that don't like it and didn't get what they want. Which is why changing the primary logo is completely pointless. You simply cannot please everybody. Particularly when you have the radically different logo history we do.

maybe you should have a rest, you sound exasperated

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, granpappy said:

zoinks! vancouver canucks were formed in the 20th century. the founders designed a skating lumberjack for the logo. you can conjecture the rest all you want

Wish I could like the lumberjack logo on the front. I have yet to see a jersey I like with it on the front though. It's just much better suited to the shoulders imo.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Wish I could like the lumberjack logo on the front. I have yet to see a jersey I like with it on the front though. It's just much better suited to the shoulders imo.

certainly not that pathetic green thing they marketed a few years ago. i have seen concepts that are on the right track

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, granpappy said:

i suppose that it is also lame that the founders of the vancouver canucks designed a version of johnny canuck the way they saw it. that is the history that is relevant. admittedly, they probably went for a walk around the water front and saw killer pods of intrepid orcas floating in the bay but they didn't think it important enough to put an orca crest on the jersey. i suppose you will now give another lecture on orca pods

Well back at inception the Orca was still viewed as more dangerous than great white sharks. Very little was known about their nature at the time. But it was right here in Vancouver that their true nature was discovered and it changed the world view of Orca's. Btw, the founders didn't use the JC logo from inception. That came much later. The original uniform simply had Canucks on it curved in the same way Vancouver was curved above the Orca logo. Perhaps that actual original is the best way to snuff all the logo dramatics. Simply don't have one like the Rangers.

A lecture on reality is much better than Trumpian style nonsense lectures. 

50 minutes ago, granpappy said:

maybe you should have a rest, you sound exasperated

I believe it's Tiger Hearted that needs the rest. Every post appears to confuse him. --> :blink:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2