The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

On 11/2/2020 at 5:49 PM, Filthy McNasty said:

image.jpeg.b021cd52781822e1305710e3a332cf4f.jpeg

On 11/2/2020 at 7:27 PM, Maginator said:

That is sick. I've wanted this for so long. Flying V design with the Blue & Green.

Dear God please never let the Canucks go back in time to Red & Yellow. We are not the Calgary Flames, nor are we McDonalds. There is no "psychology" behind those jerseys being intimidating. A good team is a good team. Keep the blue & green.

I loved the original Flying V colours. However, unlike Calgary, the Canucks were black, orangey red and yellow. The Flames were/are red, yellow and white. However, I fully agree 110%...we need to keep the blue and green. A Blue & Green Flying V uniform would definitely look amazing. It would give the Canucks a look that they can own outright. Love the green bordered block font. Johnny Canuck or a blue and green Skate would be my choice for the arms.

On 11/2/2020 at 7:27 PM, Maginator said:

That is sick. I've wanted this for so long. Flying V design with the Blue & Green.

Dear God please never let the Canucks go back in time to Red & Yellow. We are not the Calgary Flames, nor are we McDonalds. There is no "psychology" behind those jerseys being intimidating. A good team is a good team. Keep the blue & green.

The Yellow skate from the late 80s early 90s is my favourite jersey along with the Jets and Nordiques of the same time period, followed by the Red skate jersey. Since these reverse retro designs seem to be gaudy in the best possible way I would love to see a yellow one with the patch that went along with it. Obviously not the same jersey since that defeats the reverse retro part but something that utilizes the yellow and I'm a happy guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Based on the teaser ADIDAS put out, speculation is the Canucks reverse retro will be a blue/green version of these

Vancouver: What's your favourite Canucks jersey of all-time? (POLL) |  News

:sick::sick::sick:

once agin this team missed the mark. They have so many amazing opportunities to go with an amazing jersey and once agin they disappoint us with that orca.

925879433_ScreenShot2020-11-04at10_05_21PM.png.3a26cfa03dc3bdfd20456341e4ac40d4.png

image.thumb.png.ae6c774582582fbe166ef01ff6298a24.png

Edited by Squamfan
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Based on the teaser ADIDAS put out, speculation is the Canucks reverse retro will be a blue/green version of these

Vancouver: What's your favourite Canucks jersey of all-time? (POLL) |  News

Honestly i think those would look really good tbh i hope thats the case i know its a unpopular onion but those were my favorite WCE jersey and have always wanted them with our current colors  

• Like 2

I guess the NHL is planning to play games next season in Europe. Cuz these are ugly Euro looking Jerseys. 
Adidas art department imo are Hockey color blind the All-star jerseys where ugly with zero sales. 

As far as Canucks, i dont want another Jersey. Im happy with the current orca, the retro Stick and the beautiful 90’s Canuck skate jersey which i hope will be the official Saturday Jersey,...but Jimbo isn’t returning my calls ever since the TDL trade for Toffoli . The original V should be the  annual  Halloween late oct only Jersey.

Go Canucks Go

34 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

I seen the post on addias Instagram page. Every team has a number on the back of the jersey. Not sure if its relevant but probably. Ours was 01. Make of that what you will. 

that's a great point, I never thought of that

6 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

I don't mind that. Certainly looks way better than that one Bo is photoshopped in IMO. That one looked pretty ugly if you ask me.

I like the gradient concept as well. I am holding out hope for a yellow or orange Jersey but get the feeling blue and green will be preferred by the owners.

I get the current colours have been heavily invested in marketing-wise but going back to the old colours permanently seems like a wise choice financially considering they seem to be preferred here as well as everywhere else.