The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

2 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Do you honestly believe that an organization that would make this sort of investment would not know about hockey or like it? From a financial perspective do hockey franchises make a ton of money? Or is it a long term investment in which they hope the franchise value doubles? etc? Either way, it's a risk and I think every owner is a "Hockey Owner" as you put it.

The Aquilinis bought the Canucks and GM Place/Rogers Arena for one sole purpose - real estate development in the nearby surrounding areas plus additional towers to the arena. 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Why are you changing my words, I never said it is not known here, orcas are everywhere just like mosquitoes but we are not known for mosquitoes as many other places because we don’t have that many here, Mosquito Bay or Mosquito Coast does have a ring to it though and back then the other teams viewed us as pests so it may have been better. I said Vancouver is not famous for orcas and if you google what Vancouver is famous for orcas do not come up.

You'd be wrong. I worked in the hotel industry for 25 years. Vancouver is very well known around the world for the resident Orcas off our coast.

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

The Aquilinis bought the Canucks and GM Place/Rogers Arena for one sole purpose - real estate development in the nearby surrounding areas plus additional towers to the arena. 

And yet they spend to the cap year after year, increased the scouting budget, upgraded the teams facility, and spent on such things as sleep doctors. They even bought their own farm team. Doesn't sound at all like somebody interested in hockey. Keep clutching at straws Tiger.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

And yet they spend to the cap year after year, increased the scouting budget, upgraded the teams facility, and spent on such things as sleep doctors. They even bought their own farm team. Doesn't sound at all like somebody interested in hockey. Keep clutching at straws Tiger.

All those things contribute to increasing the franchise value, at least 4 times as much as what the Aquilinis paid for the Canucks. They spend to the cap, including pushing Benning to give up draft picks for more NHL-ready players just to make the playoffs for, at least, short-term revenue gain. Linden wanted a rebuild and the Aquilinis bluntly dismissed it.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

9 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

All those things contribute to increasing the franchise value, at least 4 times as much as what the Aquilinis paid for the Canucks. They spend to the cap, including pushing Benning to give up draft picks for more NHL-ready players just to make the playoffs for, at least, short-term revenue gain. Linden wanted a rebuild and the Aquilinis bluntly dismissed it.

So improving the team shows he's not a "hockey person". I'd wager if he didn't do these things and refused to spend to the cap you'd say "he's not a hockey person". It's just unfounded spin as you continue to grasp at straws.

• Cheers 3

15 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

LOL...."just to make the playoffs".   You make the playoffs and you have a shot at winning...that's the name of the game.  Anything can happen.  And that provides experience to the draft picks that we do have in place who are worth considering in it all.  You don't have to hoard them...you just need some key players in place and then you work with that.  At least in the immediate.  Petey and Quinn need NHL ready players so they can progress and what they experienced was likely FAR more valuable to the team than picks.  

Draft picks are just like that shot you take at the playoffs...they're not an asset unless they pan out.  Some do, some don't.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Tiger-Hearted said:

Okay, junior.

Maybe try liking a team with bland uniforms and ownership you actually like. All I ever see you do on here is whine about our logo and jersey. 

Should become a Flames fan Calgarypuck loves constant negativity. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1