The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

People want a green jersey because its an extremely important part of the team's colour scheme yet they've never gone full out and embraced a green sweater. The past two alternates have been nearly the same as the homes but with the stick and rink swapped out for the orca. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Glad it's positive memories for you.  If you had been around back then...might be different.  The Canucks were barely removed from game 7 of the final and then they made a new jersey to usher in the new Messier era with the new captain.  It was off putting even before learning how bad Messier was going to be on the ice and in the locker room.

To be fair, it was 3 years after the 94 final that Messier and the new jersey appeared. Didn't mind those jerseys, hated Mess. I still have a strong like for the flying skate as those were good years of canucks hockey (early 90s) but I have fond memories of seeing the original skate in rink live at the Pac Coliseum. And of course watching the first cup run in the hideous flying V as a teenager. Now those jerseys I never liked.

6 hours ago, Squamfan said:

This is the best the Canucks have ever looked, easily top 3 in the league should went with a green version and a white logo.

image.jpeg.a166072cbdc5186780396d5537493d46.jpegimage.thumb.png.566ccc96c427eeb2140f2e2dcbf0c011.png

image.thumb.jpeg.d3609ba502dec8842b92001cfd3b2c19.jpeg

image.jpeg.7a9e35df6e6a3c8d9e76d4a11c4e9174.jpeg

image.jpeg.980ccfee367279d6236adbbfbde730d2.jpeg

Squam, I don't agree with most of your takes but 100% agree with you on these jerseys.  Best for sure... Not sure about green version but these alone should be brought back more often to some degree.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Sorry but this whole “reverse retro” idea is a pretty lame attempt at selling jerseys.

First of all, is a reverse retro not just a modern jersey?

Why do they need to base it in another era of jersey? Just create a whole new concept. That would actually be closer to the meaning of “reverse retro”. Come up with some cool futuristic style jerseys. Those I would buy.

• Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sorry but this whole “reverse retro” idea is a pretty lame attempt at selling jerseys.

First of all, is a reverse retro not just a modern jersey?

Why do they need to base it in another era of jersey? Just create a whole new concept. That would actually be closer to the meaning of “reverse retro”. Come up with some cool futuristic style jerseys. Those I would buy.

the nhl should of just had throwbacks, and not the reverse retros

1 hour ago, Laoag said:

You’re seriously the worst person on these forums, never respond to my posts again.

does anyone know how I can block this clown?

Super easy and a great option to have!!! Scroll your mouse over their user name on one of their post and wait a second, then click on IGNORE USER and then you can select what all you want to ignore...I always ignore everything, usually whoever gets ignored stays on it for a long time if not indefinitely for me. Such a great option to have when a poster gets on your nerve and you just don't want to hear from that person anymore haha!