The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

On 11/1/2020 at 3:02 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m not sure what “reverse retro” means, but if you do a basic colour inversion (ie: reversing all the colours) on the white skate jersey, you get something like this:

82E9DB5C-9C9D-455F-9F5A-8936B8EF7047.jpeg.0fc3ad6194b64583f8ae1b24067c8ef6.jpeg

I like this more than I probably should :lol:

• Haha 3

Ehh, could be worse. I'm kind of disappointed that with all the designs in Canucks history, thats the one they decided to go with for a remix. 

That said I'm pleasantly surprised with how nicely the darker shade of blue works with the Canucks green.

• Upvote 1

Big surprise...a chunk of the fan base is negative / hating yet again!! This team can't do anything right in their eyes. It's sooooo exhausting hearing it over & over!!! Ya'll must be miserable in your own lives...

P.S. I think it looks good and i'm getting one. Same with last years stick & rink...a lot of hate, but i liked it and got one. Although some people came around eventually. Maybe people need to lower their expectations and they'll be pleasantly surprised?!

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, IRR said:

Big surprise...a chunk of the fan base is negative / hating yet again!! This team can't do anything right in their eyes. It's sooooo exhausting hearing it over & over!!! Ya'll must be miserable in your own lives...

P.S. I think it looks good and i'm getting one. Same with last years stick & rink...a lot of hate, but i liked it and got one. Although some people came around eventually. Maybe people need to lower their expectations and they'll be pleasantly surprised?!

It could have been worse, some teams went for some bigger changes or went back to something old that looks great. Overall, its alright. I won't be in a rush to get one but maybe down the road....unlikely tho as I like the jerseys I already have and this doesn't move my ticker enough to drop $200ish bucks on.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, IRR said:

A lot of projection here. Just because someone isn't blindly bootlicking everything the team does does not mean they're some miserable hater. Are there some in the fanbase who do that? Sure. But there are just as many who'll praise anything they do because they can't remove the homergoggles.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

It could have been worse, some teams went for some bigger changes or went back to something old that looks great. Overall, its alright. I won't be in a rush to get one but maybe down the road....unlikely tho as I like the jerseys I already have and this doesn't move my ticker enough to drop $200ish bucks on.

I def understand the money aspect...it's a lot of money to spend, so you want to really like it. Like everything these days, they're overpriced. I try to get jersey's at 30, 40, plus % off. Only way to afford them. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bitter Melon said:

A lot of projection here. Just because someone isn't blindly bootlicking everything the team does does not mean they're some miserable hater. Are there some in the fanbase who do that? Sure. But there are just as many who'll praise anything they do because they can't remove the homergoggles.

Agreed! I really mean the people who do it all the time about everything. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Thank you.

I replied to him and i will you...I really mean the people who do it all the time about everything. You can agree to disagree, but me and others see the people who do it and it's exhausting. People don't have to agree with everything or disagree with everything either...how about a happy medium??? We're just tired of the people that $&!# on everything and there is def a few.

Edited by IRR
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, IRR said:

I replied to him and i will you...I really mean the people who do it all the time about everything. You can agree to disagree, but me and others see the people who do it and it's exhausting. People don't have to agree with everything or disagree with everything either...how about a happy medium??? We're just tired of the people that $&!# on everything and there is def a few.

Thats fine, but making a comment like that in something as arbitrary and subjective as a jersey design thread is the wrong spot to make that comment. This fanbase can't even agree on what jersey to wear normally. 

If the team somehow managed to trade Loui Eriksson for McDavid with Edmonton retaining 50% of the salary, and people complained, that would be a case for it. Here it isn't.

Edited by Bitter Melon