The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Trebek Passes at Age 80, Pancreatic Cancer

Warhippy

It appears as though Alex lost the battle with cancer he had been fighting for some time.  Unsure how this will affect Jeopardy moving forward but that's another great canadian Icon gone

https://tvline.com/2020/11/08/alex-trebek-dies-jeopardy-host-dead-pancreatic-cancer/

Longtime Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek died Sunday after a battle with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, TMZ has confirmed. He was 80.

Trebek first revealed his cancer diagnosis in March 2019 via a video announcement. Though he acknowledged that the prognosis for his illness was “not very encouraging,” Trebek said at the time that he planned “to fight this, and I’m going to keep working.” Throughout his struggle with the disease, he continued to host Jeopardy! (which then went on hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic), and he offered frequent health updates to fans while undergoing treatment.

In a July 2020 interview with Good Morning America, Trebek said he wouldn’t “go to any extraordinary measures to ensure my survival” if his experimental immunotherapy treatment proved unsuccessful: “If the quality of life is not there, it’s hard sometimes to push and just say, ‘Well, I’m going to keep going, even though I’m miserable.'”

• Like 1

So gutted over this...he fought a valiant fight and was a true champion throughout it all.

Really going to be missed.

Pancreatic is a B.  My Grandma had it, as well as a former co worker who was in fantastic shape when it hit.  Watched how it ravaged his body and stole him from his family.  F cancer.

• Like 4

Alex Trebek  a few fun facts.

Is Canadian

Alex speaks both French and English  - ,mom was french canadian.

U of Ottawas degree in Philosophy

Got his start on the CBC 

As a kid - thought about becoming a priest....

Donated 74 acres of land for preservation in Santa Monica......

RIP - Alex Trebek

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1