The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Trebek Passes at Age 80, Pancreatic Cancer

Warhippy

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is the farewell message Alex wanted to, but apparently, wasn't able to give his fans:

Trebek had planned a farewell message he never got to give, however: In December 2019, he told ABC News that he knew what he wanted to say during his last episode, whenever it came. He said he’d only need 30 seconds.

“It’ll be a significant moment for me,” he said in that interview. “But I’ve kind of, in my mind, rehearsed it already, and what I would do on that day is tell the director, ‘Time the show down to leave me 30 seconds at the end. That’s all I want.’ And I will say my goodbyes and I will tell people, ‘Don’t ask me who’s going to replace me because I have no say whatsoever. But I’m sure that if you give them the same love and attention and respect that you have shown me ... then they will be a success and the show will continue being a success. And until we meet again, God bless you and goodbye.”

Exactly like we would have expected....

Damn....who is cutting onions?

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It looks like the plan (for now) is to use guest hosts for the foreseeable future, with ken Jennings being the first:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/media/jeopardy-alex-trebek-interim-ken-jennings-trnd/index.html

I think it's a good call....

I'm also looking forward to that weirdo bartender's turn...B)

Agreed.  Imagine how hard it would be for his actual replacement to come right in.  

Ken Jennings was the easy choice, especially since he was already involved with the show this year.  I wonder how long he will be there.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Tonight's the last episode Alex filmed before he passed a few weeks later.   Gah, this one hurts bad.  There's a new show (was on last night...The Chase)...has the Jeopardy big names (Ken Jennings was last night's featured guest).  Hated it.   Who Wants To Be A Millionaire meets The Weakest Link.  But I'll give it a chance I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1