Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Birthday, Elias Pettersson!

Rate this topic


-Vintage Canuck-
 Share

Recommended Posts

22...wow.  Two  seasons, both superb including the type of post season you could only wish from your star forwards. A lot of hockey left with both his career and with us, and he’s already part of a select few of our players all-time.   As in Bure, the only other Calder winner in franchise history, and as in Linden who was the only other player not to take a long time to have an immediate impact come playoff time.   Q Hughes of course joins that select group too.   Can see EP in 15 years retiring with all the records.   He’s that good.  

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, IBatch said:

22...wow.  Two  seasons, both superb including the type of post season you could only wish from your star forwards. A lot of hockey left with both his career and with us, and he’s already part of a select few of our players all-time.   As in Bure, the only other Calder winner in franchise history, and as in Linden who was the only other player not to take a long time to have an immediate impact come playoff time.   Q Hughes of course joins that select group too.   Can see EP in 15 years retiring with all the records.   He’s that good.  

 

I'd say Kirk McLean, Gradin, Bure and some others hit the ground running in the playoffs as rookies or close to it.

 

A name most don't know nowadays but Lars Molin could be included there.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are so so lucky to have a talented young play with such great skill and also very mature for only 22years old...So exciting 10-12 years of watching

this talented young man...He will break all point records as Sedins were not as talented as Pettersson at this age of 22...Maybe won't break Hanks total point record in a season 110 points?

Very bright exciting future, Petey and Hughes 2 elite players...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, wildcam said:

We are so so lucky to have a talented young play with such great skill and also very mature for only 22years old...So exciting 10-12 years of watching

this talented young man...He will break all point records as Sedins were not as talented as Pettersson at this age of 22...Maybe won't break Hanks total point record in a season 110 points?

Very bright exciting future, Petey and Hughes 2 elite players...

 

110 was Pavel.  Henrik was 112.  In both cases, a fairly modest and breakable record as franchise records go, especially for a 50 year old team.  Elias will definitely need an upward trajectory in his development, but there's no reason not to expect that.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes...

 

Love,

 

Petey  :)

Yes Petey, Happy Birthday. Thank you for gracing us with your presence on this board. May you have many bright seasons ahead of you! (with the Canucks of course).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

 

I'd say Kirk McLean, Gradin, Bure and some others hit the ground running in the playoffs as rookies or close to it.

 

A name most don't know nowadays but Lars Molin could be included there.

Although McLean (my avatar) and Gradin were both great players, they both hit their stride in respective playoffs after 4 full seasons, so more veteran at that point. Bure was at the end of his 3rd full season when the canucks had the 94 run. He had 31 pts in 24 games.

Petey, sophomore season, first playoffs = 18 pts in 17 games. Both he and Hughes had a greater impact in their youth. Just sayin.

Still think that Bure was the greatest canuck for excitement and goal scoring. 

 

Oh yes, Lars Molin. Great player, but he was a 25 yr old rookie in 81-82. Had already played 6 pro seasons in Sweden.

Edited by CaptKirk888
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Although McLean (my avatar) and Gradin were both great players, they both hit their stride in respective playoffs after 4 full seasons, so more veteran at that point. Bure was at the end of his 3rd full season when the canucks had the 94 run. He had 31 pts in 24 games.

Petey, sophomore season, first playoffs = 18 pts in 17 games. Both he and Hughes had a greater impact in their youth. Just sayin.

Still think that Bure was the greatest canuck for excitement and goal scoring. 

 

Gradin had 5 points in 3 games in the playoffs of his rookie season.

 

McLean had the 1989 playoff series against Calgary in his second real NHL season and first playoffs.  He had played 2-4 regular season games in two earlier seasons as a minor league callup.

 

Bure had 6 goals and 10 points in 13 games in the playoffs of his rookie year.

 

 

 

Edited by Kevin Biestra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

 

Gradin had 5 points in 3 games in the playoffs of his rookie season.

 

McLean had the 1989 playoff series against Calgary in his second real NHL season and first playoffs.  He had played 2-4 regular season games in two earlier seasons as a minor league callup.

 

 

Not arguing. But as far as impact at a young age? Not as much as Petey and Hughes. Tho, who knows if the Canucks had gone further in those early playoff runs? They just didn't have the team to do it at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...