The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2011 WCF

Rate this topic

nucklehead

In all seriousness, where do following rank in terms of greatest moments in Canucks history?

1) Kesler’s last minute goal (in the top 10 of greatest Canucks goals of all-time)?

2) Bieksa’s OT goal?  (Top 5 of greatest Canucks goals of all-time?).

3) Game 5 win over San Jose (Top 5 Canucks game of all-time?).  

I still think Game 7 1994 of the first round is our overall greatest game in Canucks history (Bure goal + McLean save + stunning the heavy favorites in Calgary), but Game 5 round 3 2011 has to be up there.

• Cheers 1

I remember us getting super lucky after the Sharks cleared it out of the zone late in the 3rd in game 5, it bounce off of Hank's head than went down for icing. Kesler scored on the icing to tie Game 5 in the 3rd.

Hockey Gods were in our favor that game. There were a lot of bounces in our favor in game 5. It was quite miraculous.

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

In all seriousness, where do following rank in terms of greatest moments in Canucks history?

1) Kesler’s last minute goal (in the top 10 of greatest Canucks goals of all-time)?

2) Bieksa’s OT goal?  (Top 5 of greatest Canucks goals of all-time?).

3) Game 5 win over San Jose (Top 5 Canucks game of all-time?).  

I still think Game 7 1994 of the first round is our overall greatest game in Canucks history (Bure goal + McLean save + stunning the heavy favorites in Calgary), but Game 5 round 3 2011 has to be up there.

i always liked Gus Adams' Leaf killing goal in 94 as number two behind Bures goal. it also sent us to the final.

Edited by nucklehead
  • Vintage 1

I was at this game with my roommate at the time and we were sitting 18 rows up directly above San Jose’s net. He claimed he saw it and wasn’t confused but believe me....absolutely everyone around us and in the stadium was. I always thought it was cool that it kind of mimicked 1994 against Toronto. Double overtime and I believe it was three minutes off the actual time, pacific time that we scored from when Greg Adams did 17 years earlier. Low and behold we lose in game 7 of the Stanley cup finals too. 

• Vintage 1

Game 5, 2011, Round 3 definitely has a legit case for being considered the greatest Canucks game of all-time.  

Game 7, 1994, Round 1 would probably get more votes, along with Game 7, 2011, Round 1, and Game 6, 1994, Stanley Cup, but that Kesler-Bieksa back to back sequence with those clutch goals literally shook Vancouver with cheering.    The CBC on West Georgia and Hamilton literally exploded when Kes and Juice scored those goals. 

• Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 9:39 PM, DarkIndianRises said:

Game 5, 2011, Round 3 definitely has a legit case for being considered the greatest Canucks game of all-time.  

Game 7, 1994, Round 1 would probably get more votes, along with Game 7, 2011, Round 1, and Game 6, 1994, Stanley Cup, but that Kesler-Bieksa back to back sequence with those clutch goals literally shook Vancouver with cheering.    The CBC on West Georgia and Hamilton literally exploded when Kes and Juice scored those goals. 

For sure all epic moments.   When we beat the NYR, and convincingly so, felt that our miracle run wouldn’t be denied. Linden seemed destined to lift the cup.   In 2011...well let’s just up two games I wasn’t as sure as I was in 94.   Was nervous.   We’d woke them up.   And Thomas could stop a pea the way he was seeing the puck.    Special teams failed us miserably, for sure it wasn’t Luongo.    

SJ was getting better and better as that series went on and felt if we lost in game five we might have been done.   They outplayed us for long stretches.  KB23 was for sure our hero.   Drove Eager nuts when he pounded away at the much bigger, but non-fighter Marleau ...  and it helped us win the series for sure.   At the start in Boston three Canucks were been considered for the Smythe at the time - KB, Kesler and Luongo.   Ugh.  

A few time I’ve experienced joy watching hockey... 94 game 7 vs the flames was an awesome experience for me.   Camping and listening to the game with my cronies, not a soul in sight.  Then we cheered like freaks and heard another group doing the same maybe 300 yards away somewhere in the bush.    2002 Salt Lake City.   98 was quite a let down.   2002 wasn’t at all.   Good old Sakic and Mario got it done for us.   2010 Olympics were just as or even better.  2014 it was getting too easy ha ha, but still great hockey.    And this years f!ck yeah! by TG was actually pretty cool.   Forget how it feels (playoff moments). 

Edited by IBatch