The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 WJC Pool - Group A (invitational)

Spoderman

Any predictions for the tourney ?

I'm picking Sweden over Russia in the Gold Medal game and Canada will win the Bronze.

The real downside to Canada this tourney is that they haven't played in a while. European players have been playing and are in game shape, I think this will wear Canada down quicker.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Any predictions for the tourney ?

I'm picking Sweden over Russia in the Gold Medal game and Canada will win the Bronze.

The real downside to Canada this tourney is that they haven't played in a while. European players have been playing and are in game shape, I think this will wear Canada down quicker.

That's a fair point, but I think Canada and USA's rosters are good enough to make up for that advantage.

My guess is USA over Canada for the gold (goaltending being the difference) and Sweden for bronze.

Canada has too much talent to not win gold. Their issues in 2016 and 2019 fall on coaching/chemistry but they seem to have that locked down with the amount of time Tourigny and the players have had in camp.

I can't put my full trust in the USA anymore. Whenever I like them, they find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Russia should always be in contention for gold but who knows how Larionov will take over for Bragin. 

I have a feeling Sweden is out in the QF, but I guess I shouldn't doubt the streak.