The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 WJC Pool - Group B

Spoderman

Thank goodness for the unexpected shutout win by the Czechs, otherwise I'd be staring at dead last right now. I'm hoping for a big blowout game for Sweden against Austria with my boys taking all the points of course.

Also hoping that it pays off for Germany to take that rest day before playing Slovakia. They deserve some positivity with the tough breaks they've had to endure.

CLose! You are in the threeway tie for 2nd place now along with Tylez and me.

THe evening game for us all will feature Baer.'s Slovak tendies vs Winterhawks German Tendies. Along with two german players: Romo has Peterka and Crabby has Stutzle

I am really curious as to Germany's trial by fire in the earlier games and their incoming reinforcements: if that makes them favorites for this tilt? I am cheering for Germany tonight for sure. Mostly just so Baer. doesn't get any points today!! But also, I like them better than the Slovak's. 

Just before we get to todays games: I think we sit at these standings:

16 Baer.

13 Theo5789

12 Crabby

12 Tony Romo

12 Tylez

12 Primal Optimist

11 Canuck Surfer

9 BoKnows

9 Winterhawks (not sure about german tendies 2nd point, but it shows on Spoderman's official tab)

7 Dak Prescott

Good luck today to everyone

Edited by Primal Optimist

7 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Just before we get to todays games: I think we sit at these standings:

16 Baer.

13 Theo5789

12 Crabby

12 Tony Romo

12 Tylez

12 Primal Optimist

11 Canuck Surfer

9 BoKnows

9 Winterhawks (not sure about german tendies 2nd point, but it shows on Spoderman's official tab)

7 Dak Prescott

Good luck today to everyone

Im in 3rd without Dach?

damn it dach!!!

1 minute ago, Primal Optimist said:

Finally the shutout I was expecting a few games ago!

Lundell 3

Helenius 2

Lambert 0

Niemela 2

Kokkonen 0

Finn Tendies 2

--------------------------

9 points today, whew, needed that!

Of course Jarventie with zeroes across the board again. Boy, what a dud of a pick he's been!

20 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Of course Jarventie with zeroes across the board again. Boy, what a dud of a pick he's been!

It just wasn't his role this tourny, but no one could have known that but the coach and the team in the final few days. 

I had Joe Veleno i forget if last year or the year before thinking he would be on fire, but the coaching staff put him solidly on the defensive side of the job board and he played to his coaches wishes. Sucks for our fantasy stuff, but Jarventie is likely a big part of why there was a shutout today, setting up the Finns for good self image going into the Canada game tomorrow. 

For my fantasy hopes: I am cheering for Germany against the Swiss, but also cuz my brother in law is from Swiss Canadian stock, so it will be good to see him lose. haha. 

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Finally the shutout I was expecting a few games ago!

Lundell 3

Helenius 2

Lambert 0

Niemela 2

Kokkonen 0

Finn Tendies 2

--------------------------

9 points today, whew, needed that!

Finland, not just because you are part Viking? Was a good play.  Pool A had weaker teams, potential for Canada & Finland to wrack up points.

I picked  Simontoval over  Boldy for that reason?  And Heinola.  So far Heinola has been trumped by Niemela; well played again.  

• Like 1

unofficial:

24 Baer.

24 Tony Romo

21 Dak Prescott

21 Crabby

21 Primal Optimist

19 Tylez

19 Canuck Surfer

17 BoKnows

15 Winterhawks

14 Theo5789

Final day of round robin play..then it thins out dramatically with loser leaves town matches starting in the new year! Good luck everyone, today is the best day of this round robin for sure! Enjoy. I can't wait to see which country faces which country in the elimination round!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1