23 Dak Prescott

23 Primal Optimist

22 Canuck Surfer

22 Crabby

21 Tylez

17 Theo5789

17 BoKnows

15 Winterhawks

Up to three games remaining for 8 different clubs: but 4 of them only have one game left. Canuck Surfer and Tylez have lost their tendies to attrition as the Swiss and Austrian sides retire at the bottom of their respective pools. 

Russian VS Germany 9am Pacific time

Finland VS Sweden 12:30 pm Pacific Time

Canada VS Czech Republic 4pm Pacific Time 

USA VS Slovakia 7:30 pm Pacific Time

Gonna guess Russian gets through, Canada Gets Through and USA gets Through, and I hope Finland, haha. (*not so sure about Russian to be honest, the German re-inforcements looked good against the swiss, and even healthier in two days time? shrug, stranger things have happened!

Happy New Years to everyone and may we all enjoy a whole lot more hockey in 2021. Peace ya'll. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

so far, TONY ROMO with the huge day! now leads our pool!!!

And to think Romo basically missed all of his picks during the draft. I guess the trick next year is to not even show up for the draft!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ELIMINATOR DAY!

Four very worthy clubs will be going home today and taking their tendies with them.  It is a rare schedule this year, due to covid I am guessing, where there are no best of three for the worst two teams to decide who gets relegated! That takes some games away from some tendies for our pool, and provides some 'hope' for the rest of us as Pool Leader, Tony Romo, looks like he is about to lose Peterka, Mysak and Svozil today, leaving him with possibly the US tendies, Holtz and Cam York. Baer in close 2nd place is likely to lose his Slovak tendies. My fate is obvious: Finland wins or I am done. haha. Dak is poised to be dangerous with Russians and Canadians, who seem unlikely to play each other until a possible third eliminator game. Surfer has lost his tendies, but is well spread around the remaining teams in the tourny. Crabby looks to be losing his workhorse STutzle after this morning game, and Tylez has lost his tendies. At this stage, it will be hard for Theo, BoKnows and Winterhawks to make up more than 10 points, but it will be fun trying.

That is my best impression of a TSN talking head, as we enjoy 2nd day of hangovers and the most exciting day of the World Junior Hockey Championship! 

8 great teams on the ice today, only 4 will see the ice again. LOSER LEAVES TOWN MATCHES ARE THE BEST!!!

Happy New Year folks, don't mind me, I just woke up and have a few minutes until the third period of Russia Germany. (I feel the Germans may get one early in the third and then it comes down to Russia's discipline or lack thereof. Germany will punish them on the power play late in the third. Heres to a good finish!)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So, as mentioned after picking?

I should have stuck to plan.  Picked Albert Johansson late.  Passed on Jamie Drysdale and taken Team USA goalies round 2.  That was my plan.

> Got greedy, thought good D should be a premium.    I could be in first place ATM.  My bad... 

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Elias for Germany easily the biggest miss.

Undrafted...

image.thumb.png.8d45f77fc490e9d7fef3997a9fe818f1.png

I suspect that being bumped into Stuetzle and Peterka's line really favoured him (would've been Reichel on the line if he didn't have covid). Would've been interesting to see how he would've fared otherwise. Stuetzle is something else. I wonder if he's going to seriously challenge Lafreniere for best in the draft.

very unofficial but a photo finish is coming in two games, I can feel it!

30 Tony Romo

30 Baer.

28 Dak Prescott

26 Primal Optimist

25 Canuck Surfer

24 Crabby

21 Tylez

20 Theo5789

18 Winterhawks

18 BoKnows

I can see that I have the fortune of 12 man games remaining in my tournament, as does Dak Prescott. Tony Romo has his Yankee Goalies and Cam York. I will finish with a joke. Two Canadians an American and a Russian are still on the ice with a Baer. The Bear Wins the Gold?. badoom tish

9 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

very unofficial but a photo finish is coming in two games, I can feel it!

30 Tony Romo

30 Baer.

28 Dak Prescott

26 Primal Optimist

25 Canuck Surfer

24 Crabby

21 Tylez

20 Theo5789

18 Winterhawks

18 BoKnows

I can see that I have the fortune of 12 man games remaining in my tournament, as does Dak Prescott. Tony Romo has his Yankee Goalies and Cam York. I will finish with a joke. Two Canadians an American and a Russian are still on the ice with a Baer. The Bear Wins the Gold?. badoom tish

The curse of the first and last picks with BoKnows and winterhawks at the bottom currently. Baer missed his first pick which landed him Cozens and Romo was MIA for most of the draft. Interesting on how the trends have gone.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

The curse of the first and last picks with BoKnows and winterhawks at the bottom currently. Baer missed his first pick which landed him Cozens and Romo was MIA for most of the draft. Interesting on how the trends have gone.

sharp eye. I never actually noticed that at all and i have been using a tracking sheet right after each game to keep tabs. its an ocd thing

but you are totaly right, they were the back to back pickers every odd round.

Heinola x 1

Simontaival x 2

Zegras x 1

4 points so far in USA game...

Chinhakov played for me today after being out. No points though, nor for Jamie Drysdale in the Canada / Russia game. Those became my iron shoes,

I did a LOT better than last year.  Still spewing I took Drysdale  instead of Spencer  Knight round 2. 

• Like 1

For those who are interested, best guesstimate strait off the scoresheets. If there is an error, let me know! Everyone that played today plays tomorrow, o.O who will podium? 

36 @Baer.

32 @Tony Romo

30 @Canuck Surfer

30 @Dak Prescott

28 @Primal Optimist

26 @Crabby

23 @Tylez

21 @BoKnows

21 @theo5789

20 @winterhawks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

For the moment I am in SIlver placing behind Baer. 

Not sure if I will medal, but it is nice to be here for now. LIke a skier on the hill watching the heavy hitters come last in the heat...I am just holding the place warm for the real guy. 

Good luck everyone with Canadians and Yankees. 

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

For the moment I am in SIlver placing behind Baer. 

Not sure if I will medal, but it is nice to be here for now. LIke a skier on the hill watching the heavy hitters come last in the heat...I am just holding the place warm for the real guy. 

Good luck everyone with Canadians and Yankees. 

Good job & nice tourney!

Dont think I can pass u. Did not see any points for Simontovail or Heinola for me.  3 for Lundell, 2 for Niemela? So I need like 8 [pints from Zegras, which I am not actually cheering for...

Believe Niemela will lead the tourney in points by D?  Not that sure, but a great pick by yourself...